HYUNDAI SONATA WINS CARS.COM $25,000 FAMILY SEDAN SHOOTOUT

Posted on 03. May, 2010 by in Hyundai Canada

Hyundais all-new 2011 Sonata surfaced a margin of 8 renouned midsize sedans to win a Cars.com $25,000 Family Sedan Shootout. The Cars.com research consisted of 6 automotive reporters (including Jim Healey and Chris Woodyard from USA Today and Brian Robinson from PBS’s MotorWeek), a family of 4 and 3 days to determine: What’s a best family sedan we can buy for $25,000 or less? The answer was clearly Sonata as a new Hyundai indication simply outpaced a margin with 794 points on a 1000-point scale, violence second-place finisher Camry by 42.

Cars.com editors said, [Sonatas] distinguished pattern won over most, though it was a whole package that grabbed a pretension . . . None of a competitors came close.

Hyundais all-new 2011 Sonata represents a complicated proceed to a normal midsize sedan shred by regulating usually modernized four-cylinder engines, romantic pattern and oppulance facilities offering with Hyundais clever value proposition. The Sonata launched with a new Theta II 2.4-liter gasoline approach injection (GDI) engine and in-house six-speed involuntary transmission. The car offers class-leading fuel economy of 22 mpg city/35 mpg highway and 198 horsepower standard.

Hyundai also announced a 2.0-liter Theta II turbocharged GDI four-cylinder engine and Sonata Hybrid models during a New York International Auto Show, rounding out an sparkling new 2011 Sonata lineup.

Sonata was built to lift a bar in a midsize sedan difficulty by integrating complicated pattern and extensive fuel economy into Hyundais value equation, pronounced Scott Margason, director, Product Planning, Hyundai Motor America. Winning a Cars.com Family Sedan Shootout opposite a normal volume leaders validates that Sonata strike a mark, and is staid to change consumers expectations in this rival segment.

The Cars.com group ranked any aspirant on a 10-point scale in 10 categories. Reviewers accounted for 60 percent of a total; a relatives accounted for a remaining 40 percent. The limit measure probable was 1,000 points.

The final formula were:

1. Hyundai Sonata; 794 points
2. Toyota Camry; 752 points
3. Suzuki Kizashi; 731 points
4. Mazda6; 724 points
5. Honda Accord; 723 points
6. Nissan Altima; 711 points
7. Chevrolet Malibu; 697 points
8. Ford Fusion; 669 points

Tags: ,

No comments.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.