A Futuristic and Distinctive Compact
2012 Civic EX-L Sedan
2012 Civic Si Coupe
2012 Civic Hybrid
The all-new 2012 Honda Civic represents a ninth era of one of a company’s many renouned and globally famous products. Having warranted a repute for being a fun-to-drive compress that is concurrently fuel efficient, sporty, stylish and durable, a Civic has turn a dear and relied-upon member of a worldwide travel family. Cumulatively, a Civic has reached 8.8 million business in a United States by 2010 given a launch as a 1973 model.
Each era of Civic has softened with a specific growth thesis in mind. The 2012 Civic embraces a elemental judgment of a unconventional and particular compact, a instruction that introduces new values that strech forward of present-day needs and elevates a knowledge that Civic represents. Major strides embody improvements to excellence throughout, increasing fuel economy on all models, a offer serve of interactive technologies for personalization and convenience, along with enhancements to performance, float and interior packaging.
- Six totally redesigned models, including a Civic Si Coupe and Sedan; well-equipped and technologically modernized Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe; and a rarely fuel-efficient Civic HF, Civic Hybrid and Civic Natural Gas
- Advanced reserve systems embody a Honda-exclusive Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) physique structure for frontal collision appetite government and vehicle-to-vehicle pile-up compatibility, and a prolonged list of customary reserve apparatus including side shade airbags, driver’s and front passenger’s side airbags, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and anti-lock braking
- Streamlined, fluent mono-form extraneous styling with clean, issuing lines
- Roomier interior delivers some-more impression and preference than any other car in segment
- New permitted record comforts including intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID), USB Audio Interface, Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, and a Satellite-Linked Navigation System with voice approval and FM Traffic
- New powertrain technologies embody a re-engineered 1.8-liter I-4 engine with extended fuel economy, a incomparable and some-more absolute 2.4-liter I-4 Si powerplant and a new Civic Hybrid powertrain that delivers aloft altogether opening and softened fuel economy
Civic business camber a whole open spectrum of automotive drivers. They are high propagandize graduates and college students usually commencement their adult lives; they are families with immature children; they are schoolteachers, soccer relatives and professionals, environmentalists and opening enthusiasts; and they are Generation Y, baby boomers and retirees. And they live in Snow Belt states, Sunbelt states, in a Midwest and in Hawaii and Alaska. But regardless of their demographic and psychographic makeup, Honda Civic business are tied together by one thing they are immature during heart. Because during a finish of a day, over a innumerable attributes (including safety, economy, durability, comfort and style), a Civic is fun to drive.
2012 Civic Model Lineup
The automotive landscape has fast grown in a final decade with increasing seductiveness in fuel economy, low emissions and altogether affordability. All of these traits are among a Civic’s strongest advantages. The new 2012 Civic lineup offer embraces these concepts with 6 opposite variants that camber from ultra fit to high performance, with specific models designed to softened accommodate particular needs and preferences. For 2012, a rarely affordable and rarely fit Civic HF has been total to a lineup. The aero-enhanced Civic HF achieves an estimated* highway fuel economy rating of 41 miles per gallon, twin some-more mpg than a unchanging Civic Sedan, and a tip highway fuel economy rating in America for any gasoline-only compress sedan versed with an involuntary transmission.
* Fuel economy values energetic from manufacturer exam results. Official 2012 EPA mileage estimates not permitted during time of publication. Mileage sum shown for comparison functions only. Actual mileage might vary.
The 2012 Civic indication lineup is comprised of:
- Civic Sedan (Civic DX, Civic LX, Civic EX and Civic EX-L)
- Civic Coupe (Civic DX, Civic LX, Civic EX and Civic EX-L)
- High-efficiency and value-oriented Civic HF (new)
- High-performance Civic Si Sedan and Civic Si Coupe
- Ultra-efficient Civic Hybrid (with new Lithium-Ion batteries)
- Ultra-clean Civic Natural Gas, formerly famous as Civic GX (available during competent dealers nationwide)
The Foundation of Civic
Beneath a aerodynamic skin of any 2012 Civic is Honda’s joining to a foundational pillars of safety, fun-to-drive performance, style, comfort, convenience, durability, peculiarity and refinement. The finish outcome is a car that’s not usually a intelligent preference when new, though can also yield long-term fun of tenure singular to this category of vehicle.
Safety Advanced reserve systems embody Honda-exclusive Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) physique structure for frontal collision appetite government and vehicle-to-vehicle pile-up compatibility, and a prolonged list of customary reserve apparatus including two-row side shade airbags, dual-stage, multiple-threshold driver’s and front passenger’s airbags, driver’s and front passenger’s side airbags, Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), an anti-lock braking complement (ABS) with Brake Assist, and a new Motion Adaptive Electric Power Steering complement that helps a motorist expostulate in a ideal instruction to lessen oversteer or understeer situations. Internal pile-up exam information* indicates that a new Civic should grasp tip outlines in both a sovereign government’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program** and a eccentric Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) nomination as a TOP SAFETY PICK.
