Benchmark for long-distance journeys: a charging energy of a Audi e-tron

Posted on 10. May, 2019 by in Audi Canada

Most charging procedures take place during home or during a workplace – a time cause generally does not play a vital purpose here since a automobile is during a delay for a prolonged time. By contrast, each notation depends on a long-distance journey, and charging fast is essential, for instance on a business trip. After a brief break, a automobile should be prepared for a subsequent theatre again. The Audi engineers uniformly implemented this critical simple requirement for an electric automobile when building a Audi e-tron.

Convincing: a charging curve
In a stream rival environment, a charging energy of a Audi e-tron sets a benchmark – and not usually since of a capability of High Power Charging with adult to 150 kW. A high stream expenditure on a partial of a battery over a far-reaching charging operation is, during a really least, usually as critical as limit power. 

The 150 kW charging bend of a Audi e-tron is characterized by smoothness during a high level. Under ideal conditions, a automobile charges from 5 percent to 70 percent during a threshold of a limit energy before intelligent battery government lowers a stream levels in sequence to strengthen a lithium-ion cells and pledge a life cycle. A vital disproportion from other concepts, that routinely usually strech their full energy for a brief time (peak) and reduce their energy extremely before reaching a 70 percent threshold. This is since a Audi e-tron continues charging during over 100 kW when it reaches 80 percent. 

On a day-to-day basis, this means an facile benefit: For a operation of around 100 kilometers, a patron ideally spends reduction than 10 mins during a charging terminal. The Audi e-tron reaches a 80 percent symbol after usually underneath 30 minutes. Even yet it takes most longer for technical reasons, to fill a remaining 20 percent of a lithium-ion battery, entirely charging a Audi e-tron during a HPC depot takes reduction than 50 mins – an superb evil compared with a competition.

Clever: a thermal management
The lithium-ion battery of a Audi e-tron has a favoured ability of 95 kWh and has been designed for a prolonged life cycle. Its elaborate thermal government complement forms a basement for a well-balanced performance. Liquid cooling ensures that a battery’s feverishness stays in a best operation of 25° to 35 degrees Celsius, even during high highlight levels or low temperatures. This technical pattern guarantees a high charging and pushing opening and also prevents a cells from being subjected to extreme stress. 

The core of a cooling complement is done adult of extruded profiles – visually allied with a slatted support – that have been merged to a battery complement from below. A newly developed, thermally conductive glue joins a cooling section to a battery housing. The opening filler forms a hit between a housing and a dungeon modules placed in it. This filler is a thermally conductive jelly that fills a space to a housing underneath each dungeon module. In what is a quite fit solution, a jelly uniformly transfers a rubbish feverishness constructed by a cells to a coolant around a battery housing. The spatial subdivision of elements and battery cells carrying cooling H2O also increases a altogether system’s safety.

Comprehensive: a charging options
In further a charging energy and battery capacity, a accessibility of charging terminals is a key cause in limitless, worry-free electric mobility. Audi has not left anything to possibility per a infrastructure either. With a dedicated e-tron Charging Service, a code with a 4 rings now creates around 100,000 charging points accessible in 17 EU countries by label or smartphone. Standardized, country-specific prices meant that we can transport openly and simply but carrying to constantly review prices. On longer trips, Audi business assign their cars during a HPC terminals of a IONITY network during special conditions. This network is being gradually stretched and is set to have 400 stations in 2020 already. Additional HPC charging points operated by creditable providers turn off a e-tron Charging Service for long-distance journeys and emanate additional flexibility.

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.