Introducing a All-New 2020 Sierra Heavy Duty
Higher trailering capability and certainty are driven by new hardware and technologies
OSHAWA (Tuesday, Jan 22, 2019) — Bigger, stronger and smarter, a all-new 2020 GMC Sierra Heavy Duty combines incomparable trailering capability with technologies designed to yield business with a world-class towing experience.
“The all-new 2020 Sierra HD is a many means heavy-duty lorry that we’ve ever offered,” pronounced Duncan Aldred, clamp boss of Global GMC. “For business who direct a premium, innovative heavy-duty lorry that supports their passions, a next-generation Sierra HD can lift like a pro.”
Form and avocation come together in a new Sierra Heavy Duty, with facilities that include:
- An extended ProGrade Trailering element featuring class-leading accessible 15 camera views, including a segment-first pure trailer perspective to probably see by a trailer in tow.1
- An accessible intelligent trailer designed to confederate a iN∙Command® control element from ASA Electronics2 provides a ability to guard and control name functions of compatibly versed trailers by a myGMC mobile app3.
- A segment-exclusive accessible 15-inch-diagonal head-up arrangement that offers useful trailering information, including car speed, navigation information and an inclinometer arrangement for a highway grade.
- An accessible segment-first Rear Camera Mirror.
- MultiPro, a world’s initial six-function tailgate, allows easier loading, unloading and bed entrance and is accessible on all trim levels.
- A larger, autocratic settlement that provides some-more room for bucket and occupants.
- Best-in-class Crew Cab front headroom and legroom for a motorist and other front-row occupants.
- An all-new, segment-first, Allison 10-speed involuntary delivery corresponding to a mythological 6.6L Duramax turbo diesel.
- For those looking to take polished capability off-road, GMC fortifies a new AT4 code with an all-new Sierra AT4 Heavy Duty accessible for Crew Cab configurations as both a 2500 and 3500 singular back circle offering.
With some-more than half of Sierra HD business selecting Denali, it continues to offer a ultimate countenance of veteran class materials and refinement. The all-new indication delivers power, comprehension and shred advancements to accommodate a needs of heavy-duty business with perceptive taste.
ProGrade Trailering Technology
First introduced with a 2019 Sierra light duty, a ProGrade Trailering System leverages record advancements to offer additional facilities and functionality for a 2020 Sierra Heavy Duty.
“Trailering is a many critical care for Sierra Heavy Duty customers, and a new facilities and technologies in a 2020 Sierra HD make it easier than ever to join a trailer and draw it confidently,” pronounced Jaclyn McQuaid, car arch engineer, Heavy Duty Trucks. “We’ve grown this new lorry to offer a biggest trailering knowledge ever charity by GMC.”
An accessible class-leading 15 singular camera views1, including an industry-first pure trailer view, assistance optimize a driver’s perspective around a lorry and concordant trailers to yield combined certainty when towing. The insubordinate pure trailer underline uses a tailgate-mounted camera and an accessible appendage camera mounted on a back of a trailer. The ensuing arrangement helps a motorist to probably see by a trailer4, a advantage when navigating parking lots, merging into trade or creation parsimonious turns.
Owners of a 2020 Sierra HD will have entrance to accessible intelligent trailer technology designed to concede entrance to name facilities of a iN∙Command® control element from ASA Electronics2 by a myGMC mobile app, possibly on concordant Android and iOS smartphones or on a vehicle’s infotainment element around Apple CarPlay5 or Android Auto6. Similar to a facilities of a intelligent home, a iN∙Command® control element acts as a executive heart of operations to guard and control an array of systems in trailers versed with a next-generation technology. Depending on how a compatibly versed trailer is configured, owners of a 2020 Sierra HD might be means to spin on a trailer’s atmosphere conditioning or H2O heater, check H2O and holding tank levels, or guard fuel levels on trailers versed with generators — all before nearing during their destination.
The ProGrade Trailering System also includes an in-vehicle Trailering App7 with Trailer Light Test, Trailer Electrical Diagnostics, Trailer Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring, Pre- Maintenance Reminders and Departure Checklist. Many of a Trailering app’s functions, including a lighting exam and pre-departure checklist, are also accessible with a myGMC mobile app, a underline that offers good preference when outward a lorry or trailer.
Additional accessible technologies and hardware to assist trailering include:
- Auto Electric Park Brake to automatically request a parking stop to assistance say lorry position when hitching.
