…And Starts to Warm-Up for 2012
December 20, 2011 (Irvine, Calif.) Racing has flattering many turn a year-round sport. While many of a veteran array resolved in Sep and October, activities continued by Nov and December. Among a new MAZDASPEED highlights:
The final vast competition of a year was a annual NASA Thunderhill 25-Hour race. Mazda once again dominated with a third of a 86 automobile margin being Zoom-Zoom powered. Mazda cars competed in 4 of 6 classes and took 4 wins, and 10 of 12 probable lectern positions. Among a category winners was CJ Wilson Racing. The group entered dual cars and CJ combined winning group owners to his resume after being a winning motorist in 2010. Since he has a full-time pursuit in another sport, C.J. has a worlds shortest racing season, between a universe array and open training.
Mazda had a vast participation during a Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show. Among a highlights was a fourth annual MAZDASPEED Business Seminar to assistance racers learn about a off-track demands. The convention was station room only. Mazda also announced rough pricing of a “B-Spec” pack for a Mazda2. Mazda and Cooper Tires co-hosted GoRacingTV.com. Videos from a PRI uncover are accessible for observation during www.goracingtv.com
- SpeedSource Race Engineering announced their Rolex 24 choice of Sylvain Tremblay, Jonathan Bomarito, Marino Franchitti, and James Hinchcliffe. Tremblay and Bomarito will competition a whole deteriorate in a RX-8, now in a latest MAZDASPEED colors. Additional information on SpeedSource can be found during www.speedsourceinc.com
- Dempsey Racing will competition in support of Team Seattle during a 50th Anniversary Rolex 24 At Daytona, Jan 26 – 28, and via a 2012 deteriorate for a Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope and Healing, with both a No. 40 VISIT FLORIDA Mazda RX-8 GT and No. 41 FishingCapital.com/Bass2 Billfish Mazda RX-8 GT. The lineup of drivers includes full-season pilots Patrick Dempsey, Joe Foster, Charles Espenlaub and Charlie Putman, Dempsey’s designated substitute Tom Long, and Team Seattle Rolex 24 specialists Don Kitch Jr., Rick Johnson and Dan Rogers. Additional information on Dempsey Racing can be found during www.dempseyracing.net
- Dyson Racing will be contrast 2011 Cooper Tires Prototype Lites Powered by Mazda Lites 1 champion Ricardo Vera on Dec 20 during Sebring.
- Chris Dyson and Guy Smith have been named to a 2011 American Auto Racing Writers and Broadcasters Association (AARWBA) All-American team. The awards will be done Jan 8, 2012 in Indianapolis. www.aarwba.org
From a SCCA Pro-Racing Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup:
- Three events on a 2012 Playboy MX-5 Cup report have already been announced, with a array participating in some of a biggest highway racing events of a season. The deteriorate will open during a 12 Hours of Sebring, Mar 14-17, and interpretation during Petit Le Mans during Road Atlanta, Oct 17-20. In between, a MX-5 Cup will revisit Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, May 11-13. The finish report should be announced in January.
- The Playboy MX-5 Cup announced during a PRI Show in Orlando that a Skip Barber Racing School MAZDASPEED Challenge competition array will join a MX-5 Cup for all races in 2012. Like a MX-5 Cup, a MAZDASPEED Challenge cars are equally prepared Mazda MX-5s. For 2012, Skip Barber Racing School will yield an arrive-and-drive competition module with coaching to business who wish to competition during a aloft turn with a professionals, but a compulsory investment in collateral and other resources to settle their possess team.
- Additional information on a array can be found during www.mx-5cup.com
From a Star Mazda Championship Presented by Goodyear:
- 2011 Star Mazda Champion Tristan Vautier graduates to 2012 Indy Lights deteriorate with grant from a Mazda Road to Indy/MAZDASPEED Ladder. Tristan will join a twice-defending champion team, Sam Schmidt Motorsports, in a team’s No. 77 car.
- Star Mazda Champions announces 2012 report of 18 races on 10 weekends, many with INDYCAR.
