2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3.0L Duramax Delivers Estimated 7.2 L/100km Highway
With all-new turbo-diesel engine, Silverado delivers full-size lorry capabilities with highway fuel potency of some family sedans
Oshawa, Ont. (Friday, Jul 26, 2019) — The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with a available, all-new 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel engine delivers an estimated 7.2 L/100km highway and 10.2 L/100km city in rear-wheel-drive models. Estimated fuel potency for four-wheel expostulate models is 8.0 L/100km highway and 10.4 L/100km city.
With an SAE-certified 277 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque, a Silverado 3.0L Duramax with four-wheel expostulate is also able of towing adult to 4,218 kilograms (9,300 pounds) and a max cargo of 848.2 kilograms (1,870 pounds).
“We designed a all-new Silverado and a all-new 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel to broach both opening and efficiency,” pronounced Tim Herrick, Silverado executive arch engineer. “The engine utilizes state-of-the-art technologies to optimize each dump of fuel and takes advantage of architectural changes to make Silverado larger, lighter and some-more aerodynamic than before. The ensuing multiple offers all of a performance, excellence and capability business wish in a full-size truck, with highway fuel potency we would pattern from a family sedan.”
This is a initial diesel offering in Chevrolet’s light-duty trucks given 1997, and a brand’s first-ever inline-six pattern for full-size, light duty trucks. As such, engineers had a purify piece to precedence a potency and change of an inline-six-cylinder architecture.
“We set out to offer light avocation lorry business a best of diesel – superb fuel economy, good horsepower and manageable torque – and astonishing levels of refinement,” pronounced Nicola Menarini, executive for diesel lorry engine module execution. “We leveraged a tellurian diesel imagination to make certain a all-new 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel engine offers a considerable opening and continuance a lorry business demand.”
Highly durable materials make adult pivotal components, including iron cylinder liners within a aluminum engine block, a fake steel crankshaft and fasten rods as good as blended silicon/aluminum pistons for incomparable feverishness insurgency and reduced expansion. The engine was subjected to a same impassioned unnatural and real-world opening contrast each Chevrolet lorry engine undergoes to safeguard a top standards of continuance and performance.
The lorry draws on innovative technologies to broach considerable fuel economy and a polished patron experience.
- The inline-six engine provides an inherently offset pattern for low sound and quivering characteristics. It facilities an aluminum retard for weight reduction, an 84mm x 90mm gimlet and stroke, dual-overhead camshafts and 4 valves per cylinder.
- A new active thermal government complement warms adult thrust components some-more fast for some-more fit operation.
- The empty brake, that is accessible in tow-haul mode, can yield additional motorist certainty when towing, generally when going downhill.
- The driver-selectable stop/start record enhances fuel economy by shutting off a engine during stoplights and certain other stop-and-go situations, assisting save fuel. The engine automatically restarts when a motorist takes his or her feet off a brake.
- The 3.0L Duramax is exclusively interconnected with a Hydra-Matic 10L80 10-speed involuntary transmission, featuring smaller rigging stairs and an altogether incomparable ratio widespread to capacitate rise efficiency. Intelligent controls adjust to a driver’s needs for well-spoken operation and assertive response.
The Duramax 3.0L turbo-diesel outlines Chevrolet’s third diesel lorry in a accessible Canadian lineup, fasten a Colorado and Silverado HD. The association draws on low diesel lorry knowledge from a Silverado HD with a Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V8 and Colorado with a Duramax 2.8L Turbo-Diesel.
The new diesel choice completes a all-new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 thrust portfolio, that provides limit patron choice by 8 trims interconnected with 6 engine/transmission combinations. The 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel is accessible on a LT, RST, LTZ and High Country trims. For a LTZ and High Country, a 3.0L Diesel is a $3,245 option, matching to that of a 6.2L V-8. For a LT and RST, it is a $4,830 boost over a 2.7L TurboLengine.
Beyond a 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel, a 2020 Silverado 1500 thrust lineup includes:
- The most advanced V-8s in a brand’s story and updated versions of Chevrolet’s proven 5.3L and 6.2L engines equipped with industry-first Dynamic Fuel Management featuring 17 opposite modes of cylinder deactivation. The accessible 6.2L RST achieves class-leading light avocation towing capability of 6,078 kilograms (13,400 pounds).
- An all-new, advanced 2.7L Turbo engine that replaces a 4.3L V-6 as a customary engine on a high-volume Silverado LT and new Silverado RST.
- Proven 4.3L V-6 and 5.3L V-8 engines broach full-size lorry capability and opening for a many affordable trucks in a Silverado lineup.
The initial patron deliveries of a 2020 Silverado 1500 with a accessible 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel are approaching to start in a fall.
ABOUT CHEVROLET IN CANADA
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of a world’s largest automobile brands, doing business in some-more than 100 countries and offered some-more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides business with fuel-efficient vehicles that underline enchanting performance, pattern that creates a heart beat, pacifist and active reserve facilities and easy-to-use technology, all during a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.ca, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/chevroletcanada or by following @ChevroletCanada on Instagram and Twitter.
# # #