2016 Cadillac CTS-V Hits 320 km/h with 640 hp
Track-capable from a factory, with worldly highway manners
Oshawa, Ontario (Monday, Dec 22, 2014) – Cadillac currently introduced a 2016 CTS-V, the many absolute product in a brand’s 112-year story and a newest entrance in a chosen category of a world’s highest-performing oppulance cars.
Launching in late summer with 640 horsepower (477 kW), 630 lb-ft of torque (855 Nm) and a tip speed of over 320 km/h, a new CTS-V reaches aloft than a predecessors, heading Cadillac’s product-driven enlargement and elevation. It is a third era of a acclaimed oppulance sports sedan that launched a elite V-Series a decade ago – and redefined Cadillac for a new era of enthusiasts.
“V-Series represents a really best of a Cadillac code – a peak of a settlement and technical capabilities,” pronounced Johan de Nysschen, Cadillac president. “The new CTS-V is a many constrained instance of Cadillac’s product piece and code trajectory. The new CTS-V soars into a stratosphere of a many refreshing oppulance cars.”
Comprehensive updates make a new CTS-V radically dual cars in one: a oppulance sedan with worldly highway manners and a track-capable sports automobile true from a factory. It also introduces a new supercharged 6.2L V-8 engine corroborated by Cadillac’s paddle-shift eight-speed involuntary transmission, featuring launch control and Performance Algorithm Shifting.
With some-more horsepower and torque than a Mercedes-Benz 5.5L biturbo V-8 and a BMW M-series 4.4L TwinPower (twin-turbo) V-8, a new CTS-V is able of 0-96 km/h opening in 3.7 seconds.
Track-honed design, framework and cessation elements element a supercharged powertrain and rouse CTS-V’s capability, opening and motorist control to new thresholds, while enabling line pushing though modifications or special procedures. Key opening technologies include:
- Standard CO twine hood and accessible CO twine vent, front splitter, back spoiler and back diffuser for incomparable aerodynamic performance
- Brembo high-performance stop complement grown to yield durability, coherence and a capability for track-day opening true from a factory
- Third-generation Magnetic Ride Control delivering 40-percent faster damping response
- Integrated framework controls that yield offset opening for furloughed and a track, including competition-spec Performance Traction Management
- Structural rigidity increasing by 25 percent for softened float and aloft handling
- Driver-selectable modes electronically regulate opening variables for touring, competition and line pushing conditions
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires with tri-compound record charity glorious reason with extended wear
- An interior with performance-oriented, sueded microfibre accents and matte-finish CO twine trim and accessible RECARO high-performance seats for energetic driving
- Advanced reserve and parking technologies, including a front curb-view camera complement that provides a visible evidence of curbs to strengthen a front splitter; involuntary parking support to find and drive into together or perpendicular parking spots; side blind section alert, brazen collision alert, line keep support and back cranky trade alert.
Additionally, a Performance Data Recorder in a CTS-V allows drivers to record high-definition video, with information overlays, of their pushing practice on and off a track, enabling pity on amicable media.
More absolute supercharged V-8 engine
The energy behind a new CTS-V’s capability is an all-new, some-more absolute 6.2L supercharged V-8 engine that creates some-more energy some-more well than a prior Cadillac supercharged engine. It employs a more-efficient, more-compact 1.7L supercharger and matches it with approach injection and Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation).
The supercharger’s rotors are smaller in hole than a prior supercharged engine, permitting aloft limit rpm that enables power-enhancing boost to be generated progressing in a rpm band. That boost is achieved some-more well around a some-more approach liberate pier that creates rebate turbulence, shortening feverishness and speeding airflow into a engine.
The Cadillac supercharged engine also has several singular facilities designed to support a high outlay and a incomparable cylinder pressures combined by forced induction, including Rotocast A356T6 aluminum cylinder heads that are stronger and hoop feverishness softened than required aluminum heads, and lightweight titanium intake valves.
The CTS-V’s complementing eight-speed involuntary is tuned for world-class shift-response times. Smaller stairs between gears keep a engine within a honeyed mark of a rpm band, creation a many of a outlay of a supercharged engine for refreshing opening and incomparable efficiency.
