Chevrolet Debuts All-New 2020 Silverado HD
Strongest, many modernized Silverado HD ever offers a max towing capability of 16,102 kilograms (35,500 pounds), class-leading technologies and stretched operation of patron choices
FLINT, Michigan (Tuesday, Feb 5, 2019) — Today Chevrolet debuted a full lineup of a all-new 2020 Silverado HD — a strongest, many advanced, many able Silverado HD ever. Max towing capability increases an huge 52 percent to an accessible 16,102 kilograms (35,500 pounds). It is also a third all-new Silverado in usually 18 months, any designed for opposite customers.
“We set out to make a best HD trucks on a market, bar none,” pronounced Jaclyn McQuaid, arch engineer, Silverado HD. “We increasing towing capabilities opposite a line, not usually for dually buyers. We sum class-leading towing technologies, such as 15 accessible camera views, to make trailering some-more convenient, possibly pulling a vast bucket trailer or fifth-wheel camper. And we finished a horde of changes to make tasks easier.”
Built during a Flint Assembly plant in Flint, Michigan, a all-new 2020 Silverado HD is longer, wider and taller than a prototype with a wheelbase that’s been stretched 335 mm (5.2 inches) on Crew Cab models and is scaled for HD customers. The Silverado HD will be accessible in 5 graphic trim levels — Work Truck, Custom, LT, LTZ and High Country — accessible opposite 22 cab, bed, framework and driveline configurations.
Customers can name between twin new powertrains. The customary engine is a new 6.6L V-8 gas with approach injection origination 401 hp and 629 Nm (464 lb-ft) of torque corresponding to a six-speed involuntary transmission. That’s an 11 percent boost in horsepower and a 21 percent boost in rise torque, respectively, ensuing in 18 percent some-more towing capability.
Then there’s a mythological Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V-8 engine origination 445 hp and 1234 Nm (910 lb-ft) of torque joined with an all-new Allison® 10-speed involuntary transmission. In addition, any member between a delivery and a wheels has been upgraded to capacitate an accessible 52-percent boost in max towing capability — now adult to 16,102 kilograms (35,500 pounds) on Regular Cab, two-wheel drive, DRW, diesel models.
2020 Silverado HD highlights:
- New, some-more absolute 6.6L V-8 gas engine with approach injection for incomparable opening and stronger trailering capability with 21 percent some-more torque and adult to 18 percent some-more towing compared to prior 6.0L gas engine.
- All-new Allison® 10-speed involuntary delivery is matched with a accessible Duramax 6.6L V-8 Turbo-Diesel engine for a 52 percent boost in max towing to 16,102 kilograms (35,500 pounds) on scrupulously versed models.
- Autotrac active two-speed send box on 4×4 models electronically controls “4 Auto” mode, permitting a lorry to seamlessly change between two-wheel expostulate and four-wheel expostulate formed on highway conditions.
- Advanced Trailering System technologies and new pure trailer view: The in-vehicle trailering element facilities an accessible sum of 15 accessible camera views (requires an commissioned appendage camera), such as HD Surround Vision and other unique views including a pure trailer feature to assistance yield sum certainty when towing. Also facilities increasing formation with a myChevrolet mobile app1.
- HD-exclusive sculpted extraneous pattern features a many split from a Silverado 1500 ever — a roof is a usually common square metal.
- Heavy-duty sum designed to make work easier and some-more intuitive, including facilities such as an easy-access engine retard heater outlet, easy-to-fill diesel empty liquid (DEF) tank with opening inside a fuel door, a some-more integrated sleet plow prep package and new, modernized trailering mirrors with accessible mark lamps and more.
- BedStep feature and incomparable CornerSteps creates it easier to bucket or strech apparatus in a bucket box, that is designed to reason a span of size-12 boots and adult to 226 kilograms (500 pounds).
- Larger cab enables some-more atmospheric interiors with Crew Cab models adding about 3 inches in altogether length.
