2016 Chevrolet Volt Interior Makes EV Driving Personal
Intuitive record adds to a uninformed and mouth-watering cabin
DETROIT (Monday, Jan 12, 2015)–The all-new 2016 Chevrolet Volt’s contemporary newcomer sourroundings is designed to be uninformed and inviting, with discerning record interfaces and courtesy to fact conveying an upscale ambience.
“The 2016 Volt maintains a high-tech interior settlement cultured of a first-generation Volt, though has some-more user-friendly elements formulating an mouth-watering change between ambiance and functionality,” pronounced Crystal Windham, Chevrolet Interior Design director. “The new interior will interest to existent owners, though also to those who will be new to a Volt family since of a integrated, nonetheless informed technology.”
Like a exterior, a Volt’s cabin flows with sculpted cues, visible valuables and a incomparable importance on form. The instrument panel, for example, flows into a doorway panels, while a centre apportionment of a instrument row flows roughly seamlessly into a some-more ergonomic centre console.
New colours, blue ambient lighting and softer materials approximate occupants and extended acoustic opening provides a quieter and polished environment.
Additional patron comfort and preference facilities include:
- Standard rear-vision camera
- Enhanced assign standing indicators – including a light on tip of a instrument row that can be noticed during a peek from outward a vehicle
- Centre armrest that is longer and aloft than a stream model
- New storage bin in a front console
- Available exhilarated back seats
- Available exhilarated steering wheel
- Available wireless smartphone charging
The Volt retains a signature twin digital colour displays, with larger, eight-inch-diagonal screens – one in front of a motorist for a instrument cluster and motorist information centre, and a other in a centre of a instrument row that controls a Chevrolet MyLink element and other apps.
The centre smoke-stack is elementary and intuitive, raised approximately one-third fewer icons, and charity apart meridian control knobs. Buttons next a centre arrangement offer a transparent and accessible operation. Most of a facilities can be tranquil with a singular rotary doorknob and 4 buttons.
Returning technologies and new amenities include:
- OnStar 4G LTE with 3 years of use and customary built-in Wi-Fi hotspot (with a three-month/three gigabyte information trial)
- Siri Eyes Free and content summary alerts (requires concordant iPhone)
- Bluetooth phone connectivity
- Automatic meridian control
- Keyless entrance and ignition
- Auxiliary 12-volt energy outlets and twin USB ports
- Remote start
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Premium cloth seats and accessible leather-appointed seating
- Available Navigation and Bose® reward audio
- Heated motorist and front newcomer cloth seats
- Available reserve recognition includes front and back park assist, brazen collision warning and lane-departure warning
Seating and trim
A new dais chair settlement in a back provides seating for adult to 3 passengers. When a center chair is not in use, a outboard rear-seat passengers can overlay down an armrest.
The customary cloth seats underline a particular hexagonal settlement that blends a high-tech coming with healthy biometrics, identical to a settlement during a centre of a sunflower. Lighter, healthy colour tones element a seats and strengthen a cabin’s warmth.
The accessible leather-appointed seating facilities a Volt-exclusive, comfortable brandy colour with jet black accents.
The upscale demeanour and feel of a Volt is reinforced with 3 interior colour choices: jet black, light and dim charcoal grey and jet black and brandy.
About Chevrolet in Canada
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of a world’s largest automobile brands, doing business in some-more than 140 countries and offered some-more than 4.9 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides business with fuel-efficient vehicles that underline energetic performance, fluent settlement and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found during www.chevrolet.ca, on Facebook during http://www.facebook.com/chevroletcanada or by following @ChevroletCanada on Twitter.
# # #