The Audi e-tron Spyder during Le Mans

Posted on 11. Jun, 2011 by in Audi Canada

At a 24 Hours of Le Mans, Audi demonstrates usually how energetic a destiny of electric mobility will be. Audi is presenting a Audi e-tron Spyder judgment automobile opposite a backdrop of Le Mans vers le futur, an eventuality hold in Le Mans as a venue for manufacturers to showcase innovative drivetrain technologies.

The 79th using of a 24 Hours of Le Mans will be hold on Saturday and Sunday, Jun 11 and 12, 2011. In a run-up to a race, a LeMans vers le futur proof drives will take place for a second time given 2010. Audi is holding partial with a e-tron Spyder, a judgment automobile that facilities plug-in hybrid expostulate technology.

Along with a e-tron Spyder, Audi is promulgation an Audi Q5 hybrid quattro to Le Mans. The prolongation SUV will go on sale before a finish of 2011. Both cars will also be on arrangement during a Le Mans vers le futur vaunt in a Racing Village subsequent to a Audi Fan Area.

Backed by a appetite of 3 thrust units, a Audi e-tron Spyder is fit for a racetrack. Two asynchronous electric motors expostulate a front wheels with a total 64 kW (87 hp) of appetite and 352 Nm (259.62 lb-ft) of torque. In front of a back spindle sits a twin-turbocharged 3.0 TDI, mounted longitudinally in a instruction of travel. It pumps out adult to 221 kW (300 hp) of appetite and 650 Nm (479.42 lb-ft) of torque, that are funneled to a back wheels around a seven-speed S tronic. The strong V6, now creation a prolongation entrance in a A6 Avant, is a rarely worldly powerplant, emitting a grave snarl usually when underneath load.

The 3 units can serve adult their appetite alone or in unison. The limit complement outlay is 388 hp, with a limit complement torque of over 900 Nm (663.81 lb-ft). The lithium-ion battery, located in a front territory of a car, stores adult to 9.1 kWh of energy. With 400 volts of three-phase swapping current, a battery takes about one hour to assign adult during an electrical outlet.

The judgment automobile with a 4 rings catapults from 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 km/h) in 4.4 seconds and reaches an electronically governed tip speed of 250 km/h (155.34 mph). In gripping with a due customary for plug-in hybrids, it consumes a small 2.2 liters of fuel per 100 km (106.92 US mpg) on normal and emits usually 59 grams of CO2 per km (94.95 g/mile). In all-electric mode, it has a operation of 50 km (31 miles) and a tip speed of 60 km/h (37.28 mph). On one fill-up of a 50-liter (13.21 US-gallon) tank, a open two-seater can transport over 1,000 km (621.37 miles).

Under normal pushing conditions, a expostulate government complement sends 75 percent of a appetite to a back wheels and a remaining 25 percent to a front wheels. As needed, a complement selectively relates a brakes to delayed a wheels away or provides precise, millisecond-long surges of appetite to specific wheels in sequence to speed them up, permitting understeer and oversteer to be nipped in a bud. The electric motors on a front wheels can be activated individually, and a automatic competition differential distributes a appetite during a rear. This high-precision torque vectoring complement outlines a new theatre of expansion for a quattro expostulate a e-tron quattro.

The Audi e-tron Spyder tips a beam during usually 1,450 kilograms (3,197 lb); a low weight can be attributed essentially to a aluminum physique assembled as per a Audi Space Frame (ASF) principle. The engine hood and countless appendage tools are done of CO fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP). The spindle bucket placement is 50:50 ideal for a energetic concept.

The front cessation facilities a double-wishbone construction, with trapezoidal links done of fake aluminum during a rear. The setup is stiff, though offers adequate comfort. The rack-and-pinion steering has an electromechanical drive. The pattern investigate is propitious with 20-inch wheels; 245/30 tires adult front and 265/30 tires during a back safeguard high parallel acceleration and absolute grip.

Standing usually 1.11 meters (3.64 ft) tall, a showcar is 1.81 meters (5.94 ft) far-reaching and has a wheelbase of 2.43 meters (7.97 ft). The progressive, defined pattern creates it identifiable as an Audi during a small glance. Its defining trait is a rebate to a essential also loyal of a interior with a dual lightweight bucket seats and a large, openly configurable display.

Back

Tags: ,

No comments.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.