- All-new Park Grade Hold Assist enhances mountain reason by regulating braking bid during any circle for an extended duration of time.
- All-new larger, door-mounted trailering mirrors with a four-bar couple providing energy extend and redress for a motorist and newcomer sides.
- Integrated trailer stop controller that works with a trailer form in a Trailering App to remember a specified trailer’s many new benefit setting.
- Tow/Haul mode that stays intent on a subsequent key-on cycle, for adult to 4 hours; includes a sign a underline is engaged.
- Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control.
- Trailer Sway Control.
- Auto Grade Braking and Diesel Exhaust Braking.
- Digital Variable Steering Assist that boldly optimizes energy steering according to pushing scenarios, including trailering, and enables facilities like highway lift compensation.
- Trailering Info Label placed on a driver’s doorway jamb that clearly calls out a truck’s specific trailering information, including quell weight, GVWR, GCWR, limit payload, limit tongue weight and back GAWR.8
Bigger and bolder
The 2020 Sierra HD has a commanding, absolute settlement secure in a new settlement with incomparable proportions. It is taller and longer, with a some-more assured position tangible by a confidant settlement that epitomizes GMC’s signature value and technologically driven courtesy to detail.
“We took any event to visually demonstrate a strength and capability that lies underneath a surface,” says Matt Noone, executive of GMC extraneous design. “The towering hood line, a clever shoulders, a distinguished front grille — these cues promulgate a strength and opening that have been engineered and built into any and any Sierra Heavy Duty.”
The all-new Sierra HD is highlighted by new signature lighting, including distinguished “light blades” that broach LED enlightenment for a daytime using lamps. LEDs are also used for a headlamps, taillamps, accessible haze lamps and other edifying elements, including a accessible roof pen lights customary on all dual-rear-wheel HDs and all Sierra HD Denalis solely where taboo by law.
Inside, a Sierra HD’s new interior has best-in-class front head- and legroom (maximum), with Crew Cab models. A aloft seating position complements a truck’s taller form to offer a assured perspective from behind a wheel. Additional optimized ergonomics stress easy, discerning communication with a vehicle’s accessible technologies, such as a heavy-duty segment-first head-up arrangement and GMC’s latest touchscreen infotainment systems.9
Denali-exclusive materials — including reward leather-appointed seating, authentic open-pore timber trim and dark-finish aluminum taste — lift a interior’s refinement. The leather appointments have a distinctive, large-pebbled pellet with a resisting tack settlement that is reward in coming and hold but sacrificing durability, and a timber trim facilities an open-pore hardness evocative of hand-planed furniture.
Compared to a stream model, a new Sierra Heavy Duty has:
- A longer wheelbase, a taller, some-more widespread hood line and taller altogether height.
- A incomparable grille and complementing organic hood dip to feed an modernized cooling element for a Duramax turbo diesel.
- Class-leading heavy-duty bucket bed volume10 and 12 dilemma tie-downs with a new, accessible 120-volt energy outlet.
- One-inch-lower bed lift-in tallness compared to a 2019 Sierra Heavy Duty, providing easier loading and fifth-wheel and gooseneck trailer hitching10.
- New, segment-exclusive bucket bed side stairs on all box styles, located in front of a back circle openings, that element integrated CornerSteps in a back fender to urge entrance to a bucket area.
- World’s initial six-function MultiPro tailgate accessible on all trim levels and customary on SLT, AT4 and Denali.
All-new Sierra AT4 HD: Refined HD Capability Off-Road
The all-new 2020 Sierra Heavy Duty AT4 continues a AT4 brand’s expansion with a particular off-road temperament to element a strong HD capability. Driven by dim chrome extraneous finishes and contemporary detailing, Sierra HD AT4 facilities front and back bumpers and a grille approximate finished in physique colour. The confidant grille design, with a imperishable texture, is finished in black chrome and set off by a AT4’s particular red straight liberation hooks.
The jaunty interior also carries AT4-specific darkened trim, including dark-tinted and textured aluminum finishes on a steering wheel, centre smoke-stack and sill plates, as good as a singular Jet Black interior with Kalahari colour accents in a seats and live stitching. Leather-appointed seating, with mini-perforated inserts and festooned AT4 badging on a headrests, along with all-weather building liners, is customary delivering continuance with uncompromising comfort.
The new Sierra AT4 Heavy Duty’s off-road capabilities are secure in a singular cessation and ancillary technologies that include:
- Off-road suspension, Rancho Shocks, movement plates, Eaton locking back differential.