2020 Silverado HD Competitive Advantages:
Tougher, stronger and some-more capable
The 2020 Silverado HD increases towing capability opposite a lineup compared to 2019. This incomparable capability is driven by framework and cessation enhancements and new thrust combinations that work seamlessly to offer assured opening with good durability, quite when towing. An extended chronicle of a Silverado HD’s sturdy, proven ladder-frame design, with boxed rails that urge strength and minister to a well-spoken ride, is a substructure for a new truck. It’s a heavier-duty support compared to a stream model, designed to hoop a truck’s aloft loads, including a aloft sum sum automobile weight rating (GCWR) of adult to 19,731 kilograms (43,500 pounds) on scrupulously versed trucks.
To hoop a increasing towing capability, a upgraded driveline includes new, larger, some-more clever front and behind axles, a customary 11.5-inch ring rigging on 2500HD models, and a large 12-inch ring rigging on 3500HD diesel models. Also, 30-percent larger-diameter column shafts yield incomparable strength with a high torque outlay of a new 6.6L gas engine and a Duramax Turbo-Diesel. Helping cold a Duramax engine is a large 28-inch hole fan with non-static fan speed – 2.5-inches incomparable than a stream fan.
A More Confident Towing Experience Through Technology
That incomparable towing capability is matched with Chevrolet’s new apartment of customer-focused trailering technologies, including a new pure trailer feature, designed to assistance urge a knowledge with visibility, easier hitching and some-more pushing certainty when towing a trailer.
More than 90 percent of heavy-duty lorry owners use their lorry for trailering, origination it one of a many critical considerations for customers, with safety, certainty and prominence their tip concerns when towing. The 2020 Silverado HD delivers with an Advanced Trailering System designed to make any aspect of towing easier and some-more convenient.
The 2020 Silverado HD offers adult to 15 singular camera views, including HD Surround Vision, Bed View, an industry-first pure trailer view, and an appendage camera. The pure trailer perspective helps with prominence by a trailer as if a trailer was not there providing sum certainty when towing. The pure trailer helps with navigating parking lots, merging into trade or when origination parsimonious turns. It uses twin cameras — one tailgate-mounted camera and an accessible appendage camera (installation required) mounted on a behind of a trailer — to yield a far-reaching arrangement that helps a motorist to probably see by and alongside a trailer.
Another new underline we’re building is a new intelligent trailer integration, that is designed to work with ASA Electronics iN∙Command® control systems2. The element is being designed to confederate with and be accessed by a myChevrolet mobile app, possibly on concordant Android and iOS smartphones, or on a vehicle’s infotainment element around Apple CarPlay3 or Android Auto4.The iNˑCommand® control system5 allows owners to guard and control a operation of intelligent systems, such as H2O tank levels, HVAC controls and even energy slide-outs, in recreational trailers versed with a technology.
Other towing technologies embody an in-vehicle Trailering App6 finish with trailer light test, trailer electrical diagnostics, trailer tire vigour and heat monitoring, upkeep reminders and pre-departure checklist. Many of a in-vehicle Trailering App’s functions, including trailer form origination and trailer light test, are also accessible with a myChevrolet mobile app, a underline that offers preference when a owners is outward of a lorry or trailer.
The 2020 Silverado HD also includes a VIN-specific Trailering Information Label, something no competitors has, that clearly lists a truck’s specific trailering metrics including quell weight, sum automobile weight rating (GVWR), sum sum weight rating (GCWR), max payload, max tongue weight, sum spindle weight rating (GAWR) and fifth circle and gooseneck ratings.
Additional accessible technologies and hardware designed to raise trailering include:
- Auto Park Brake Assist automatically triggers a electronic parking stop to assistance reason a truck’s position and automobile climb when hitching a trailer.
- All-new Park Grade Hold Assist enhances mountain reason by regulating braking bid during all 4 wheels to assistance keep a lorry in place for an extended length of time.
- An extended integrated trailer stop controller works with a trailer form in a Advanced Trailering System to remember a specified trailer’s many new benefit setting.
