June 10, 2019
, Auburn Hills, Mich.
The 2020 Ram 1500 will turn America’s many absolute half-ton diesel pickup, with 480 lb.-ft. of torque, and many able light-duty diesel, with towing capability adult to 12,560 pounds. The all-new third-generation 3.0-liter V-6 EcoDiesel is also approaching to lead a shred on fuel economy.
“The new Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is America’s many absolute half-ton diesel pickup, following adult on Ram’s Heavy Duty torque care and achieving what no other manufacturer has, with adult to 480 lb.-ft. of torque in a 3.0-liter engine,” pronounced Reid Bigland, Head of Ram Brand. “The all-new EcoDiesel engine and a eTorque mild-hybrid powertrain technologies broach a top accessible fuel potency for a Ram 1500 customers.”
The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is accessible in all models and configurations, including a first-time charity in a Ram Rebel. The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel will go on sale in a fourth entertain of 2019. Pricing and fuel economy ratings will be announced closer to a truck’s on-sale date.
The 2019 Ram 1500 Classic is also offering with a discretionary second-generation 3.0-liter EcoDiesel.
All-new EcoDiesel Engine
The third era of a turbocharged 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 delivers augmenting torque and horsepower, along with glorious fuel economy and minimal levels of noise, quivering and rudeness (NVH) to accommodate a needs of Ram 1500 owners.
In a 2020 Ram 1500, a 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 is rated during a best-in-class 480 lb.-ft. of torque during 1,600 rpm, a 14 percent boost from a previous-generation EcoDiesel V-6 that peaks 400 rpm earlier. Horsepower increases 8 percent to 260 hp during 3,600 rpm.
Several poignant changes minister to a new EcoDiesel’s softened energetic and fuel economy performance.
- A new-generation water-cooled turbocharger with non-static geometry turbine (VGT) increases potency and responsiveness during transitory conditions
- Redesigned cylinder conduct intake ports urge whirl and flow, augmenting opening and fuel economy
- The empty gas recirculation (EGR) complement pattern has been updated to a twin loop (low and high pressure) system. The combined low-pressure dissemination complement draws gases after a diesel particulate filter, so minimizing turbocharger appetite losses, which increases fuel economy
- The application ratio has been optimized to 16.0:1 from 16.5:1
- High-pressure (29,000 psi/2,000 bar) direct-injection fuel injector nozzles were redesigned to compare a newly designed and optimized explosion chamber
- Lightweight aluminum amalgamate pistons were totally redesigned to embody thinner rings and low-friction cloaking on a pin and side skirts to revoke losses
- NVH has been reduced by offsetting piston pin by 0.3 millimeters from a centerline; thus, minimizing automatic noises
- The revoke apportionment of a two-piece oil sump uses a lightweight sandwiched polymer/metal element that serve reduces NVH
- The twin opening siphon complement uses electric and a new automatic low-friction siphon with new blades that urge altogether complement efficiency
The upgrades build on a EcoDiesel V-6’s prior success, a attributes and opening of that finished it a personality of “Wards 10 Best Engines” for 3 uninterrupted years (2014, 2015, 2016).
The 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 uses twin beyond camshafts (DOHC) with 4 valves per cylinder and a 60-degree angle between a cylinder banks. The retard is expel with compressed graphite iron, that provides strength to moderate vibrations, though weighs reduction than grey expel iron. A compressed graphite iron bedplate adds acerbity to a block.
The EcoDiesel V-6 uses a fake steel crankshaft and joining rods for strength and durability. The aluminum amalgamate pistons are cooled on a underside around oil jets. Heat-treated aluminum cylinder heads use particular temperament caps to revoke attrition and minimize NVH. The chain-driven beyond camshafts occupy roller-finger followers.
The 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 is constructed during a FCA Cento trickery in Ferrara, Italy.
The 2020 Ram 1500 is a no-compromise benchmark for durability, technology, potency and preference with facilities never-before offering in a pickup. The Ram 1500 facilities adult to 12,750 pounds of towing capability (5.7-liter HEMI® V-8) and 2,300 pounds of payload. Ram’s eTorque amiable hybrid complement delivers softened fuel potency in both V-6 (standard) and V-8 configurations. As a shred leader, a new Uconnect 4C with a large 12-inch touchscreen leads a pickup universe in technology, featuring split-screen capability, 360-degree camera views and disdainful calm from SiriusXM with 360L. Active reserve and certainty systems embody adaptive journey control, Forward Collision Warning, Blind-spot Monitoring and Ready Alert Braking. Class-leading float and doing is achieved around a class-exclusive link-coil back cessation complement with discretionary Active-level four-corner atmosphere suspension. The 2020 Ram 1500 also facilities twice a interior storage ability contra a competition.
Unsurpassed Powertrain Warranty – Five Years/100,000 Miles
The 2020 Ram 1500 is corroborated with a five-year /100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty, that covers a cost of all tools and labor indispensable to correct a lonesome powertrain member – engine, delivery and expostulate system.
The customary three-year/36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty provides bumper-to-bumper coverage for a Ram 1500, from a physique to a electrical system.
The 2020 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is built during a Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
About Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, a Ram Truck code launched as a stand-alone division, focused on assembly a final of lorry buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles.
That concentration leads Ram to pattern a industry’s many innovative, award-winning trucks, emphasizing durability, strength, record and efficiency.
With a full lineup of trucks, including ProMaster and ProMaster City vans, a Ram code builds trucks that get a tough work finished and families where they need to go. From a no-compromise Ram 1500 that defines a destiny of pickup trucks with innovative design, a top peculiarity materials and class-exclusive technology, to a Ram Heavy Duty that combines a ability to out-power, out-tow and out-haul each singular aspirant with a segment’s many gentle float and handling, Ram is committed to product leadership.
Ram continues to outperform a foe and sets a benchmarks for:
- Most powerful: 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Highest towing capacity: 35,100 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Heaviest payloads: 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with genuine wood, genuine leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best float and doing with disdainful couple curl back and auto-level atmosphere suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most able full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Most-awarded light-duty lorry in America
- Highest owners faithfulness of any half-ton pickup
- Over a final 30 years, Ram has a top commission of pickups still on a road
Giving limit bid all day, each day with confidence, the Ram Truck lineup stairs brazen with a full force of complicated capability providing confidence-inspiring facilities and class-exclusive car safety.
Follow Ram and FCA US news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com
Ram Zone blog: http://blog.ramtrucks.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RamTrucks and https://www.facebook.com/FiatChrysler.NorthAmerica/
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ramtrucks and www.instagram.com/FiatChrysler_NA
Twitter: www.twitter.com/RamTrucks and www.twitter.com/FiatChrysler_NA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/RamTrucks and www.youtube.com/fcanorthamerica