Honda Automobiles: American Honda Reports Aug 2017 Auto Sales

Posted on 02. Sep, 2017 by in Honda Canada

  • Honda HR-V sets nonetheless another new monthly record in Aug
  • Sporty models boost Honda Civic to clever increase
  • Honda core products Accord, Civic and CR-V all tip 30,000 in sales in August
  • Acura RDX sets new Aug sales record
  • Acura ILX gains again, adult 17.7 percent in August

American Honda Motor Co., Inc. currently reported sum Aug sales of 146,015 Honda and Acura vehicles, a slight diminution of 2.4 percent vs. Aug 2016. Total Honda Division sales decreased 1.8 percent on sales of 132,883. Honda cars gained 4.2 percent with 71,433 vehicles sole in August, while Honda trucks were down 8 percent on sales of 61,460 units due mostly to singular register of pivotal models. Acura Division sales were down 7.8 percent on Aug sales of 13,132 vehicles, with trucks disappearing 1.4 percent on sales of 9,211 units, and cars down 20.1 percent on sales of 3,921 vehicles.

Honda
Honda cars showed no signs of negligence in August, with Civic grabbing a clever 11.2 percent benefit contra 2016 and Accord holding solid in a final year of a stream form, notwithstanding all-new competition. With a difference of HR-V, that set a new Aug record tighten to a best month ever, Honda trucks were still feeling a splash of parsimonious reserve in August.

  • HR-V set a new Aug sales record, jumping 26.7 percent on sales of 9,603, only 176 bashful of a best month ever.
  • Civic sales again surfaced 36,000, for a benefit of 11.2 percent in August.
  • Accord crested 30,000 sales for a month as it continued to sire a downward sedan sales trends among other manufacturers.

“With millions of people pang due to a impassioned continue in Texas and adjacent states, a thoughts and concerns are focused on their discerning liberation and we are committed to ancillary a business during this formidable time,” pronounced Jeff Conrad, comparison clamp boss of a Automobile Division of American Honda.

Acura
The ILX, Acura’s gateway model, again led Acura sales gains in Aug as a oppulance sedan marketplace saw many oppulance carmakers stability to flow on a incentives in a bid to find sales. On a lorry side, a Acura RDX continued to uncover sales strength, environment a new Aug record in one of a industry’s hottest segments. 

  • ILX sales were adult for a third month in a row, gaining 17.7 percent in Aug on sales of 1,380.
  • RDX set a new Aug sales record, gaining 11.2 percent on sales of 4,679 for a month.

“At a time like this, a thoughts are with those who are pang from a whirly in Texas and we are holding stairs to support a business during this severe time,” pronounced Jon Ikeda, clamp boss ubiquitous manager of a Acura division.

 

# # #

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.