- An extended Tow/Haul mode stays intent on a subsequent key-on cycle, for adult to 4 hours and includes a sign that a underline is engaged.
- Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control.
- Trailer Sway Control and Proactive Rollover Avoidance.
- Auto Grade Braking and Diesel Exhaust Braking.
- Enhanced Digital Variable Steering Assist boldly optimizes energy steering according to pushing scenarios and enables facilities like highway lift compensation.
New direct-injected 6.6L gas engine delivers some-more torque
A new 6.6L V-8 gas engine elevates a 2020 Silverado HD’s customary opening and capability, now with gasoline approach injection. Built on a cast-iron Small Block for long-term continuance with aluminum heads, it delivers some-more accurate fuel control that enables a aloft focus ratio of 10.8:1 for incomparable energy outlay of 401 hp with clever opening during low rpm where it’s indispensable when pulling divided with a installed bucket box or trailer. It also facilities a fake steel crankshaft, fake powder-metal joining rods and additional high-strength components to yield a sum strength and continuance demanded by HD customers.
The new 6.6L gas engine also facilities a longer cadence than a prior 6.0L V-8 gas engine to assistance it broach some-more than 21 percent incomparable torque: 629 Nm (464 lb-ft). The 6.6L gas engine will be charity with twin alternators to support a electrical needs for trailering, snowplowing and other jobs. The 6.6L gas is interconnected with a 6L90 six-speed involuntary transmission, that facilities a Tow/Haul mode.
New Allison® 10-speed delivery matched with proven Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel
“The 6.6L Duramax diesel and Allison® delivery is a mythological multiple in a HD lorry marketplace with proven continuance and capability that a business expect,” pronounced McQuaid. “For 2020, we finished a multiple even softened and upgraded scarcely any driveline component. As a result, we will broach all 1234 Nm (910 lb-ft) of torque to a belligerent in initial gear.”
Maximum energy and towing capability in new Silverado HD lineup comes from a proven Duramax 6.6L Turbo-Diesel V-8 with 1234 Nm (910 lb-ft) of torque. Its towing capability is increasing adult to 52 percent with driveline improvements including a further of a all-new Allison® 10L1000 10-speed involuntary delivery — a mythological Duramax/Allison® multiple that contributes to a Silverado HD’s 16,102 kilogram (35,500-pound) max towing rating when scrupulously equipped.
A diesel after-run underline privately for use following a perfectionist towing conditions is an additional new record for a Duramax engine. The after-run allows a engine to keep regulating for adult to 15 mins to concede it to cold down regulating a fan and present coolant. If a motorist puts a lorry in park when an after-run conditions is needed, an warning will seem on a motorist information cluster directing them to keep a engine regulating for cold down. Should a patron omit a summary and exit a vehicle, a lorry will restart on a possess around remote start mode for cool-down. At that indicate a patron can travel divided and a lorry will spin itself off when a engine reaches an excusable temperature.
The all-new Allison® 10-speed involuntary delivery sum with softened driveline components is softened during transferring all of a Duramax’s torque to a pavement, permitting some-more torque to be put to a belligerent in revoke gears, enhancing a altogether pushing dynamics and trailering with smoother rigging changes and shorter stairs between them. It also supports intelligent engine braking, that can assistance revoke stop wear. The Duramax/Allison® combination’s customary spindle ratio is lowered to 3.42:1, that reduces engine speed, therefore enhancing refinement.
For business powering other apparatus with their trucks on a pursuit site, an all-new, factory-integrated engine-driven Power Take Off (PTO) is accessible and eliminates a need for an aftermarket unit. Exclusively charity with a Allison® 10-speed delivery on name diesel models, it’s a initial entirely integrated PTO element of a kind in a HD lorry segment, with a PTO’s expostulate rigging operated around sequence to approach engine power. And since it is engine-driven rather than turbine-driven, owners can use a PTO while a automobile is idling. A symbol inside a cab enables a PTO, and a mode selector allows composition of bucket and torque output.