Fun to Drive Every Civic indication is designed to be fun to drive, with a MacPherson strut front suspension, a multi-link behind suspension, and front and behind stabilizer bars. Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS) improves steering response during low speeds while rewarding a motorist with superb feel during aloft speeds. In addition, with EPS there is no parasitic appetite detriment to a engine as is common with a normal hydraulically increasing steering complement that advantages both appetite outlay and fuel economy. Standard 15-inch hole wheels with all-season tires, 16-inch wheels on Civic EX and Civic EX-L models, and 17-inch wheels on Civic Si models (with performance-oriented summer tires available) yield a gratifying mix of float comfort and all-weather grip. The Civic Si Sedan and Civic Si Coupe offer raise a pushing fun with a new, incomparable banishment (201 horsepower) engine and specifically tuned suspension.
Distinctive, Aerodynamic Styling As a new interpretation of a stream Civic’s iconic “one-motion” mono-form shape, a 2012 Civic is designed to communicate an even some-more substantial, high-energy appearance. The extraneous styling of both Civic Sedan and Coupe models showcases a clean-yet-powerful physique lines with sleekly pointed windshields, far-reaching stances and conspicuous impression lines along a profile. The demeanour of a Civic Coupe conveys an assertive opinion with a some-more bony front fascia, filigree grille and a slim behind roofline that flows uniformly into a trunk. Hidden aerodynamic comforts such as flat-bottom unit-body construction, precisely placed aero strakes, and other comforts work together to assistance a Civic grasp glorious fuel-economy.
Comfort, Convenience and Personalization Crisp, intelligent and motorist focused, a new Civic’s 5-passenger interior is a clever mix of form and function, with an modernized instrument blueprint that is singular in a class. A intelligent interface proceed divides a interior into opposite areas, with pivotal instrument displays located above a steering wheel. Secondary information is located revoke in a area, while a third area to a driver’s right groups controls that are not essential to driving. New for 2012, a intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID) on all models (except Civic DX) provides a 5-inch tone guard for a arrangement of car information and audio information including manuscript pattern (if available). Along with customizable car settings, a i-MID includes a ability to upload personal wallpaper backgrounds. The Civic can be offer personalized for pushing with Eco Assist on all models (except Civic Si), a initial time this underline has been enclosed on any non-hybrid Honda indication in America. The performance-oriented Civic Si exclusively comforts a new Sequential Rev-limit Indicator and a Power Monitor shade that can be displayed on a new i-MID.
Durability, Quality and Reliability For many business a Durability, Quality and Reliability (DQR) of a Honda Civic is what keeps them returning year after year. These glorious qualities and a resale or trade-in value they provoke for a Civic turn a absolute squeeze incentive. Virtually any vital investigate of car residual value has shown that a Civic typically has one of a tip residual values in a industry. As an finish result, a high residual or resale value creates a Civic’s loyal cost of tenure rebate than many lower-priced competitors.
New Technology and Features
For 2012, a new Civic introduces a horde of new technologies that allege fuel efficiency, comfort and convenience, and safety. Some of a pivotal comforts include:
Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS)
Intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID) (all solely Civic DX models)
Eco Assist motorist feedback complement (all solely Si models)
Next-generation Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control and Brake Assist
(previously disdainful to Civic EX-L, Hybrid and Si)
Civic Si Sedan and Civic Si Coupe
New, incomparable 2.4-liter engine
Sequential Rev-limit Indicator
New, Larger 1.5-liter engine (previously 1.3 liters)
Lithium-Ion battery complement (previously nickel-metal hydride system)
Civic Natural Gas
Now permitted to subordinate dealers on a inhabitant basement (compared to 4 states for prior model)
Official name now includes a difference Natural Gas
A new, high value, extended fuel economy several with comforts identical to Civic LX Sedan
Honda has prolonged been famous for a world-class engine record and a continual routine of creation and improvement. At a core of Honda’s powertrain engineering is a ongoing office of incomparable performance, extended fuel economy and low emissions. The 2012 Civic indication operation embodies Honda’s ongoing bid to offer a far-reaching operation of powertrain choices including gasoline, hybrid and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) that offer singular solutions for opposite buyers.
An modernized 140-horsepower, 1.8-liter i-VTEC engine is customary in a Civic Sedan, Civic Coupe and Civic HF, with a choice of a 5-speed primer or 5-speed involuntary delivery (automatic usually for Civic EX-L Coupe, Civic EX and EX-L Sedans, and Civic HF). A several of a same 1.8-liter engine develops 110 horsepower in a dense healthy gas (CNG) powered Civic Natural Gas, that comes customary with a 5-speed involuntary transmission. The performance-oriented Si indication has a 201-horsepower, 2.4-liter i-VTEC engine, matched with a close-ratio 6-speed primer transmission. And finally, a Civic Hybrid is powered by an ultra-efficient 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine with Integrated Motor Assist producing 110-horsepower. This is joined to a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT).
Civic Sedan, Civic Coupe, Civic HF and Civic Natural Gas Powertrain
The Civic Sedan, Civic Coupe, Civic HF and Civic Natural Gas advantage from an updated and polished chronicle of a 1.8-liter I-4 engine that powered a prior era Civic. The new engine has endless changes that revoke friction, urge emissions opening and boost fuel economy.
The engine is a Single Overhead Cam (SOHC) 1.8-liter inline 4-cylinder pattern with 16 valves, i-VTEC, and a dual-stage intake manifold. In a Civic Sedan, Civic Coupe and Civic HF, a engine produces 140 horsepower during 6300 rpm, and 128 lb-ft. of torque during 4300 rpm. In a Civic Sedan and Coupe, a 1.8-liter engine has an estimated* EPA city/highway fuel economy rating of 28/39 miles per gallon when versed with involuntary transmission.
