2012 speedSource RX-8 No. 70 Graphics
Low Resolution(39 kb)
High Resolution (1009 kb)
— Mazda Supports The Business of The Sport —
December 1, 2011 (Orlando, Fla). The array one code in highway racing earnings to a biggest motorsports trade uncover in a nation to make a few early announcements for a 2012 season. The MAZDASPEED group collected during a annual Performance Racing Industry uncover to share updates on a accumulation of topics.
1. Mazda thanked their teams for delivering 2011 manufacturers championships in both a American LeMans Series and a Continental Tire Challenge Street Tuner Championship. On a grassroots level, Mazda paid out over $800,000 in strait awards this past year. Coupled with a MAZDASPEED Motorsports Ladder prizes, Mazda paid out over $1.5M in 2011.
2. Mazda is presenting their fourth annual Business/Marketing/PR convention during a PRI. This is a giveaway convention for racers to learn how to urge their off-track performance. The convention will be Friday during 8:00 am.
3. Mazda is co-hosting a GoRacingTV.com streaming video from a Cooper Tires theatre on a categorical building of a PRI vaunt hall.
4. The SpeedSource Grand-Am GT RX-8 group suggested their 2012 graphics and their Rolex 24 during Daytona motorist line-up. Joining full-season drivers Sylvain Tremblay and Jonathan Bomarito are Marino Franchitti and James Hinchcliffe. Both are Mazda alums, Marino from ALMS and James from a Atlantic and Star Mazda Championships. The new graphics on a #70 RX-8 will showcase a MAZDASPEED corporate demeanour as long-term partner Castrol transitions into an associate unite purpose for 2012.
5. Grand-Am RX-8 group Dempsey Racing announced their 2012 motorist line-ups for their dual automobile team. Joe Foster will partner with Patrick Dempsey, while Charles Espenlaub and Charlie Putman will group adult for a season. Tom Long will be a group student when Patrick’s ‘other’ career report precludes his racing, as good as fasten a group for a Rolex 24. The group will enhance their partnership with VISITFLORIDA.com for a 2012 season.
6. Mazda announces arriving accessibility of Mazda2 “B-Spec” kits. The race-ready Mazda2 will be on arrangement during a show. Parts kits will be accessible in a initial entertain of 2012 for approximately $2600.
7. Mazda announces updates to a SCCA Pro Racing Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup including a further of a category for Skip Barber Racing School MX-5s.
8. 2012 Star Mazda Championship Presented by Goodyear report released
9. Mazda is ancillary a PRI Red Bull Karting Event.
10. A far-reaching accumulation of Mazda competition teams had to skip a PRI uncover as they are competing during a NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill. Among a Mazda teams is one comprised of Mazda dealership owners. 28 of a 86 entries are Mazda.
11. 2012 MAZDASPEED Ladder Team complete. Tristan DeGrand, Danilo Estrela, and Elliott Skeer won MAZDASPEED ladder seats interjection to their performances during shootouts in November. They turn a final MAZDASPEED category of 2012 racers.
o 2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber Champion Scott Anderson will be racing in a 2012 USF2000 Championship.
o 2011 Cooper Tires USF2000 Champion Petri Suvanto will be racing in a 2012 Star Mazda Championship Presented by Goodyear.
o 2011 Star Mazda Champion Tristan Vautier will be racing in a 2012 Indy Lights Series.
o 2011 Playboy MX-5 Cup Champion Mike Cooper will be racing in a 2012 Pirelli World Challenge Touring Car Championship in a MAZDASPEED3.
o 2011 Skip Barber Karting Shootout Winners Tristan DeGrand and Danilo Estrella will competition in a 2012 Skip Barber Series.
o 2011 Club Racing Shootout leader Elliott Skeer will competition in a 2012 MX-5 Cup.
NOTE: Additional press releases will be released from a particular teams, drivers, and series. Mazda will benefaction a extensive 2012 pre-season refurbish in Feb 2012, in Irvine, California.
# # #
For some-more information on Mazda products, revisit a online Mazda media core at: www.MazdaUSAmedia.com
For some-more information on MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development, visit: www.MazdaspeedDevelopment.com
For some-more information on a several Mazda spec series, visit: www.indycar.com