Designers and engineers examined any fact of how heavy-duty business use their trucks and grown a all-new Silverado HD with new, courteous and some-more discerning facilities that make day-to-day work and communication with a lorry easier and some-more convenient.
They even finished certain a outdoor doorway skins were well-spoken for easier business signage application. These sum element a truck’s increasing capability and concede owners to spend some-more time focused on a tasks during hand.
- Relocated engine-block heater. Designers changed a engine-block heater opening to a some-more convenient, outmost plcae on a driver’s side of a truck, integrated into a front bumper, expelling a need for cords unresolved out of a grille or to open a hood for plug-in. The retard heater is customary with diesel models and accessible with a new 6.6L gas engine.
- More-intuitive sleet plow package7. The front finish of a lorry is designed for easy dismissal of a atmosphere dam and movement image for easier and some-more discerning ascent of a plow hardware. The pattern even eliminates a need to cavalcade additional holes in a front bumper. And when a plow blade is removed, a Silverado HD earnings to form by progressing a smooth, integrated coming though manifest hardware.
- Diesel DEF tank/filler enhancements. The Diesel Exhaust Fluid tank is relocated over behind on a Silverado HD’s support and out of steer from a exterior, and a estuary is located subsequent to a fuel filler for some-more accessible filling. An electronic sign readout for a DEF liquid turn is sum to a Driver Infotainment Center of diesel-equipped models.
- Redesigned trailering mirrors with softened fringe lighting. New, incomparable and some-more organic door-mounted trailering mirrors are customary on all 2500HD and 3500HD models. The mirrors extend and redress regulating a four-bar-link element that creates for smoother operation, possibly finished with energy or manually. The aspect area of a mirrors is larger, for a incomparable margin of perspective compared to a stream model, and an accessible energy prolongation underline creates it easier to adjust a perspective from a pushing position. New for 2020 is a forward-facing mark flare on any counterpart that shines light during about a 45-degree angle, providing enlightenment on a pursuit site or stay site. There also are side-view cameras mounted within a counterpart housings, and when equipped, mirror-mounted reservoir lamps and twin rearward-facing mark lamps are also available.
Larger and some-more organic pattern – with particular models
Longer, wider and taller, a 2020 Silverado HD is incomparable in probably any magnitude compared to a stream HD. From a pattern standpoint, a 2020 Silverado HD has a many split from light avocation ever. The roof is a usually common square steel between a twin trucks — any other square is disdainful to HD, and scaled as such.
These measure are framed within a chiseled, complicated extraneous pattern conveyed in 5 particular personalities that offer business a extended operation of choices.
- Work Truck: Distinguished with a unique, black “CHEVROLET” flow-through grille bar. Seventeen-inch wheels are customary on 2500HD and 3500HD with twin behind wheels (DRW); 18-inch wheels are customary on 3500HD with singular behind wheels (SRW).
- Custom: New to a Silverado HD lineup and disdainful on 2500HD, a Custom trim offers customary 20-inch wheels and body-colour trim sum for a some-more contemporary pattern expression.
- LT: Featuring chrome-trimmed straight grille elements and a splendid grille bar with a flow-through “CHEVROLET” name. 2500HD models underline 17-inch aluminum wheels, 3500HD SRW models underline 18-inch aluminum wheels and 3500HD DRW models underline 17-inch steel wheels.
- LTZ: Takes splendid trim to a subsequent level, including a splendid grille approximate with a flow-through “CHEVROLET” bar and chrome-accented grille inserts. It also facilities LED mirror headlamps, LED daytime regulating lamps and LED taillamps. 2500HD and 3500HD SRW models underline customary 18-inch aluminum wheels with 20-inch wheels available. 3500HD DRW has customary 17-inch steel wheels and 17-inch discriminating forged-aluminum wheels are available.