- Star Mazda group Juncos Racing expands to Indy Lights with Davey Hamilton Racing.
- Rising womanlike open-wheel star Ashley Freiberg is set to run a full 2012 Star Mazda Championship with subsidy from Truecar.com’s “Women Empowered” initiative.
- Additional information on a array can be found during www.starmazda.com
From a Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship Powered by Mazda:
- Scott Anderson, 2011 Skip Barber National Champion graduates to a USF2000 Championship interjection to a MAZDASPEED Ladder. Scott will be fasten Belardi Racing.
- The shortly to be announced 2012 report will underline an boost to 14 races during premier venues in support of INDYCAR and American Le Mans Series events with a season-opener holding place during a prestigious 60th Anniversary Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
- 2012 will see 5 new group additions and several new motorist announcements including Matthew Brabham, son of four-time IMSA GTP champion Geoff Brabham and a grandson of three-time Formula 1 champion Sir Jack Brabham, Thomas McGregor, 2011 Skip Barber Racing School Formula Southern Series Champion, and Trent Hindman, 2011 Ontario Formula Ford Champion and Team USA Scholarship winner.
- Popular motorist Shannon McIntosh will lapse to a array with subsidy from Truecar.com’s “Women Empowered” initiative.
- Cooper Tires Winterfest will take place during Sebring International Raceway and Palm Beach International Raceway during a initial week of February. The USF2000 cars control a six-race mini-series.
- Additional information on a array can be found during www.usf2000.com
More MAZDASPEED Ladder Graduate News:
- 2011 SCCA Pro Racing Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup champion Mike Cooper has warranted a float in a 2012 Pirelli World Challenge. He will be announcing his group preference soon.
- Elliott Skeer won a Mazda Club Racer Shootout after winning a NASA Teen Challenge Spec Miata West Championship. Elliott is articulate with a heading MX-5 Cup teams as he creates his 2012 selection. Elliott and his Spec Miata will be featured in a San Diego Auto Show, Dec 29-31.
- Danilo Estrella and Tristan DeGrand won rides with Skip Barber after a new Skip Barber Karting Shootout.
From a Skip Barber Racing School:
- The 2011/2012 Winter Series kicked off their deteriorate on Nov 11, and will hang adult on Apr 14, 2012. After a initial 4 races Jack Mitchell Jr. and Colin wall are tied for a points lead in a regulation cars, while Nelson Canache has a lead in a MAZDASPEED Challenge for MX-5s.
- Additional information on a Skip Barber Racing School can be found during www.skipbarber.com
From Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca:
- The 2012 deteriorate during Mazda Raceway will be different and universe class.
- American Le Mans Monterey, presented by Patron (May 11-12)
- Ferrari Racing Days (May 18-20)
- Red Bull United States Grand Prix featuring a MotoGP World Championship (July 27-29)
- Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion (August 17-19)
- Continental Tire Sports Car Festival, Powered by Mazda (September 7-9)
- Additional information on Mazda Raceway can be found during www.mazdaraceway.com
About Mazda MAZDASPEED
Mazda is a number-one code for road-racers opposite North America. Thousands of Mazda powered grassroots racers contest in several classes with a SCCA and NASA highlighted by Spec Miata, a world’s largest spec category with over 2,500 cars built. In 2006 Mazda determined a MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development Ladder to support racers in relocating adult by a ranks. In 2010 this was stretched to embody a Mazda Road to Indy. Key to Mazda success is vital partnerships with a Skip Barber Racing School and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
MAZDASPEED Motorsports is managed by Mazda North American Operations (MNAO). MNAO is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. and oversees a sales, marketing, tools and patron use support of Mazda vehicles in a United States, Canada and Mexico by scarcely 900 dealers. Operations in Canada are managed by Mazda Canada, Inc., located in Ontario; and in Mexico by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.
Consumer information can be found during www.mazdausa.com with press information during www.mazdausamedia.com Racers and fans can a movement on facebook (Mazdaspeed Motorsports).