02/01/2019, Fountain Valley, CA
- Hyundai Sales Up 3 Percent
- Best Jan SUV Sales Total Ever
- Kona, a North American Utility Vehicle of a Year, Continues to Perform Well with Nearly 6,000 Units Sold
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Feb. 1, 2019 – Hyundai Motor America reported Jan sales of 40,796 units, a 3 percent boost in comparison with Jan 2018. Despite a month with many challenges, including a U.S. supervision shutdown and serious arctic continue opposite a country, Hyundai was means to grasp augmenting sales interjection to clever performances opposite a lineup of vehicles that underline heading safety, quality, and cost to possess value.
Hyundai sole 21,007 SUVs, representing 51 percent of a sum sales volume. This was an all-time Jan SUV sales record and an boost of 37 percent compared with Jan 2018. Kona, a recently named North American Utility Vehicle of a Year, sole 5,696 units, a third top monthly sum ever. Santa Fe sum sales grew by 2 percent, while sell sales of a indication were adult 20 percent. Increased accessibility in Southern California of Hyundai’s modernized fuel dungeon automobile NEXO, resulted in 35 sales, a many fuel dungeon vehicles Hyundai has sole in a month. Sonata sales increasing by 3 percent, while Veloster was adult 15 percent, showcasing how Hyundai’s different lineup is assembly sundry patron needs.
“We are gratified with Hyundai’s start to 2019 as we strike a Jan objectives, following a record-breaking Dec and several hurdles outward of a control,” pronounced John Cook, director, Sales Operations, Hyundai Motor America. “We’ve also started a year with many positives as Hyundai won several prestigious attention recognitions, including Utility Vehicle of a Year and Car and Driver 10Best for Kona and Kona EV.”
January Product and Corporate Activities
- Kona and Kona EV Named Utility Vehicle of a Year: At a North American International Auto Show, a 2019 Kona and Kona EV SUV models were named a North American Utility Vehicle of a Year, one of a industry’s top honors.
- Car and Driver 10Best for Kona and Kona EV: Kona and Kona EV were also comparison to a prestigious Car and Driver 10Best Trucks and SUVs list, a initial time a Hyundai SUV has been named to a list.
- Hyundai Elevate Concept: At CES, Hyundai denounced a Elevate ultimate mobility automobile judgment that can span turf over a stipulations of even a many able off-road automobile with a innovative robotic legs.
- North American International Auto Show News: During a final winter Detroit Auto Show, Hyundai denounced a Veloster N competition car that competes in a IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge, introduced a Elantra GT N Line trim and announced inhabitant promotion for a Shopper Assurance
- Super Bowl Ad: Earlier this week, Hyundai expelled a humorous Super Bowl commercial that will atmosphere in a initial entertain and uncover how most improved automobile shopping can be with Shopper Assurance.
- Government Shutdown Payment Relief: To assistance sovereign supervision employees influenced by a shutdown, Hyundai offering automobile loan and franchise remuneration extensions.
- Santa Fe Redesign of a Year: Hyundai’s all-new 2019 Santa Fe prisoner a Redesign of a Year endowment by ALG that measures a grade of automobile change and a peculiarity of a execution.
- Sonata Readers’ Choice Awards: The Detroit News awarded a Hyundai Sonata a Readers’ Choice Award in a “Most for Your Money” difficulty during a 15th annual Readers’ Choice Awards.
* Tucson Fuel Cell sale
Hyundai Motor America
Hyundai Motor America is focused on delivering an superb patron knowledge grounded in pattern leadership, engineering value and well-developed value in each automobile we sell. Hyundai’s technology-rich product lineup of cars, SUVs and alternative-powered electric and fuel dungeon vehicles is corroborated by Hyundai Assurance—our guarantee to broach assent of mind to a customers. Hyundai vehicles are sole and serviced by some-more than 830 dealerships national and a infancy sole in a U.S. are built during U.S. production facilities, including Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. Hyundai Motor America is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, and is a auxiliary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea.