- All-new Ford Expedition with new FX4 Off-Road Package adds record and 4×4 hardware to make this family SUV even some-more able on trails and unpaved surfaces
- Expedition FX4 Off-Road Package customary apparatus includes off-road-tuned shocks, all-new electronic limited-slip back differential, movement plates, side stairs and FX4 badging
- New Terrain Management System™ enables a motorist to name modes to optimize pushing dynamics to environmental conditions – from sleet to mud, silt and more
DEARBORN, Mich., Jun 16, 2017 – For a some-more than 20 per cent of Expedition owners that use their SUV for off-road adventure, Ford introduces a all-new 2018 Expedition FX4 Off-Road Package, creation this a many off-road-capable Expedition ever.
“The FX4 Off-Road package delivers off-road pushing confidence,” pronounced Mike Kipley, Expedition car engineering manager. “The record we’re regulating works to adjust to opposite pushing conditions so business can suffer a journey but worry.”
Expedition’s all-new high-strength, aluminum-alloy physique and redesigned high-strength steel support form a substructure for a off-road and towing capabilities. The use of modernized materials enabled engineers to save adult to 136 kg (300 pounds), with most of a assets reinvested to offer business some-more record and facilities than ever before.
FX4 Off-Road Package includes:
- Patented electronic limited-slip back differential to assistance urge off-road opening in low-traction situations by automatically varying energy outlay side-to-side, depending on that wheels need additional traction. With 3.73:1 gearing, a electronic limited-slip back differential also improves towing opening and capability
- Off-road-tuned shocks some-more stiffly tuned to keep wheels in hit with a road
- All-terrain tires with thicker sidewalls to say a well-spoken float while delivering a traction indispensable over severe terrain
- Seven opposite movement plates that offer as underbody armor and strengthen vicious areas. They embody a new silt defense to strengthen a turbocharger intercoolers from removing clogged when pushing by high berms in silt dunes, and steel plates to strengthen steering gear, engine, delivery and send box and a full-length ensure for a fuel tank. To assistance stand over high or high obstacles, a chin spoiler underneath a front fender has been condensed to urge proceed angles
- Unique 18-inch Magnetic Metallic-painted cast-aluminum wheels
- Chrome using boards
- FX4 badging on a liftgate and front fender
- New rubber building liners featuring low side sills that can be private and spotless of any mud, silt or H2O that gets dragged in on family adventures
Expedition’s all-new easy-to-use Terrain Management System™ lets FX4 business name from 7 special expostulate modes that assistance Expedition automatically adjust to opposite highway conditions. This includes normal for around city driving, competition for some-more energetic trips, tow/haul for softened towing and hauling performance, eco for extended fuel economy, grass/gravel/snow for lax terrain, silt for low traction situations and mud/rut for disproportionate surfaces. Expedition FX4 drivers also can manually name possibly 2WD or 4WD modes in a given expostulate mode, depending on their preferences and terrain.
The all-new Expedition provides inexhaustible space, connectivity and intelligent new technology. The Expedition FX4 Off-Road Package has a absolute 3.5-litre EcoBoost® engine ever, rated during 375 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque, and customary Auto Start-Stop, an all-new 10-speed delivery and accessible best-in-class towing of 4,219 kg (9,300 pounds).
The all-new Expedition’s roomy, stretchable interior offers seating for adult to 8 people with a far-reaching bucket area to reason their gear, depending on bucket weight and bucket distribution. Expedition facilities a second-row chair with tip-and-slide functionality – providing easy entrance to a third quarrel but a need to initial mislay a child reserve seat. Once in a third row, even adults will conclude some-more legroom and recumbent seats.
The all-new Expedition lineup, including a FX4 Off-Road Package, goes on sale this fall.