2013 MAZDA CX-5 PROVES TO BE A GLOBAL SUCCESS STORY

Posted on 24. May, 2012 by in Mazda Canada

Press Release

 

U.S. Shows Strong Sales in Mazda’s Global Launch of a All-New Compact Crossover SUV

 

IRVINE, Calif. (May 24, 2012) – All new from a belligerent adult and Mazda’s initial car to entirely incorporate SKYACTIV®[1] TECHNOLOGY, a 2013 CX-5 compress SUV has exceeded early expectations a universe over by impressing not usually critics though consumers as well.  Entering a ever-expanding and always rival compress SUV shred was never deliberate an easy assign though CX-5 has proven itself a some-more than robust contender.

“The 2013 CX-5 offers many of a needs and wants of compress SUV shoppers – and afterwards some,” pronounced Robert Davis, comparison clamp president, U.S. Operations, Mazda North American Operations (MNAO).  “Its best-in-class fuel economy for both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive models as good as a accurate doing and energetic ability to perform on a perfectionist competition lane such as Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca proves that a better, stronger, smarter truth behind SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY is not a gimmick though truly ground-breaking engineering.”

Available in singular quantities during a finish of February, CX-5 has enjoyed usually sprightly dealership trade with sum year-to-date sales in a United States of 7,503 units.  Northern neighbor, Mazda Canada, Inc., has achieved sales of 3,324 units, an equally considerable figure in a smaller automotive marketplace of about 2 million units (compared to a U.S.’s guess of some-more than 14 million units).

Other tellurian regions are experiencing likewise clever sales figures.  In Australia, CX-5 is a country’s best-selling compress SUV over a Mar and Apr duration with some-more than 2,800 units sold.  Russia leads a approach in Europe with some-more than 7,500 vehicles ordered.  Germany is a tighten second, achieving some-more than 5,000 car orders given rising a small some-more than a month ago. 

In Japan, home to tellurian domicile Mazda Motor Corporation, a annual sales aim for CX-5 was primarily set during 12,000 units.  Since a vehicle’s launch in mid-February, CX-5 has been an über-overachiever with sales already commanding scarcely 16,000 units.  CX-5 models versed with a 2.2-liter SKYACTIV-D diesel engine contain scarcely 80 percent of a domestic sales brew with a 2.0-liter SKYACTIV-G gasoline engine creation adult a remaining 20 percent. In North America, usually a SKYACTIV-G engine is available, creation a segment a tellurian personality in sales of that engine.

Available in 3 trim levels – Sport, Touring and Grand Touring – CX-5 starts during a rival $20,695 MSRP in a U.S.  The CX-5 Sport FWD, when versed with a SKYACTIV-MT six-speed primer transmission, achieves a class-leading estimated EPA fuel economy of 26 city and 35 highway miles per gallon (MPG).  The CX-5 Sport AWD, when versed with a SKYACTIV-Drive six-speed involuntary transmission, is EPA rated during an equally best-in-class fuel economy of 25 city and 31 highway MPG. 

The 2013 CX-5 also is famous as a “Top Safety Pick” by a Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).

 

Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., and oversees a sales, marketing, tools and patron use support of Mazda vehicles in a United States and Mexico by some-more than 700 dealers.  Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.

 

For some-more information on Mazda vehicles, revisit a online Mazda media core during www.mazdausamedia.com.  Product B-roll might be systematic online by visiting The News Market during www.thenewsmarket.com/mazda

 

# # #

 


SKYACTIV is a purebred heading of Mazda Motor Corporation (MC).

Starting cost is manufacturer’s suggested sell cost (MSRP).  MSRP does not embody $795 end assign (Alaska $840), title, taxes, license, options and play charges. Actual prices set by play and might vary.

 

 

Tags: ,

No comments.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.