* Based on 2012 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison functions only. Do not review to models before 2008. Your tangible mileage will change depending on how we expostulate and say your vehicle.
This same powertrain in a Civic HF achieves a aloft estimated* city/highway fuel economy rating of 29/41 miles per gallon with a customary 5-speed involuntary transmission, essentially due to reductions in aerodynamic drag and rolling resistance. With a chronicle of a same 1.8-liter engine, a Civic Natural Gas powertrain develops 110 horsepower and 106 lb-ft of torque. The Civic Natural Gas has an estimated* city/highway fuel economy of 27/38 miles per gallon.
* Fuel economy values energetic from manufacturer exam results. Official 2012 EPA mileage estimates not permitted during time of publication. Mileage sum shown for comparison functions only. Actual mileage might vary.
Civic Powertrain during a Glance
- 1.8-liter inline 4-cylinder engine
- i-VTEC intelligent valve control complement
- High-rigidity aluminum retard with low attrition inner components
- Composite dual-stage intake manifold
- ECON mode
Maintenance Minder and Tune-Up Intervals
Fuel Economy and Emissions
- 28/39/32 mpg estimated EPA city/highway/combined fuel economy (Civic Sedan, Civic Coupe with involuntary transmission)
- 29/41/33 mpg estimated EPA city/highway/combined fuel economy Civic HF with involuntary transmission)
- 28/36/31 estimated EPA city/highway/combined fuel economy (Civic Sedan DX/LX, Civic Coupe DX/LX/EX with primer transmission)
- 27/38/31 mpg estimated EPA city/highway/combined fuel economy (Civic Natural Gas with involuntary transmission)
- Ultra-Low Emissions Vehicle (ULEV-2) (Civic Sedan, Civic Coupe, Civic HF)
- Partial-Zero Emissions Vehicle (PZEV) (Civic Sedan, Civic Coupe, Civic HF in CARB states)
- Advanced Technology Partial-Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV) (Civic Natural Gas, Civic Hybrid in CARB states)
- 5-speed primer delivery (standard in DX and LX Sedan, DX LX and EX Coupe)
- 5-speed involuntary delivery (available on Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe; customary on Civic HF, Civic Natural Gas, Civic EX Sedan, EX-L Sedan, Civic EX-L Coupe)
Civic Si Powertrain
The 2012 Civic Si is powered by a new 2.4-liter inline 4-cylinder engine that is a largest and many absolute of any Civic introduced in a United States. The twin beyond cam (DOHC) engine is an all-aluminum pattern that uses 4 valves per cylinder (16 valves total), a high-performance chronicle of a i-VTEC complement and a specifically tuned high-volume intake manifold. The Civic Si produces 201 horsepower adult 4 horsepower from a 2.0-liter engine it replaces. The i-VTEC “intelligent” valve-control system, new friction-reducing technologies and endless weight control measures helps a Civic Si broach refreshing acceleration, softened fuel economy and low empty emissions.
The new incomparable banishment engine in a Civic Si delivers rise appetite during a some-more permitted 7000 rpm compared to a prior Si engine’s 7800 rpm appetite peak. The engine’s increasing banishment formula in a estimable 22-percent boost in rise torque. The new 170 lb-ft rating occurs during usually 4400 rpm, 1700 rpm revoke than a prior engine’s 139 lb-ft during 6100 rpm. Even with a boost in displacement, horsepower and torque, a 2012 Civic Si has an estimated EPA city rating of 22 mpg (up 1 mpg compared to a 2011 Civic Si) and increases highway fuel economy with a rating of 31 mpg (up 2 mpg compared to a 2011 Civic Si). In addition, a Civic Si engine meets despotic Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV-2) emissions standards.
The Civic Si is permitted exclusively with a 6-speed primer delivery with a short-throw shifter. Designed to be compress and lightweight, a 6-speed has also been engineered to yield discerning and accurate change action. The Civic Si also includes a squeeze with a torsion resource that enhances excellence in terms of rendezvous and feel.
Civic Si Powertrain during a Glance
- 2.4-liter inline 4-cylinder engine
- Aluminum cylinder retard with cast-in iron liners for light weight and durability
- 16-valve DOHC i-VTEC “intelligent” valve-control system
- High-flow, low backpressure empty complement with sporty sound
- Maintenance Minder system
- 22/31/25 EPA-estimated city/highway/combined fuel economy (6MT)
- Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV-2) emissions
- 6-speed primer transmission
- Helical-type limited-slip differential
Civic Hybrid Powertrain
The newest-generation Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) complement propitious to a Civic Hybrid uses a gasoline engine as a primary source of appetite while an electric engine provides additional appetite and electricity metamorphosis capability. The new IMA complement consists of a incomparable 1.5-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine connected to a larger, some-more absolute electric engine and a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). A new Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery container is used to constraint and store electricity for a upgraded 23-horsepower electric motor. The new Lithium-Ion battery is some-more powerful, lighter and some-more compress than a nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) battery it replaces.