The new 8L90 delivery offers full primer control around steering circle paddles, and Performance Algorithm Shifting to broach change opening that rivals a dual-clutch/semi-automatic transmissions found in many oppulance opening sedans – though with a twine and excellence that come with a required involuntary propitious with a torque converter.
Stronger structure enhances physique suit control
The CTS’s structure is rarely mass optimized and designed to accommodate aloft opening requirements, with enhancements to a V-Series grown to respond to cornering and torque loads that significantly surpass a levels gifted by a non-V models.
Unique and revised elements include:
- Strut tower-to-tower brace
- Strut tower-to-plenum brace
- V-braces for a engine compartment
- Strengthened rocker bulkhead
- Stronger back cradle-to-rocker braces
- A singular aluminum shear row during a front of a chassis
- Upper tie bar-to-bumper braces.
The enhancements accelerate constructional rigidity by 25 percent over non-V models, for some-more accurate doing and steering – and a some-more assured feel from a automobile that conveys strength by well-developed solidity.
“With a stronger physique structure – and some-more than a decade of V-Series prolongation models and a CTS-V racing module knowledge – engineers tuned a CTS-V to broach incomparable physique suit control for a some-more flexible feel, while progressing glorious float quality,” pronounced David Leone, Cadillac executive arch engineer. “The outcome is class-leading capability on a highway or track, offset with oppulance and refinement.”
Track-honed framework and suspension
The CTS-V shares a same 2,910 mm (114.6-inch) wheelbase as a CTS non-V-Series models, though has wider front and back footprints that raise grip, revoke physique suit and minister to some-more direct-feeling steering.
Nineteen-inch wheels wrapped with specifically grown Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires give a CTS-V a footprint and capacitate scarcely 1g in parallel acceleration. The lightweight, fake aluminum wheels – measuring 9.5 inches far-reaching in a front and 10 inches far-reaching in a back – are assembled of a low-mass forging that helps revoke un-sprung weight for incomparable lively and a some-more approach feel to steering inputs.
The wheels are 45-percent stiffer than prior CTS-V wheels, while a Michelin tires underline a tri-compound step that delivers glorious reason in opening pushing situations, while charity glorious float peculiarity characteristics and extended step wear.
Additional contributors to a CTS-V’s responsive, connected and track-capable pushing knowledge include:
- A revised multi-link double-pivot MacPherson-strut front cessation delivers a quicker response and increasing parallel control, incorporating “hydro” bushings, where normal elastomeric bushings are transposed with zero-compliance cross-axis round joints, higher-rate springs and a stiffer stabilizer bar – for 20-percent incomparable hurl stiffness
- The ZF Steering Systems Servotronic II variable-ratio electric energy steering gear, with 14-percent incomparable complement rigidity for an softened feeling of pointing and incomparable motorist feedback
- Cadillac’s five-link back cessation facilities reduced hurl centre migration, stronger parallel control and effective anti-squat geometry, complementing a front cessation with incomparable physique suit control. Contributing components embody stiffer bushings, new cradle mounts, higher-rate springs and a stiffer stabilizer bar
- A customary electronic limited-slip differential supports optimal traction and enables limit dilemma exit acceleration
- Larger column shafts and incomparable half-shaft asymmetry (stiffer driver’s side shaft) lessen energy bound during acceleration
- A Brembo stop complement provides durability, coherence and a capability for track-day performance. The complement includes two-piece 390 mm hole (15.3-inch) front rotors with staggered six-piston callipers and 365 mm diamter (14.3-inch) back rotors with four-piston callipers.
Also, a CTS-V facilities third-generation Magnetic Ride Control and Performance Traction Management. Four driver-selectable settings – Tour, Sport, Track and Snow – electronically regulate opening variables to optimize a automobile for pushing conditions. Performance Traction Management is offering in Track mode and facilities 5 settings of torque rebate and stop involvement for line driving.
