October 7, 2019
, Windsor, Ontario
Ram Truck currently announced EnerGuide fuel economy ratings for a 2020 Ram 1500 powered by a new 3.0-litre V-6 EcoDiesel engine.
Ram’s half-ton EcoDiesel will be rated during 7.3 L/100 km (39 mpg) highway, 10.5 L/100 km (27 mpg) city for 4×2 models; 8.0 L/100 km (35 mpg) highway, 11.1 L/100 km (25 mpg) city for 4×4 models.
Ram 1500’s unrivalled 8.0 L/100 km (35 mpg) highway fuel economy rating for 4×4 models is poignant in that 4×4 models paint some-more than 95 per cent of a Canadian full-size lorry mix.
The Ram 1500’s all-new 3.0-litre V-6 EcoDiesel leads a half-ton pickup lorry shred in torque with 480 lb.-ft. and diesel towing capability of 5,697 kg (12,560 lbs.).
The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel also leads all trucks in fuel range. Paired with an accessible 125-litre fuel tank, Ram’s pushing operation exceeds 1,600 kilometres.
“The Ram 1500 EcoDiesel offers a best torque and towing among all half-ton diesel trucks,” pronounced Reid Bigland, Head of Ram Brand. “Now with a 10-year lane record, a Ram code has emerged as a lorry powertrain record leader. The all-new EcoDiesel engine and Ram 1500 eTorque mild-hybrid powertrains broach glorious fuel potency alternatives for a Ram 1500 customers.”
The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is accessible opposite all models and configurations, including a first-time charity in a Ram Rebel.
The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) starts during $49,395 for a Tradesman Quad Cab 2WD, and $1,895 destination. The EcoDiesel is a $5,800 choice over a customary 3.6-litre Pentastar VVT V-6 eTorque engine on Tradesman and Big Horn and a $3,900 over a customary 5.7-litre HEMI® V-8 (Sport, Rebel, Laramie, Longhorn, Limited).
All-new EcoDiesel engine
The third era of a turbocharged EcoDiesel V-6 delivers increasing torque and horsepower, along with glorious fuel economy and minimal levels of noise, quivering and rudeness (NVH) to accommodate a needs of Ram 1500 owners.
In a 2020 Ram 1500, a 3.0-litre EcoDiesel V-6 is rated during a best-in-class 480 lb.-ft. of torque during 1,600 rpm, a 14 per cent boost from a previous-generation EcoDiesel V-6 that peaks 400 rpm earlier. Horsepower increases 8 per cent to 260 hp during 3,600 rpm.
Several poignant changes minister to a new EcoDiesel’s softened energetic and fuel economy performance:
- A new-generation water-cooled turbocharger with non-static geometry is some-more fit and provides softened response as engine rpms arise and fall
- Redesigned intake ports to urge engine opening and fuel economy
- Introduction of a dual, high-pressure and low-pressure empty gas recirculation (EGR) system, a initial for a diesel engine in North America. The EcoDiesel’s existent high-pressure EGR, with cooling empty gases drawn from a empty manifold, is protracted with a low-pressure EGR complement that draws empty gases after they exit a diesel particulate filter. The further of cooler, low-pressure empty gas creates a poignant grant to softened fuel economy and revoke oxides of nitrogen (NOx)
- The application ratio is altered to 16.0:1, from 16.5:1, that helps revoke empty emissions, quite NOx
- Redesigned high-pressure (29,000 psi/2,000 bar) direct-injection fuel injector nozzles
- Combustion cover geometry optimized to urge fuel economy
- Redesigned aluminum-alloy pistons urge fuel economy. The redesigned pistons use thinner piston rings and cloaking on a side skits to revoke friction
- The piston pin is equivalent 0.3 degrees from a centerline to revoke “piston slap” opposite a cylinder wall, minimizing NVH
- The revoke apportionment of a two-piece oil sump uses a sandwiched polymer/metal element to revoke NVH
- The Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) complement is 50 per cent incomparable and incorporates a new-generation diesel burning matter with a Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) complement to revoke NOx
- New-generation stop complement opening siphon with low-friction blades contributes to softened fuel economy
These upgrades build on a EcoDiesel V-6’s attributes and opening that done it a leader of Wards 10 Best Engines endowment for 3 uninterrupted years.
The 3.0-litre EcoDiesel V-6 uses twin beyond camshafts (DOHC) with 4 valves per cylinder and a 60-degree angle between a cylinder banks. The retard is expel with compressed graphite iron, that provides strength to moderate vibrations though weighs reduction than grey expel iron. A compressed graphite iron bedplate adds acerbity to a block.
The EcoDiesel V-6 uses a fake steel crankshaft and joining rods for strength and durability. The aluminum amalgamate pistons are cooled on a underside around oil jets. Heat-treated aluminum cylinder heads use particular temperament caps to revoke attrition and minimize NVH. The chain-driven beyond camshafts occupy roller-finger followers.
The 3.0-litre EcoDiesel V-6 is constructed during a FCA Cento trickery in Ferrara, Italy.
The 2020 Ram 1500 is a no-compromise benchmark for durability, technology, potency and preference with comforts never-before offering in a pickup. The Ram 1500 comforts adult to 5,783 kg (12,750 lbs.) of towing capability (5.7-litre HEMI V-8) and 1,043 kg (2,300 lbs.) of payload. Ram’s eTorque amiable hybrid complement delivers softened fuel potency in both V-6 (standard) and V-8 configurations. As a shred disrupter, a new Uconnect 4C with a large 12-inch touchscreen leads a pickup universe in technology, featuring split-screen capability, 360-degree camera views and disdainful calm from SiriusXM with 360L. Active reserve and confidence systems embody adaptive journey control, Forward Collision Warning, Blind-spot Monitoring and Ready Alert Braking. Class-leading float and doing is achieved around a class-exclusive link-coil back cessation complement with discretionary Active-level four-corner atmosphere suspension. The 2020 Ram 1500 also comforts twice a interior storage ability contra a competition.
Unsurpassed powertrain guaranty – 5 years/100,000 kilometres
The 2020 Ram 1500 is corroborated with a five-year /100,000 kilometre Powertrain Limited Warranty. The powertrain-limited guaranty covers a cost of all tools and work indispensable to correct a lonesome powertrain member – engine, delivery and expostulate system.
The customary three-year / 60,000-Kilometre Basic Limited Warranty provides bumper-to-bumper coverage for a Ram 1500, from a physique to a electrical system.
The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is built during a Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA
About FCA Canada
Founded as a Chrysler Corporation in 1925, FCA Canada Inc. is formed in Windsor, Ontario, and celebrates a 94th anniversary in 2019. FCA Canada is a unconditionally owned auxiliary of FCA US LLC, a North American automaker formed in Auburn Hills, Michigan and member of a Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA Canada has approximately 440 dealers and sells Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo brands, as good as a SRT opening designation. The association also distributes Mopar and Alfa Romeo tools and accessories. In further to a public facilities, that furnish a Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and Dodge Grand Caravan (Windsor), Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger (Brampton), FCA Canada operates an aluminum casting plant in Etobicoke, a investigate and growth centre in Windsor, and has sales offices and tools placement centers via a country.