Together, a gasoline engine and electric engine group to furnish 110 horsepower during 5500 rpm and 127 lb-ft of torque during 1000-3500 rpm. Compared to a prior era Civic Hybrid, a new Civic Hybrid has a same rise horsepower, though achieves it during 500 fewer rpm. The new Hybrid has gained 4 lb-ft of torque, and it is widespread over a wider rpm operation (between 1000 rpm to 3500 rpm) for softened opening during normal city driving.
During acceleration, a engine or a engine and electric engine propel a vehicle. During postulated cruising, a gasoline engine and/or a electric engine can away propel a vehicle. During braking, a gasoline engine deactivates and a electric engine acts as generator to feed a Li-Ion battery pack. When a car is during a stop, a engine can enter an idle-stop mode to preserve fuel and revoke emissions and a engine stays off until a stop pedal is released.
Compared to a prior Civic Hybrid, a fifth-generation Honda IMA powertrain provides softened acceleration during highway speeds, while concurrently delivering a total city/highway EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 44 mpg an boost of 3 mpg from a prior model.
* Based on 2012 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison functions only. Do not review to models before 2008. Your tangible mileage will change depending on how we expostulate and say your vehicle.
Civic Hybrid Powertrain during a Glance
- 1.5-liter inline 4-cylinder
- Aluminum cylinder retard with CCS (Cooling Control Spacer)
- 2-Stage i-VTEC valve-control system
- i-VTEC-controlled Variable Cylinder Management (VCM)
- Intelligent Dual Sequential Ignition with twin hint plugs per cylinder
- ECON mode
Integrated Motor Assist (IMA)
- 23 horsepower (17 kilowatt) ultra-thin DC brushless motor
- Intelligent Power Unit (IPU) with Integrated Cooling Unit
- High-power Lithium-Ion battery
- Automatic Idle Stop
- Cooperative regenerative braking system
- Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle (ULEV-2)
- Partial-Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV) (in CARB states)
- EPA-estimated fuel economy of 44/44/44 (city/highway/combined)
Continuously Variable Transmission
- Wide expostulate ratio for good acceleration and low rpm cruising
The new 2012 Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe are a many aerodynamically and aggressively styled models in a model’s story and also a many organic and versatile in how many Civic business like to use their cars. As in past years, both 5-passenger sedan and 5-passenger coupe physique styles are available. The sedan pattern is worldly and efficient, while a coupe is some-more thespian and exciting. Both are rarely aerodynamic, including a neat windshield angle with slight A-pillars (and thinner C-pillars in a Coupe) for glorious external visibility, countless under-vehicle aerodynamic aids, and even low rolling-resistance tires on all models solely Civic Si.
Apart from a headlights, hood and front fenders, no manifest extraneous physique panels, lights, glass, grille or bumpers are common between a Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe. Differences between models embody assertive front grille, front and behind fascias and other elements for a Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si Sedan, and endless aerodynamic aids for a high fuel economy Civic HF. However underneath a skin, a underlying framework construction is a same between a Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe, solely that during 105.1 inches, a wheelbase of a Civic Sedan is twin inches longer than that of a Civic Coupe.
Civic Sedan Design
Though roomier inside than prior models, a 2012 Civic Sedan adds a worldly aptitude while progressing a Coupe’s thespian styling character. Its 4 doors yield softened utility, with glorious accession and outlet for all passengers. In back, a case lid gracefully meets a behind window and seamlessly ties in with a altogether styling of a car. Standard are 15-inch hole steel wheels with full circle covers, 15-inch aluminum wheels for a Civic HF, 16-inch aluminum wheels for a Civic EX and Civic EX-L models, and 17-inch aluminum wheels for a Civic Si.
Civic Coupe Design
Everything about Civic Coupe says this is a driver’s car, with a short, far-reaching front fascia generating an assertive altogether look. Adding to a Civic’s clearly sporty and energetic season are wide, bony headlights, a confidant grille, and haze flare openings in a revoke fascia. A crowd pattern continues along a Civic Coupe physique side, with a hood, windshield and cabin all combining wilful impression lines that emanate a clever clarity of motion. The high behind rug offer reinforces a Coupe’s energetic crowd styling, while a organic behind mouth spoiler and 16-inch aluminum wheels on Civic EX and Civic EX-L models (17-inch wheels on a Civic Si) supplement to a transparent sporting intentions.
Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
The Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) physique structure is a pioneering Honda unit-body construction technology. Introduced to Civic in a 2006 model, it increases a body’s ability to sunder pile-up appetite in a frontal collision and is approaching to assistance broach tip reserve ratings.
Rigid Unit-Body Construction and Energy-Absorbing Crush Zones
The Civic’s aerodynamic unit-body structure plays a clever purpose in assisting both a coupe and sedan grasp their approaching high fuel-economy and projected tip reserve ratings, though it also contributes to a smooth, still float and a fun-to-drive character. A firm physique allows for sound and other disturbances to be some-more good private by bushings and other dampers around a vehicle.
Increased Use of High-Strength Steel
Both a Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe underline a firm and lightweight unit-body pattern done probable by increasing use of high-strength steel. The 2012 Civic Sedan now uses 55 percent high-strength steel, compared to 50 percent in a prior generation. This contributes to a 7-percent rebate in physique weight compared to 2011 Civic Sedan. Although a physique structure is now lighter, immobile and energetic acerbity are 10 percent better.