Magnetic Ride Control “reads” a highway a thousand times per second, promulgation information to magneto-rheological fluid-filled dampers that can exclusively control a damping characteristics of all 4 dampers. Third-generation improvements capacitate 40-percent faster damping response. At 96 km/h, a third-generation captivating float control complement calculates a optimal damping force for any in. of a road.
Almost any extraneous row on a CTS-V is unique, from a fascias and fenders, to a hood, back spoiler and rocker mouldings – and any was designed to support a car’s capability, contributing to lift reduction, extended cooling or both.
The singular elements include:
- A lightweight CO twine hood featuring an air-extracting opening that pulls prohibited atmosphere out of a engine cell and helps revoke lift during speed by channeling atmosphere pulled by a radiator out and over a tip of automobile rather than permitting trapped atmosphere to exit underneath a car
- Unique front and back fascias yield optimal aero performance, with incomparable grille openings in a front fascia to feed some-more atmosphere to a supercharged engine. Even a filigree settlement of a signature grille openings is lengthened to concede some-more atmosphere into a radiator and mixed feverishness exchangers
- A front splitter enhances doing by forcing atmosphere to pull down on a front of a automobile rather than upsurge underneath it, where it can means lift
- Wider fenders to accommodate a wide, 19-inch wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
- The rocker mouldings and back spoiler are aero-optimized
- The fake aluminum wheels and stop callipers are offering in 3 finishes, permitting owners to personalize a coming of a CTS-V.
An accessible Carbon Fibre package takes aero opening and mass optimization to aloft levels. The Carbon Fibre package includes a some-more assertive front splitter, hood vent, back diffuser and spoiler.
“V-Series is a emotive core of Cadillac and a peak of a brand’s Art and Science settlement philosophy,” pronounced Andrew Smith, executive director, Cadillac Global Design. “The CTS-V reflects that with a confidant clarity of arrival, critical performance, seamless formation of record and pointing in a craftsmanship. The unprotected CO twine components, for example, are book-matched on a centreline for a some-more precise, tailored appearance.”
The CTS-V’s dual-purpose capability carries over to a interior, where a settlement and attribute of pivotal components are focused specifically on performance-driving ergonomics.
“With a opening a new CTS-V is able of delivering, a interior needs to be as organic as a other automobile systems,” pronounced Smith. “All of a hit points – a steering wheel, seats, shifter and pedals – are designed to make opening pushing practice approach and intuitive.”
The CTS-V facilities customary 20-way performance-oriented exhilarated and ventilated front seats embellished in semi-aniline leather, with sueded microfibre inserts and seatbacks. Available RECARO opening front seats broach aggressive, tractable bolsters that assistance reason a motorist and front newcomer in place during high-load cornering. They also have a luxury-performance feel, embellished in Mulan leather with sueded microfibre inserts and seatbacks.
Additional facilities embody Cadillac’s cut-and-sew elements, with musical stitching and authentic materials such as accessible sueded steering circle and change knob. Three colour combinations are offered: Jet Black, Jet Black with Light Platinum accents and Saffron with Jet Black accents.
The CTS-V facilities a singular chronicle of a 12.3-inch instrument row cluster display, with V-Series graphics and particular sign readouts and complementing full- colour, reconfigurable head-up display. It is also versed with a latest connectivity technologies from Cadillac:
- CUE with Bluetooth connectivity with extended voice recognition
- Navigation with Bose Surround Sound audio
- Siri Eyes Free and text-to-voice that translates incoming content messages to debate and reads them over a audio complement speakers
- Wireless preliminary phone charging
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot.
The Performance Data Recorder is tranquil around CUE’s colour hold screen, and recordings can be reviewed on a shade when a automobile is parked.
About Cadillac in Canada
Cadillac has been a heading oppulance automobile code given 1902. In new years, Cadillac has engineered a ancestral rebirth led by suave engineering and modernized technology. More information on Cadillac can be found during www.cadillac.ca.
# # #
2016 CADILLAC CTS-V PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS
Overview | Engine | Transmission | Chassis/Suspension | Brakes | Wheels/Tires | Dimensions | Capacities
Chassis / Suspension
Wheels / Tires
Note: Information shown is stream during time of publication. Please visit http://media.gm.ca for updates.