- High Country: The many thespian and fluent trim in a lineup, with a particular fascia featuring a grille with a Chevy bowtie and two-tone lead grille trim, and LED lighting. 2500HD and 3500HD SRW models underline 20-inch discriminating aluminum wheels and a 3500HD DRW facilities 17-inch discriminating forged-aluminum wheels.
In further to a Silverado HD’s incomparable measure and particular trim personalities, 2500 and 3500 SRW models are accessible with active aero shutters for softened potency and a taller, some-more widespread hood line that asserts a trucks’ strength and character. Diesel models also have a larger, some-more distinguished hood scoop, contributing to a some-more clever cooling element for a increasing towing demands.
Inside, a Silverado HD offers a roomier, spacious, work-focused cabin with class-leading front head- and legroom, and scarcely 76 mm (3 inches) of additional rear-leg room in Crew Cab models while charity some-more innovative storage options.
A aloft seating position complements a truck’s taller form to offer a assured perspective from behind a circle with an available, head-up display, something a foe does not offer8. Additional optimized ergonomics stress easy, discerning communication with a vehicle’s technologies, such as a new trailering and infotainment system, and a accessible capability of ancillary SiriusXM’s next-generation user experience, 360L.
The lineup includes 2500HD and 3500HD Regular, Double Cab and Crew Cab models charity with customary length and prolonged bucket boxes, as good as twin framework cab lengths.
DuraBed: The segment’s many organic HD bucket box
The 2020 Silverado HD’s DuraBed builds on a breakthrough bucket box technologies and facilities introduced on a redesigned 2019 Silverado 1500 to offer a segment’s many organic HD bed.
For a initial time on Silverado, a HD bucket boxes are not common with a light-duty models. They are designed privately for a HD with singular dimensions, though still incorporate a multi-piece middle panels (previously a singular panel) pattern and strong, rolled-steel box construction featured on a Silverado 1500.
The multi-piece middle panels concede them to be pushed closer to a box’s outdoor panels in certain areas, expanding a serviceable breadth by 170 mm (6.7 inches) on a customary box, compared to a stream model. The box length is also about 76.2 mm (3 inches) longer on a customary box, fluctuating length, adding volume and additional clearway for longer items. The prolonged box length stays 2.4 meters (8 feet) long. With a additional breadth enabled by a multi-piece middle row construction, a sum bucket box volume expands 14 percent and about 9.5 percent, respectively, on a customary and prolonged boxes. The incomparable volume for a prolonged box — 2,364 L (83.5 cubic feet) — is class-leading.
Standard Box (6’ 9”)
Long Box (8’)
To make loading bucket and hitching fifth-wheel/gooseneck trailers easier, a Silverado HD’s box lift-in tallness has been lowered about an inch, while a altogether tallness of a box side rails is also revoke by about a half-inch, providing additional clearway for fifth wheel/gooseneck trailering.
Additional DuraBed facilities include:
- Twelve bound tie-down rings, with a dilemma rings rated during 227 kg (500 pounds) and a ability to supplement adult to 9 appendage tie downs.
- Available 120-volt energy opening located during a behind of a box (standard and long)
- BedSteps on all box styles, located in front of a behind circle openings, that element integrated CornerSteps in a behind fender that have increasing in size, to urge entrance to a bucket area.
- Exclusive, accessible Power Up/Down Tailgate that raises or lowers regulating a pivotal fob, interior symbol or touchpad on a tailgate.
The all-new 2020 Silverado HD goes on sale after this summer. Pricing will be expelled closer to on-sale date. More information can be found at: http://www.chevrolet.ca/2020-silverado-hd-heavy-duty-truck.html
ABOUT CHEVROLET IN CANADA
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is one of a world’s largest automobile brands, doing business in some-more than 100 countries and offered some-more than 4.0 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides business with fuel-efficient vehicles that underline enchanting performance, pattern that creates a heart beat, pacifist and active reserve facilities and easy-to-use technology, all during a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found during www.chevrolet.ca, on Facebook during http://www.facebook.com/chevroletcanada or by following @ChevroletCanada on Instagram and Twitter.
# # #