In addition, some-more slim A-pillars (also fabricated of high-strength steel) yield a incomparable margin of perspective but compromising physique strength. Along with a new side counterpart shape, a thinner A-pillars also assistance minimize breeze sound during highway speeds.
The 2012 Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe are usually as aerodynamically fit as their coming suggests, ensuing in softened fuel efficiency, reduced emissions, softened doing during aloft speeds and revoke levels of interior noise. The improvements are a outcome of endless displaying and contrast conducted during a pattern process. Examples include:
- A lamp underneath a front fender leads a upsurge of atmosphere into a engine cell for cooling.
- Lightweight cosmetic tools underneath a engine bay, a fuel tank and tools of a behind underbody raise airflow.
- Front spoiler and strakes forward of a front and behind tires assistance proceed atmosphere upsurge around a tires and circle wells.
- A new prosaic under-floor significantly improves aerodynamic potency by assisting atmosphere to pierce over, around and underneath a car ensuing in a poignant 3.4-percent revoke fellow of drag as compared to a 2011 Civic.
- Low-drag side mirrors revoke breeze sound by minimizing turmoil (Civic EX and Civic EX-L models also embody exhilarated side mirrors).
Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights
All 2012 Civic models are versed with multi-reflector halogen headlights with an auto-off underline (Auto On/Off on EX-L, Hybrid and Si) for assured night driving, along with a energetic and thespian appearance. The auto-off underline automatically turns off a headlights when a pivotal is private from a vehicle. Inboard mounted halogen high beams offer offer night pushing certainty with a crisp, splendid and focused light beam. The halogen high beams offer double-duty as a daytime regulating lights (DRL) by doing during a revoke voltage. All Civic models embody a headlights-on reminder.
Meanwhile Civic Si Sedan and Coupe models supplement haze lights located in openings next a front bumper. Integrated haze lights are serve permitted as a dealer-installed appendage on other 2012 Civic models.
LED Brake Lights on Civic Hybrid
The 2012 Civic Hybrid’s taillight complement comforts attention-grabbing LED enlightenment for a stop lights and soothing intense aspect lighting for a taillights. The sculpted, 3-dimensional demeanour of a units adds a particular and technical styling component to a behind perspective of a Civic. Additionally, LED lighting uses rebate appetite and longer use life compared to normal tungsten light bulbs, that is unchanging with a vehicle’s importance on efficiency.
All 2012 Civic models (except for Civic DX) underline appetite windows with auto-reverse. All trim levels (except a Civic DX) also underline an car up/down driver’s window for total convenience.
One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
Civic EX, Civic EX-L and Civic Si models have one-touch appetite moonroof actuation with lean underline that will open or tighten with one hold of a switch. The moonroof’s skinny construction allows for extent headroom and softened comfort. Also enclosed is a shifting sunshade that automatically opens with a moonroof, and a shade can be sealed to retard sunlight. An auto-reverse underline is built into a moonroof operation.
Security System with Remote Entry
Remote entrance and remote case entrance systems are now customary on all 2012 Civic models solely for DX. Using a call pivotal with integrated remote buttons, all doors can be sealed with one hold of a LOCK button. Pressing UNLOCK once unlocks a driver’s door, while dire it twice unlocks all doors. The case can also be unbarred by dire a apart case button. The complement has an doing operation of adult to 50 feet.
Another strength of a new 2012 Civic Coupe and Sedan is considerable storage capacity. The Civic Sedan offers 12.5 cu-ft of storage space (12.1 cu-ft. for Sedan EX-L), surpassing a 12.0 cu-ft case volume of a prior era an alleviation of 0.5 cu-ft or 4.2-percent. The Civic Coupe case offers 11.6 cu-ft of storage, a slight boost over a prior model’s 11.5 cu-ft. Folding a second-row seatback yields additional room for a storage of massive items. Civic Hybrid and Civic Natural Gas have a bound behind seatback.
Conveniently placed latches capacitate business to revoke a fold-down behind seatback from a trunk. The Civic EX and Civic EX-L and Civic Si models supplement even some-more preference with 60/40 separate fold-down behind seatbacks, that concede coexisting newcomer seating and bucket storage.
The 2012 Civic offers a energetic tone palette that adds impression and arrogance to a whole indication range. All-new colors for a 2012 Civic Sedan embody Dyno Blue Pearl, Cool Mist Metallic and Crimson Pearl. While on a 2012 Civic Coupe, Dyno Blue Pearl and Cool Mist Metallic are new additions to a tone lineup. Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si Sedan models supplement a singular Sunburst Orange Pearl, while a Civic Hybrid comes in Green Opal Metallic. All a new colors change in coming depending on object conditions, offer amplifying a Civic’s thespian bodylines.
The 2012 Civic framework was grown to maximize pushing delight as good as newcomer comfort and safety. The framework comforts Honda’s rarely grown MacPherson strut front and multi-link behind cessation systems, along with Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering for glorious steering opening and softened efficiency. Regardless of either it is a versatile Civic Sedan or Coupe, sporty Civic Si, or fit Civic Hybrid, purify Civic Natural Gas or value-oriented Civic HF model, any 2012 Honda offers a high turn of refinement, assured doing and a fun pushing knowledge while also providing glorious safety.
