Fresh Face: Chevrolet Introduces Restyled 2016 Equinox
Premium cues, new reserve facilities raise Chevy’s compress SUV
TORONTO (Thursday, Feb 12, 2015) – Chevrolet currently introduced a 2016 Equinox – a contemporized chronicle of a renouned compress SUV. Updates embody new styling with reward accents, new circle designs and new accessible reserve features, as good as a colour touchscreen radio and a customary rear-vision camera for entry-level models.
The extended Equinox goes on sale this fall, strengthening Chevrolet’s extended competition application lineup, that includes a Traverse, a Trax tiny SUV and a redesigned 2015 Tahoe and Suburban full-size SUVs.
“The Ontario-built Chevrolet Equinox is one of North America’s favourite compress SUVs, interjection to value secure in good style, efficiency, reserve and connectivity,” pronounced Bob McClelland, code director, Chevrolet in Canada. “The 2016 Equinox has been updated to broach a contemporary new demeanour and new technologies to build on a superb flexibility and efficiency.”
The register of new and updated facilities accessible on a 2016 Equinox includes:
- New trim lineup: LS, LT and LTZ, a streamlining of a indication lineup that eliminates a 1LT and 2LT trims.
- New front fascia and chrome-accented dual-port grille pattern – including specific chrome trim on LT and LTZ grilles
- New, reward projector-beam headlamps on all models helps make a Equinox some-more manifest during night
- New daytime using lamps on LT and LTZ, with reflector-style lamps on L and LS, and light-emitting diode, (LED) lamps on LT and LTZ that emanate a distinctive, upscale lighting signature
- New haze lamps on LTZ
- New, Chevy-signature dual-element taillamps, revised permit image applique and revised reduce back fascia on all models, with chrome trim on LTZ reduce fascia
- New 17-inch aluminum wheels on LT and new 18-inch aluminum wheels on LTZ
- New chrome empty outlets on V-6 models
- Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert reserve facilities on LT and LTZ
- Standard seven-inch-diagonal Colour Touch radio (including Bluetooth phone connectivity) and rear-vision camera on bottom models
- Revised instrument row “centre stack” with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
- New, chrome-trimmed delivery shifter with Electronic Range Selector mode buttons relocated to a tip of a shifter handle
- Enhanced interior fabrics in L and LS designed for a reward demeanour and feel
- New Saddle Up interior colour
- New concept inscription holders accessible by dealers from Chevrolet Accessories. They mountain on a back of a front seats to yield accessible entrance for rear-seat passengers.
“The new face of a Equinox is highlighted by a some-more fluent execution of chrome accents and reward lighting,” pronounced John Cafaro, executive executive of design, tellurian Chevrolet cars. “The outcome is a complicated extraneous that’s matched inside with reward facilities on all trim levels, complementing a Equinox’s extended record and functionality.”
A compress SUV with large features
The 2016 Equinox seats five, with all-wheel expostulate offering on LS, LT and LTZ models. Its ample interior – with a GM-exclusive MultiFlex shifting back chair – offers 889 litres (31.4 cubic feet) of load space behind a back chair and 1,803 litres (63.7 cubic feet) with a back chair folded.
The customary Ecotec 2.4L direct-injected engine is approaching to broach a fuel expenditure rating of 7.3 L/100km highway (FWD models). A direct-injected 3.6L V-6 is accessible with LT and LTZ models and delivers best-in-class 301 horsepower (225 kW) and 272 lb-ft of torque (369 Nm). The V-6 engine also enables a trailering ability of adult to 1,588 kg (3,500 pounds) – capability unmatched by four-cylinder-only competitors.
Chevrolet MyLink is customary on LT and LTZ models, while OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity and built-in Wi-Fi stew is offering on all trim levels. Equinox was a initial in a shred to offer 4G LTE and it provides a mobile heart for drivers and passengers to stay connected. The hotspot is on whenever a automobile is on and comes with a three-month/3GB information hearing (whichever comes first).
In further to accessible Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert reserve features, Equinox also offers Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning as partial of extensive reserve packages.
Equinox quick facts
- Chevrolet’s second-best offered automobile in North America, after Silverado
- First era debuted as a 2004 model
- Second era introduced as a 2010 model
- Second era sales in a U.S. and Canada totaled some-more than 1 million by a finish of 2014
- More than 1.4 million Equinox vehicles of both generations are on a road.
The Chevrolet Equinox will be built during GM’s CAMI Assembly Plant in Ingersoll, ON, a Oshawa, ON, Assembly Plant and a Spring Hill, TN, Manufacturing Plant.
About Chevrolet in Canada
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of a world’s largest automobile brands, doing business in some-more than 140 countries and offered some-more than 4.8 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides business with fuel-efficient vehicles that underline energetic performance, fluent pattern and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found during www.chevrolet.ca, on Facebook during http://www.facebook.com/chevroletcanada or by following @ChevroletCanada on Twitter.