November 12, 2019
, Windsor, Ontario
The many able SUV ever will shortly be accessible with a many fuel-efficient and highest-torque-rated Wrangler engine ever with a introduction of a new 2020 Jeep® Wrangler EcoDiesel. The approaching fuel economy ratings will broach a top pushing operation on one tank of fuel ever for Wrangler.
Wrangler four-door models will offer a new 3.0-litre EcoDiesel V-6 engine, rated during 260 horsepower and 442 lb.-ft. of torque, with engine stop-start (ESS) record standard. To hoop larger torque loads, a EcoDiesel V-6 connects to a newly combined TorqueFlite 8HP75 eight-speed involuntary transmission, calibrated for low RPM shifts and a on- and off-road rigors of Jeep Wrangler duty. There are some-more than 40 particular change maps to optimize change points for fuel economy, opening and 4×4 capability.
“One of a many common questions consumers have asked us over a final few years has been, ‘Will we greatfully offer a Jeep Wrangler diesel?’ I’m gratified to answer that with a resounding ‘Yes!”, pronounced Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand – North America. “I recently gathering a new Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel on a Rubicon Trail and can undoubtedly demonstrate to a implausible off-road capability. Combining that unmatched off-road capability with a vehicle’s fun-to-drive on-road performance, best-ever Wrangler fuel economy and implausible pushing operation safeguard a fact that a business knew accurately what they were seeking for.”
All Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel models – Sport, Sahara and Rubicon – underline third-generation Dana 44 front and back heavy-duty axles. Additionally, all Wrangler EcoDiesel models underline a 3.73 spindle ratio. Two send cases are offered: The Rock-Trac two-speed send box with a 4.0:1 low-range rigging ratio on Rubicon models and a Command-Trac part-time two-speed send box with a 2.72:1 low-range rigging ratio on Sport and Sahara models.
The 2020 Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel will go on sale in a fourth entertain of 2019.
All-new EcoDiesel engine
The third era of a turbocharged 3.0-litre EcoDiesel V-6 engine delivers augmenting torque and horsepower, along with glorious fuel economy and minimal levels of noise, quivering and rudeness (NVH) to accommodate a needs of Wrangler customers.
Several poignant changes minister to a new EcoDiesel’s softened energetic and fuel economy performance:
- A new-generation water-cooled turbocharger with non-static geometry turbine (VGT) and low-friction temperament increases potency and responsiveness during transitory conditions
- Redesigned cylinder conduct intake ports with aloft upsurge capability urge whirl and flow, augmenting opening and fuel economy
- The empty gas recirculation (EGR) complement pattern has been updated to a twin loop (low and high pressure) system. The combined low-pressure dissemination complement draws gases after a diesel particulate filter, so minimizing turbocharger appetite losses, that increases fuel economy
- The application ratio has been optimized to 16.0:1 from 16.5:1 to urge fuel economy and revoke engine noise
- High-pressure (29,000 psi/2,000 bar) direct-injection fuel injector nozzles were redesigned to compare a newly designed and optimized explosion chamber, shortening fuel consumption
- Lightweight aluminum amalgamate pistons were totally redesigned to embody thinner rings, and low-friction diamond-like CO cloaking on a pin and application piston ring to revoke parasitic losses
- NVH has been softened by offsetting a piston pin 0.3 millimeters from a centerline
- The revoke apportionment of a two-piece oil sump uses a lightweight sandwiched polymer/metal material, that serve reduces NVH
- The twin opening siphon complement uses electric and a new automatic low-friction siphon with new blades that urge altogether complement efficiency
These upgrades build on a EcoDiesel V-6 engine’s prior success – a attributes and opening of that done it a leader of “Wards 10 Best Engines” for 3 uninterrupted years (2014, 2015, 2016).
The 3.0-litre EcoDiesel V-6 uses twin beyond camshafts (DOHC) with 4 valves per cylinder and a 60-degree angle between a cylinder banks. The retard is expel with compressed graphite iron, that provides strength to moderate vibrations, though weighs reduction than grey expel iron. A compressed graphite iron bedplate adds acerbity to a block.
The EcoDiesel V-6 engine uses a fake steel crankshaft and joining rods for strength and durability. The aluminum amalgamate pistons are cooled on a underside around oil jets. Heat-treated aluminum cylinder heads use particular temperament caps to revoke attrition and minimize NVH. The chain-driven beyond camshafts occupy roller-finger followers.
The diesel engine’s turbo Charge Air Cooler (CAC) is located during a bottom of a grille, in front of a radiator, to maximize cooler temperatures. The CAC uses a same ascent position as in a four-cylinder gasoline turbo engine, assisting to revoke complexity.
A new 5.1-litre diesel empty liquid (DEF) tank is located immediately behind a fuel tank with refill plcae subsequent to a diesel fuel filler. DEF refills align with oil changes durability adult to 16,000 kilometres (10,000 miles). Levels are monitored around a new DEF sign in a front cluster.
The 3.0-litre EcoDiesel V-6 engine is constructed during a FCA Cento trickery in Ferrara, Italy.
About Jeep Brand
Built on some-more than 75 years of mythological heritage, Jeep is a authentic SUV with class-leading capability, craftsmanship and flexibility for people who find unusual journeys. The Jeep code delivers an open invitation to live life to a fullest by charity a full line of vehicles that continue to yield owners with a clarity of certainty to hoop any tour with confidence.
The Jeep car lineup consists of a Cherokee, Compass, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee, Renegade and Wrangler. To accommodate consumer direct around a world, all Jeep models sole outward North America are accessible in both left- and right-hand expostulate configurations and with gasoline and diesel powertrain options. Jeep is partial of a portfolio of brands offering by tellurian automaker Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. For some-more information per FCA (NYSE: FCAU/ MTA: FCA), greatfully visit www.fcagroup.com.
About FCA Canada
Founded as a Chrysler Corporation in 1925, FCA Canada Inc. is formed in Windsor, Ontario, and celebrates a 94th anniversary in 2019. FCA Canada is a unconditionally owned auxiliary of FCA US LLC, a North American automaker formed in Auburn Hills, Michigan and member of a Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA Canada has approximately 440 dealers and sells Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo brands, as good as a SRT opening designation. The association also distributes Mopar and Alfa Romeo tools and accessories. In further to a public facilities, that furnish a Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and Dodge Grand Caravan (Windsor), Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger (Brampton), FCA Canada operates an aluminum casting plant in Etobicoke, a investigate and growth centre in Windsor, and has sales offices and tools placement centers via a country.