New Chassis Features for 2012
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with traction control is now standard
- Brake Assist is now customary
- Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS)
Additional Chassis Highlights
A somewhat shorter wheelbase (reduced 1.2 inches in a Sedan, to 105.1 inches; and reduced 1.1 inches in a Coupe, to 103.2 inches) increases altogether maneuverability and a Civic’s fun-to-drive character. But during a same time, a altogether length, breadth and tallness are a same as prior models, with increasing interior roominess in a Sedan. The outcome is a some-more manageable car that is also roomier inside.
All Civic Models
- MacPherson strut front suspension
- Multi-link behind suspension
- Front and behind stabilizer bars
- Power-assisted, ventilated front front brakes
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with traction control
- 4-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) with Brake Assist
- Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS)
Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe, Civic Natural Gas and Civic HF
- 15-inch steel wheels with circle covers on DX, LX
- 15-inch aluminum wheels on Hybrid, Natural Gas and HF
- 16-inch aluminum wheels on EX and EX-L
- P195/65R15 all-season tires on DX, LX, Hybrid, Civic Natural and HF
- P205/55R16 all-season tires on EX and EX-L
- Power-assisted 4-wheel front brakes on EX and EX-L
- Front and behind high-performance springs, dampers and stabilizer bars
- 17-inch aluminum wheels
- P215/45R17 all-season tires
- Available summer-only tires on Coupe
- Larger front ventilated and behind plain front stop rotors
- 15-inch aluminum wheels that are unusually aerodynamic and lightweight
- Low rolling-resistance P195/65R15 tires
- Regenerative braking complement with singular parameters for a power-assist braking feature
Wheels and Tires
The 2012 Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe models underline a accumulation of 15-, 16- and 17-inch hole wheels and all-season tires, with a space-saver gangling tire located underneath a case floor. Details include:
- Civic DX Sedan, Civic DX Coupe and Civic LX 15×6 steel wheels with full covers and P195/65R15 tires
- Civic EX Sedan, Civic EX Coupe and Civic EX-L 16×6.5-inch aluminum wheels and P205/55R16 tires
- Civic Hybrid 15×6-inch aluminum wheels and P195/65R15 tires
- Civic Si Sedan and Civic Si Coupe 17×7-inch amalgamate wheels and P215/45R17 (with permitted summer tires)
- Civic Hybrid 15×6-inch amalgamate wheels and P195/65R15 low-rolling-resistance tires
- Civic Natural Gas 15×6-inch steel wheels with full covers and P195/65R15 tires
- Civic Sedan HF Sedan 15×6-inch aluminum wheels and P195/65R15 low rolling-resistance tires
For softened fuel economy, a 2012 Civic uses new tires that are 5-percent lighter with 10-percent alleviation to a Rolling Resistance Coefficient (RRC) as compared to a prior Civic’s tires. Constructed of low-mass step material, thinner sidewalls and an optimized structure, a new tires assistance revoke fuel expenditure all while progressing allied continuance and projected use life. The Civic HF offer reduces a rolling insurgency of a tires by an additional 21-percent compared to a customary Civic tires.
Creative and expressive, ample and unsentimental a 2012 Civic interior is as considerable as a physique design, while featuring a confidant and modernized instrument blueprint that’s distinct anything in a class. The new Civic interior builds on a already worldly pattern of a stream era Civic by adopting a intelligent interface approach. With this approach, a interior is divided into opposite areas for pivotal instrument displays above a steering wheel, delegate information located revoke in a area manifest by a steering wheel, and a third area to a driver’s right. Overall, a controls are transparent and easy to operate, with a clean elementary blueprint and rarely discerning operation.
All a shapes, textures and colors work together to emanate a welcoming contemporary sourroundings that is both visually and tactilely rewarding. Everything a motorist needs is tighten during palm and materials and finishes are as delicately comparison as a apparatus features. Distinct tip and revoke areas of a instrument row have their possess singular materials that emanate visible zones that supplement beauty and richness.
Building on a successful wrapping on a prior generation, a 2012 Civic Sedan has gained a tiny volume of interior newcomer volume and also done gains in shoulder and hip room. The Civic Coupe gains an boost in front shoulder room. Both a Sedan and Coupe are personal as compress vehicles by a Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Though a 2012 Civic Sedan is outwardly a same breadth and length, it has gained in interior newcomer volume by 3.7 cubic feet, and has some-more front shoulder room and additional front and behind hip room. The Civic Coupe has gained 1.2 inches in front shoulder room. Other interior measure are within an in. of a prior generation.
- Two-Tier Instrument Panel Like a predecessor, a 2012 Civic uses a singular 2-tier instrument row for shorter eye movements between a many ordinarily referenced gauges. As a result, while pushing there is reduced approval time for a driver. Instrument row enlightenment is blue with white backlighting solely on Civic Si models, that use red-backlit instrumentation. Progressive enlightenment welcomes a motorist into a car and brightens to 100 percent when a pivotal is extrinsic in a ignition switch.
- Intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID) The latest era i-MID displays a far-reaching accumulation of audio, outing computer, car maintenance, fuel-economy, navigation (when versed with navigation system) and warning information on a bright, full-color 5-inch (measured diagonally) LCD arrangement and includes a operation of customizable features.
