Champion Corvette Racers Design Unique Drivers Series Models
Special book vehicles honour winning Corvette Racing drivers with 4 particular appearances
OSHAWA (Monday, Jan 28, 2019) — Chevrolet has introduced a 2019 Corvette Drivers Series special book Grand Sport models designed in partnership with a Corvette Racing team.
Each of a 4 versions has a specific extraneous colour and singular graphics package desirous by Corvette Racing drivers Tommy Milner, Oliver Gavin, Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia.
“The Corvette Drivers Series celebrates Corvette Racing’s winning legacy, that is driven by a world-class group of drivers from around a globe,” pronounced Steve Majoros, executive of Chevrolet newcomer automobile and crossover marketing. “Each motorist worked with Chevrolet designers on a graphics for their particular edition, giving a cars clearly personalized appearances.”
Offered on Grand Sport 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trims, a colour and graphics packages for a vehicles include:
- Tommy Milner Edition: Elkhart Lake Blue extraneous with china stripes and red crush marks, body-colour mirrors, black wheels with red ribbon and red stop calipers. Jet Black Suede interior (leather seats on 1LT) with red chair belts.
- Oliver Gavin Edition: Shadow Gray extraneous with Torch Red core ribbon and Torch Red crush marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red stripe, red stop calipers. Adrenaline Red interior with red chair belts.
- Jan Magnussen Edition: Arctic White extraneous with Crystal Red stripes and gray crush marks, body-colour mirrors, black wheels with red ribbon and red stop calipers. Jet Black interior with red chair belts; red stitching on 3LT trim.
- Antonio Garcia Edition: Racing Yellow extraneous with “Jake” stinger stripe, red crush marks, Carbon Flash mirrors, black wheels with red ribbon and red stop calipers. Jet Black interior; yellow stitching on 3LT trim.
Each book receives a driver-specific interior board and other singular trim details, and models with a 3LT trim embody CO fiber interior trim.
“Customers can name a chronicle of their favourite Corvette Racing motorist or simply select a one with a colour and graphics that appeals a many to them,” pronounced Majoros. “And like a drivers they represent, any special book is a winner.”
Similar to a Corvette Racing C7.R foe cars, a Grand Sport-based Drivers Series models underline a naturally aspirated V-8 engine. The 6.2L LT1 engine is rated during 460 horsepower (343 kW), and like a foe cars facilities a dry-sump oiling complement designed to support high-performance lane driving.
- Wide fenders and back entertain panels that accommodate vast 19×10-inch front and 20×12-inch back wheels wrapped with Michelin Pilot Super Sport run-flat summer-only tires1.
- Functional stop ducts and extended cooling package.
- Brembo stop complement with 14.6-inch (370 mm) rotors and six-piston calipers in front and 14.4-inch (365 mm) rotors and four-piston calipers in a rear.
- Magnetic float control, specific stabilizer bars and singular springs.
- Electronic limited-slip differential.
- Five-position Driver Mode Selector that tailors 12 automobile attributes to fit a driver’s environment.
- Available Z07 package adds incomparable CO ceramic-matrix stop rotors and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 summer-only tires1.
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel.
- Front Curb View Camera2 on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Head-up arrangement enclosed on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Heated and ventilated leather-appointed seats on 2LT and 3LT trims.
- Leather-wrapped interior with suede top interior trim enclosed on 3LT.
FAST FACT: Since 1999, Corvette Racing has won 99 races in IMSA competition. That’s a many of any veteran sports automobile racing group formed in North America.
ABOUT CHEVROLET IN CANADA
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of a world’s largest automobile brands, doing business in some-more than 100 countries and offered some-more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides business with fuel-efficient vehicles that underline enchanting performance, pattern that creates a heart beat, pacifist and active reserve facilities and easy-to-use technology, all during a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.ca, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/chevroletcanada or by following @ChevroletCanada on Instagram and Twitter.
1Do not use summer-only tires in winter conditions, as it would adversely impact automobile safety, opening and durability. Use usually GM-approved tire-and-wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations might change a vehicle’s opening characteristics. For critical tire and circle information, go to https://my.gm.ca/chevrolet/en/learnAbout/learnabouttiresor see your dealer.
2Read a vehicle’s owner’s primer for some-more critical underline stipulations and information.
# # #