- Eighteen-inch wheels wrapped with Michelin all-terrain tires, with 20-inch wheels available.
- Traction Select System with specific Off-Road mode.
- Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist.
- Segment-exclusive 15-inch erratic Head-Up Display with Off-Road Inclinometer.
- HD Surround Vision1 for low-speed views of car surroundings.
Confident trailering power
GMC’s mythological Duramax turbo diesel and Allison Transmission pairing continues to offer a ultimate in towing confidence.
The proven Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel engine offers high torque, high power, low sound and well-developed durability. For a 2020 Sierra HD, a Duramax offers an SAE-certified 445 horsepower and 1233 Nm (910 lb-ft) of torque. This already absolute engine performs some-more good interjection to increasing cooling ability delivered in partial by softened atmosphere induction. A dual-path intake element draws dense, cold atmosphere by both a distinguished hood dip and a incomparable front grille.
The new Sierra HD outlines a introduction of an all-new 10-speed Allison involuntary delivery — a first-ever charity in a heavy-duty pickup segment. The all-new 10-speed delivery with closer rigging spacing allows a engine to work in an optimal operation during all times with varying bucket and turf conditions.
The bigger frame, stronger thrust and smarter technologies are approaching to broach dramatically incomparable towing ability than prior models, good in additional of 13,607 kilograms (30,000 pounds). More sum per an all-new gas engine and trailering capabilities will be announced shortly.
Coming late summer 2019
The 2020 Sierra HD goes on sale after this year in 2500HD and 3500HD twin back circle and singular back circle configurations. Pricing and finish specifications will be announced later.
About GMC in Canada
GMC has made trucks given 1902, with creation and engineering value built into all GMC vehicles. The code is elaborating to offer some-more fuel-efficient trucks and crossovers, including a Terrain tiny SUV and Acadia crossover. GMC’s highest-volume vehicle, a Sierra pickup, is a many absolute light-duty pickup on a market, and a initial full-size pickup to accept a highest-possible five-star Overall Vehicle Score for reserve given a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration altered a New Car Assessment Program for a 2011 indication year. Details on all GMC models are accessible during http://www.gmccanada.ca, on Twitter during @GMCCanada, on Instagram during @gmccanada or during http://www.facebook.com/gmccanada.
1Safety or motorist assistance facilities are no surrogate for a driver’s shortcoming to work a car in a protected manner. The motorist should sojourn courteous to traffic, vicinity and highway conditions during all times. Visibility, weather, and highway conditions might impact underline performance. Read a vehicle’s owner’s primer for some-more critical underline stipulations and information.
2iNˑCommand® is supposing by ASA Electronics and is designed to work within 30 feet of a trailer. Works with trailers versed with iNˑCommand® Control Systems with Global Connect TM around Bluetooth connection. Control and monitoring functionality varies by trailer manufacturer, model, and commissioned options. Use of a iNˑCommand® Control Systems underline by a myGMC mobile app requires an active use plan. User terms apply. Visit onstar.ca for car availability, coverage maps, sum and element limitations.
3 Visit onstar.ca for car availability, coverage maps, sum and element limitations. Services and connectivity change by indication and conditions as good as geographical and technical restrictions. 4G LTE use accessible in name markets. Requires active connected car services and a information devise to entrance a vehicle’s built-in Wi-Fi hotspot. Accessory Power contingency be active to use a Wi-Fi hotspot. Data skeleton supposing by ATT or a internal use provider. Credit label is compulsory for purchase.
4Compatible with conventionally hitched box or camping trailers adult to 32 feet in length.
5Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple, and a terms and remoteness statements apply. Requires concordant iPhone, and information devise rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a heading of Apple Inc. Siri, iPhone and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., purebred in a U.S. and other countries.
6Vehicle user interface is a product of Google, and a terms and remoteness statements apply. Requires a Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android concordant smartphone using Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Data devise rates apply. Android Auto is a heading of Google LLC.
7App functionality and facilities change with car apparatus and trim level. Data tie might be required. Some facilities need active use devise and operative electrical system
8Cargo and bucket ability singular by weight and distribution.
9GMC Infotainment System functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires concordant Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.
10Before we buy a car or use it for trailering, delicately examination a trailering territory of a Owner’s Manual. The weight of a passengers, bucket and options might revoke a volume we can tow.
# # #