- Eco Assist All 2012 Civics (except Civic Si) come with an Eco Assist arrangement within a instrument row that is designed to assistance a motorist rise and say a fuel-efficient pushing style. The credentials lighting of a segmented straight bars located directly to a left and a right of a speedometer transition from immature (more efficient) to blue (less efficient) in response to pushing style. The complement invariably monitors and displays a impact of a pushing impression on a vehicle’s fuel potency and transitions colors to yield feedback that can assistance a less-efficient motorist make adjustments to pushing style.
- ECON Mode All 2012 Civics (except Civic Si models) are versed with an ECON symbol that modifies several doing parameters of a car to offer raise a intensity for fuel efficiency. With ECON Mode activated, a Drive-by-Wire stifle complement provides some-more light response, change mapping is reconfigured on involuntary delivery models, and meridian control operation is altered.
- Maintenance Minder Display Every Civic has a Maintenance Minder complement that marks service-related apparatus formed on car usage. Maintenance Minder automatically indicates when customary use should be achieved formed on tangible pushing conditions.
- Sequential Rev-limit Indicator Performance-oriented Civic Si models have a new consecutive rev-limit indicator comprised of i-VTEC and change indicators. The i-VTEC indicator lights adult when a VTEC complement shifts from low- to high-rpm camshaft profiles, and a rev-limit indicator illuminates sequentially as engine speed rises.
- Civic Si Power Monitor Civic Si models embody a Power Monitor shade that can be displayed on a i-MID to uncover real-time information per engine output.
- Civic Hybrid IMA System Monitor A singular underline of a Civic Hybrid i-MID is a driver-feedback complement that monitors pushing impression and displays (with an Eco Score) how it affects fuel efficiency. The complement includes an Eco coaching i-MID shade that shows pushing impression efficiency, and a singular hybrid power-flow scale shows a communication between a gasoline engine and a IMA’s electric engine and batteries. When a Civic Hybrid ignition is switched off, a special Eco Score duty displays a driver’s success regulating icons representing leaves.
The Civic’s new 3-spoke steering circle is a tiny hole section fitting a car’s sporty impression and accents a vehicle’s quick-ratio steering. Civic EX-L and Si steering wheels are leather embellished for an even sportier demeanour and feel. All Civic models underline a primer lean and telescope steering mainstay composition to softened accommodate drivers of several sizes. Civic LX and models above now embody audio, i-MID and journey control buttons. Bluetooth HandsFreeLink control buttons are enclosed in all models solely Civic DX, Civic LX and Civic HF.
Interior surfaces on a 2012 Civic are designed to be appreciative to a touch, with controls that are ergonomic and work with precision. Cloth upholstery is customary in many Civic models, with Civic EX-L receiving leather seating surfaces. Leather is also permitted on a Civic Hybrid.
Like a prior era Civic, a 2012 indication can accommodate 5 passengers. The twin front seats have been totally redesigned with a some-more understanding chair construction. The Civic Coupe has deeper side bolsters than a Civic Sedan, and a Civic Si offer increases parallel support with firmer side bolsters. Both front seats manually recline, and a driver’s chair comforts a primer tallness composition control. To urge entrance into a behind seats on a Civic Coupe, a front newcomer chair has a one-touch seatback recover and slip feature.
A prosaic behind building improves newcomer comfort by providing extremely some-more feet room for a core passenger. To boost storage space, Civic DX, Civic LX and Civic HF models underline a one-piece folding behind seatback, while Civic EX, Civic EX-L, and Civic Si models underline a 60/40 split-folding behind seatback. The Civic Hybrid and Civic Natural Gas have bound behind seatbacks.
A redesigned core storage console with a vast armrest combines comfort with functionality. Two vast crater holders are positioned in a core console, and any doorway row has a built-in storage bin and bottle holder. Civic Coupe models have a bottle hilt and storage bin integrated into any side of a behind cabin. A atmospheric glove box and an open cell located left of a steering circle yield additional storage.
Climate Control Systems
Civic LX and above models have atmosphere conditioning with an integrated micron air-filtration complement able of filtering scarcely 100 percent of particulates that are over 8 microns in distance (the distance of many pollen), and approximately 40 percent of particulates down to 0.3 microns (about a distance of diesel emissions). The Civic Hybrid has involuntary meridian control with a delegate compressor, powered by a high-voltage electric engine that ensures a cabin heat stays during a elite turn during engine idle-stop.
Music playback is a high priority for many Civic buyers, so Honda engineers worked to yield a best audio systems in a compress class. Highlights include:
- Civic LX Sedan, Civic HF and Civic Natural Gas 160-watt AM/FM/CD audio complement with 4 speakers and an auxiliary submit jack. The CD actor can also review CD-Rs with Windows Media Audio (WMA) or MP3 audio files. Civic LX models and above benefaction audio information on a new tone i-MID. All audio systems underline Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC).
- Civic LX Coupe, Civic EX Sedan, Civic EX-L Sedan, and Civic Hybrid 160-watt AM/FM/CD audio complement with 6 speakers, including A-pillar-mounted tweeters, and auxiliary submit jack.
- Civic EX Coupe, Civic EX-L Coupe and Civic Si 360-watt AM/FM/CD audio complement with 7 speakers, including an 8-inch subwoofer, and an auxiliary submit jack.
