GMC Introduces a Bolder 2020 Acadia
New styling, thrust choice and in-cabin technologies offer business some-more
OSHAWA (Tuesday, Feb 19, 2019) — Smarter technologies in a 2020 GMC Acadia, including a new accessible turbo engine and a latest GMC infotainment system1, along with a uninformed look, offer larger flexibility for business on a go. The lineup includes SLE, SLT, an all-new AT4 trim and GMC’s flagship Denali, with accessible seating arrangements for five, 6 or 7 passengers, depending on a model.
“The 2020 Acadia is stylish, organic and able with some-more of a intelligent preference and connectivity facilities that business rest on each day,” pronounced Duncan Aldred, clamp boss of Global GMC. “And with GMC’s signature value during a core, a new Acadia advances a brand’s joining to charity reward vehicles for perceptive crossover customers.”
Design and record enhancements on a new Acadia include:
- Bolder extraneous pattern with customary LED lighting and signature GMC C-shape lighting, complemented with interior refinements.
- Introduction of a first-ever Acadia AT4 with some-more assertive extraneous styling and darkened finishes.
- New accessible 2.0L turbocharged engine that uses an innovative tripower valvetrain and dual-scroll turbocharging technologies to assistance optimize opening and potency in all pushing conditions.
- New nine-speed involuntary smoothness developed to yield a larger change of opening and efficiency, along with extended refinement.
- New Electronic Precision Shift that replaces a required shifter with an electronic control that frees adult interior room, including a some-more versatile centre console with larger storage space.
- Enhanced GMC infotainment system that is some-more intelligent and intuitive, charity new facilities designed to assistance urge a user knowledge and offer some-more personalization.
- New Head-up Display (late availability).
“With technological enhancements during your fingertips and underneath a hood, a 2020 Acadia is an intelligent crossover that elevates a pushing and newcomer practice on all fronts,” pronounced Aldred. “That creates it a intelligent choice all around.”
Design and refinement
At a glance, a ’20 Acadia distinguishes itself with a new grille, new front and back fascias and GMC’s signature C-shaped lighting.
An all-new Acadia AT4 expands a strech of GMC’s newest sub-brand. Its confidant styling cues, including a black chrome-accented grille, supplement a rugged, off-road-inspired pattern to a Acadia range. A 3.6L V-6 engine producing 310 hp and 367 Nm (271 lb-ft) of torque and a twin purchase AWD complement are customary to a AT4. Unique 17-inch wheels and all-terrain tires are also standard, with 20-inch wheels available.
Additional pattern and value enhancements for a 2020 Acadia include:
- New 18- and 20-inch circle designs depending on a trim.
- Outside mirrors with integrated LED spin signals (power-folding underline customary on Denali and accessible on SLT trim).
- Hands-free energy liftgate with GMC trademark projection customary on SLT, AT4 and Denali.
- Redesigned centre console with extended storage space.
- Unique Denali interior colour intrigue with new, open-pore timber decor.
A new 2.0L Turbo engine expands a Acadia’s thrust choice for business and adds a new dimension to a performance.
It leverages GM’s innovative tripower valvetrain record to change valve lift opposite a rpm band, optimizing opening for sundry pushing demands:
- High valve lift for limit power.
- Low valve lift for a larger change of energy and efficiency.
- Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) disables dual of a cylinders in light bucket conditions to optimize efficiency.
The tripower valvetrain complements a turbocharging complement to make a many of a engine’s accessible energy during all speeds. The turbo is a dual-scroll pattern grown to raise low-speed torque delivery. Peak torque is accessible from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm, for an well-developed feeling of responsiveness.
The engine is rated during a GMC-estimated 230 horsepower (172 kW) and 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque.
Both a proven 2.5L I-4 and a 3.6L V-6 engines sojourn customary or discretionary apparatus for a 2020 Acadia contingent on trim turn selected. All engine offerings underline a stop/start deactivation switch.
A new nine-speed involuntary replaces a prior six-speed involuntary as a customary smoothness for a 2.0L, 2.5L and 3.6L engines offering in a 2020 Acadia. The nine-speed’s additional clutches and gears offer softened optimized acceleration and efficiency, and engine sound is reduced during cruising for larger refinement.
The 2020 Acadia is a latest GMC with Electronic Precision Shift, that enables some-more storage room in a centre console by replacing a required smoothness shifter with an electronically tranquil rigging preference consisting of discerning lift buttons and lift triggers.
New GMC infotainment complement and additional technologies
As connectivity continues to grow in significance for crossover customers, a 2020 Acadia delivers a latest GMC infotainment complement that is some-more intelligent and some-more intuitive. It offers users softened voice recognition, a aloft fortitude touchscreen and a simplified interface that requires fewer stairs for some tasks, along with easier shade layouts desirous by a latest smartphone technology.
This some-more user-friendly system, with an 8-inch-diagonal screen, also incorporates several new and extended features:
- Personal profile allows users to tailor a infotainment complement to their preferences, including audio, accessible navigation (requires subscription to concordant Connected Services) and meridian settings, and even send those preferences to another GM car with a concordant infotainment system. Up to 4 profiles are saved to a car and they can be reserved to a Acadia’s pivotal fobs, automatically resetting a preferences for a incoming driver.
- All-new Navigation2 interface with “one shot” end entrance feature, softened Route Guidance functionality and personalized settings.
- Connected Navigation3 offers real-time updates, as good as Predictive Navigation and additional information supposing by a cloud database. (Feature requires a Connected Navigation hearing or subscription and connectivity.)
- USB-C ports. Two new USB-C charging ports are integrated in a front and back of a centre console. That brings a series of ports in a Acadia to five, including a USB-A charging pier for a third-row seating area.
Additional new and extended technologies on a 2020 Acadia include:
- Next-generation, 15-watt wireless charging (available).
- High Definition Rear Vision Camera4 upgraded to digital (standard on SLT, AT4 or Denali and accessible on SLE).
- New Rear Camera Mirror4 accessible on Denali.
- eBoost stop complement customary on models with a new 2.0L Turbo engine
- Suspension refinements that raise float and handling.
The 2020 GMC Acadia goes on sale this fall.
About GMC in Canada
GMC has made trucks given 1902, with creation and engineering value built into all GMC vehicles. The code is elaborating to offer some-more fuel-efficient trucks and crossovers, including a Terrain tiny SUV and Acadia crossover. GMC’s highest-volume vehicle, a Sierra pickup, is a many absolute light-duty pickup on a market, and a initial full-size pickup to accept a highest-possible five-star Overall Vehicle Score for reserve given a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration altered a New Car Assessment Program for a 2011 indication year. Details on all GMC models are accessible during http://www.gmccanada.ca, on Twitter during @GMCCanada, on Instagram during @gmccanada or during http://www.facebook.com/gmccanada.
1GMC Infotainment System functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires concordant Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.
2Map coverage accessible in a U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada.
3Connected Navigation and Real-time Points of Interest (POI) usually accessible on scrupulously versed vehicles. Requires paid devise or trial. Map coverage accessible in a U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada. See onstar.ca for sum and limitations.
4Safety or motorist assistance facilities are no surrogate for a driver’s shortcoming to work a car in a protected manner. The motorist should sojourn courteous to traffic, vicinity and highway conditions during all times. Visibility, weather, and highway conditions might impact underline performance. Read a vehicle’s owner’s primer for some-more critical underline stipulations and information.
# # #