Ford’s industry-first TracKey, that allows Mustang Boss 302 owners to select between travel or lane powertrain calibrations by simply selecting a key, is now accessible for squeeze during Ford dealers nationwide, Ford announced currently during a SEMA Show.
- Ford announces during SEMA a highly-anticipated TracKey goes on sale Nov. 1, 2011.
- TracKey, accessible for 2012 Mustang Boss 302 and Laguna Seca owners by Ford and Lincoln dealers, adds powertrain control program to a automobile for lane use, providing full competition calibration and launch control in further to a batch calibration, though compromising bureau warranty
- TracKey aftermarket calibration is 50-state emissions legal.
- The industry-first TracKey program is commissioned after a automobile is purchased; accessed by a specifically automatic automobile key, new formula coexists with batch Boss software, permitting drivers to select between travel or lane use simply by selecting a key
- No permanent modifications are done when TracKey is used, permitting owners to lapse to a batch environment by starting a automobile with a unchanging key
You reason dual keys: One has a black Boss logo, a other red: Either will start your 2012 Mustang Boss 302. Slide a all-black pivotal into a close cylinder, give it a turn and you’re treated to 444 ponies value of smooth, streetable pushing joy. Or select red – a TracKey – and we have a track-ready car.
Click here to download associated images.
LAS VEGAS, Nev., Nov. 1, 2011 – Ford’s industry-first TracKey, that allows Mustang Boss 302 owners to select between travel or lane powertrain calibrations by simply selecting a key, is now accessible for squeeze during Ford dealers nationwide, Ford announced currently during a SEMA Show.
Developed by a group of Ford engineers, TracKey is an aftermarket high opening calibration – emissions-legal in all 50 states – that adds a second set of powertrain control procedure (PCM) program to a customer’s Mustang Boss 302 or Laguna Seca, activated by a specifically automatic automobile key. When invoked by TracKey, a new program alters some-more than 600 engine government parameters, augmenting low-end torque and branch a manly though attractive batch Boss into track-ready car. Remove TracKey and start a Boss with a customary key, and all bureau engine settings are easy for a gentle expostulate home from a course.