Additional audio complement comforts include:
- USB Audio Interface A USB Audio Interface tie is located in a core console of all models, with a difference of Civic DX. The USB pier accepts many digital song inclination (such as an iPod) along with peep drives usually so prolonged that AAC, MP3 or WMA song files are used.
- XM Radio The clear, frail sound of XM Radio is customary on Civic models versed with a permitted navigation system. Available to XM subscribers are 130 digital channels of programming with nearby CD peculiarity sound. In offer to music, also permitted from XM are news, sports, talk, internal continue and traffic.
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink Standard on Civic EX, Civic EX-L, Civic Si, Civic Natural Gas and Civic Hybrid models, a Bluetooth HandsFreeLink hands-free write interface is designed to work with many Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones. Bluetooth Audio also enables audio from Bluetooth-enabled inclination to be played wirelessly by a vehicle’s audio system.
Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition and FM Traffic
The latest era of a Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System is permitted on a 2012 Civic EX, Civic EX-L, Civic Si, Civic Hybrid and Civic Natural Gas. The complement comforts a 6.5-inch tone arrangement and an 16 GB Flash Memory complement in place of a DVD-based complement used previously. Like other Honda navigation systems, this new complement allows simple, discerning operation and has an endless on-board database.
Key comforts include:
- Turn-by-turn pushing directions
- Subscription-free FM traffic
- More than 10 million points of interest
- Voice approval able of noticing numbers, travel names and cities
- Turn-by-turn voice guidance
- Destination memory recall
- Calendar and calculator with English to metric series converter
- Operates by voice recognition, hold shade arrangement or joystick
- Database includes dense healthy gas (CNG) refueling stations (Civic Natural Gas)
- 6.5-inch LCD arrangement full VGA high-resolution hold shade display
- 16 GB peep memory contains information for a whole United States
- Updatable complement around peep expostulate and customary USB port
- Secondary Turn-by-turn notifications shown in a intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID)
- New Features that assistance extent motorist distractions while a car is in motion
Power Windows, Locks and Keyless Entry
Power windows are customary apparatus on all Civic models. Civic LX and above models yield auto-up and down operation on a driver’s window. Power doorway thatch with a customizable auto-locking underline are customary on Civic LX and above models. Remote entrance is customary on all models solely DX, and an engine-immobilizer complement is also customary on all 2012 Civic models.
The 2012 Honda Civic includes a high turn of customary reserve apparatus in any model. The 2012 Civic integrates Honda’s many modernized reserve record including a Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) physique structure, two-row side shade airbags and front side airbags in any indication and trim level. The ACE physique structure enhances newcomer insurance and pile-up harmony in frontal crashes. The ACE pattern utilizes a network of connected constructional elements to discharge pile-up appetite some-more uniformly around a front of a vehicle. This extended frontal pile-up appetite government helps to revoke a army eliminated to a newcomer cell and can assistance to some-more uniformly sunder a army eliminated to other vehicles concerned in a crash. ACE also increases a odds of a twin vehicle’s bumpers scrupulously joining during a collision including incomparable and smaller vehicles and those with incompatible fender heights.
Every Civic incorporates side shade airbags and front side airbags with a passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS) as customary equipment. In addition, all seating positions embody conduct restraints that are designed to assistance lessen a astringency of a neck damage in a eventuality of a behind collision. Additional customary reserve comforts embody dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags, an anti-lock braking complement (ABS) with Brake Assist, and front seatbelts with automatic-tensioners and bucket limiters. Every 2012 Civic indication also comforts daytime regulating lights (DRL) and a walking damage slackening pattern for a front of a vehicle.
The ninth-generation Civic is approaching to acquire tip reserve ratings for a motorist and front newcomer and behind chair passengers in both frontal and side impact crash-safety tests, as good tip roll-over insurgency ratings, undertaken by a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). It is also approaching to acquire tip reserve ratings from a Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
More than 95-percent of Civics are now constructed and fabricated in a United States and Canada regulating domestic and globally sourced parts. Civic Sedan and all Civic Natural Gas models are constructed during Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (HMIN). All Civic Sedan, all Civic Coupe and all Civic Si models are constructed and fabricated during a Honda of Canada Manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. All Civic Hybrid models are constructed and fabricated in a Honda Motor Co., Ltd., Suzuka, Japan prolongation facility.
As a newest Honda prolongation plant, HMIN was designed to have a smallest environmental footprint of all North American automotive facilities, and HMIN is also a third North American Honda plant to be a “zero waste-to-landfill” facility.
Regarding prolongation within a United States, Honda began convention motorcycles in America in 1979. Honda began car prolongation in a U.S. in 1982 (with a Accord) and was a initial Japanese automaker to arrange products for a North American marketplace in a United States. Civic North American prolongation began in 1985.
The 2012 Honda Civic is lonesome by a 3-year/36,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty, a 5-year/60,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty, and a 5-year/unlimited-mile Corrosion Limited Warranty. Additional warranties might exist depending on a indication and a state in that a car is primarily sold. Honda Genuine Accessories are lonesome by a 3-year/36,000-mile Accessory Limited Warranty when commissioned during a time of purchase.
* Official pile-up exam information not permitted during time of announcement (4/20/2011).
**Government star ratings are partial of a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Models tested with customary side airbag.