Chevrolet Canada Celebrates Four Years of Colorado Sales With Two New Special Editions
Chevrolet Canada has sole 24,000 Colorados, fueled by consistent creation and a extended operation of choices
DETROIT (Friday, Nov 23, 2018) — November noted a four-year anniversary of a lapse of a segment-redefining Colorado midsize truck. Introduced as a 2015 model, a Colorado accessible a initial full month of sales in Oct 2014. Since then, Canadian business have bought 24,000 Colorados.
To celebrate, Chevrolet is expanding a Colorado operation with dual new special editions, a off-road Z71 Trail Runner and street-focused RST that offer options to compare patron interests on a trails and on a street.
“Colorado helped energise a mid-truck segment, that has grown 130 percent from 2014 to 2017,” pronounced Doug Kenzie, inhabitant offered manager for Chevrolet Trucks in Canada. “It delivers character and capability that is introducing new business to Chevrolet and has proven a success of a 3 lorry strategy.”
“In usually 3 brief years, Colorado gathering GM to acquire series one marketplace share in a mid-truck shred in 2017 and has serve solidified this lead by Oct of 2018.”
Colorado’s success has been fueled by one of a broadest lineups in a midsize shred — including 3 powertrains, 3 configurations and a far-reaching operation of models and special editions — with a solid intonation of innovation.
Upon a introduction as a 2015 model, Colorado brought a new customary to a shred with 3 powertrain options, an estimated 8.8 L/100km highway fuel potency and 3,175 kilograms (7,000 pounds) of towing capability, and it introduced facilities such as a built-in Wi-Fi Hotspot with accessible 4G LTE data.
Since then, Colorado has done updates each calendar year, including:
- 2015: First accessible diesel engine offering in a shred (excluding other GM brands). Four years after it was introduced, no other aspirant offers a diesel engine*, with class-leading 7.7 highway fuel potency and class-leading towing ability of 7,700 pounds.
- 2016: All-new V-6 gas engine and segment-first eight-speed transmission.
- 2017: ZR2 indication with wider track, carried cessation from a factory, insubordinate Canadian-engineered Multimatic DSSV dampers and class-exclusive customary front and back electronic locking differentials.
- 2018: ZR2 Bison opening various grown in partnership with AEV that will strech dealers in early 2019.
- 2019: Two new special editions combined to a lineup: RST and Z71 Trail Runner.
Both new special editions underline a flow-through “CHEVROLET” lettered grille initial introduced on a Colorado ZR2 Bison. The grille is also accessible as an appendage for an MSRP of $395, not including designation or tax.
The Colorado RST builds on a successful street-focused RST models offering on Tahoe, Suburban and a all-new Silverado. For Colorado, a RST is formed on a LT trim and adds monochromatic extraneous equivalent with black beltline and physique side mouldings. It also adds a black tailgate bowtie, Colorado and RST badges. The RST is also a initial Colorado to offer 20-inch wheels, finished in low-gloss black.
The Z71 Trail Runner starts with a Colorado Z71 off-road package and adds a Colorado ZR2’s underbody protection. Changes embody hammered aluminum front and midst movement plates, organic rocker insurance and Goodyear Duratrac tires.
With a Z71 Trail Runner, a Colorado lineup now offers 4 graphic levels of off-road capability:
- Colorado Z71: Z71 Off-Road Suspension, automatic-locking back differential and singular 17-inch embellished wheels and all-terrain tires.
- New Colorado Z71 Trail Runner: Adds additional off-road insurance to a Z71 trim with a Colorado ZR2’s front and midst movement plates, rocker insurance and 17-inch Goodyear Duratrac tires standard.
- Colorado ZR2: Compared to a customary Colorado, a ZR2 facilities a factory-installed 3.5-inch wider lane and a cessation carried by 2 inches. Class-exclusive facilities embody front and back electronic locking differentials and Multimatic DSSV Dampers. The ZR2 also facilities front and midst movement plates, rocker insurance and front and back bumpers mutated for improved off-road clearance.
- Colorado ZR2 Bison: The ZR2 Bison adds even some-more impassioned off-road capability with 5 hot-stamped Boron steel movement plates and hammered steel front and back bumpers with front winch supplies and back liberation points.
*Excludes other GM vehicles.
ABOUT CHEVROLET IN CANADA
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of a world’s largest automobile brands, doing business in some-more than 100 countries and offered some-more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides business with fuel-efficient vehicles that underline enchanting performance, pattern that creates a heart beat, pacifist and active reserve facilities and easy-to-use technology, all during a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.ca, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/chevroletcanada or by following @ChevroletCanada on Instagram and Twitter.
# # #