· With some-more engine choices, a 2018 F-150 is some-more fuel-efficient than ever; a all-new 2.7-litre EcoBoost is rated a best-in-class 20 mpg city, 26 mpg highway and 22 mpg total gas EPA fuel economy label
· New F-150 debuts with new, best-in-class 13,200-pound draw rating – interjection to some-more powerful, fit engine offerings featuring customary Auto Start-Stop and stretched accessibility of segment-first 10-speed SelectShift® involuntary transmission
· New lorry sports a worse pattern with bolder Built Ford Tough styling and a high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy physique and box
· Using accessible class-exclusive Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection and adaptive journey control with stop-and-go functionality, a 2018 F-150 can support drivers in undiluted trade – even requesting brakes to assistance forestall a collision; accessible Wi-Fi hotspot helps occupants stay connected on a go
DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 9, 2017 – Ford’s new F-150 debuts for 2018 even tougher, even smarter, and even some-more able than ever – with a many modernized powertrain lineup ever that delivers best-in-class towing, cargo and potency for America’s pickup drivers.
The new F-150 delivers a best-in-class gas 20 mpg city, 26 mpg highway and 22 mpg total EPA fuel economy tag from a all-new second-generation 2.7-litre EcoBoost engine, and best-in-class towing (13,200 lbs.; 5,988 kg) and cargo ability (3,270 lbs.; 1,483 kg) from a 3.5-litre EcoBoost and extended 5.0-litre V8, respectively.
“The Ford F-150 lineup again delivers on a guarantee to give full-size lorry business even some-more value, functionality and intelligent record innovations, with best-in-class towing, cargo and fuel economy,” pronounced Todd Eckert, Ford lorry organisation selling manager. “Our new F-150 highlights Ford’s joining to a overworked lorry business and how we listen to their final for their new F-150 to be even tougher, even smarter and even some-more able for work and play.”
Three years after introducing a high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy-bodied F-150, a new lorry arrives with confidant new styling, modernized technologies, a segment-first 10-speed involuntary delivery and F-150’s many modernized engine lineup yet, that includes a initial diesel ever for F-150. F-150 is partial of Ford’s F-Series lorry lineup – America’s best-selling lorry for 40 uninterrupted years and a best-selling car for 35 years.
New powertrain lineup for best-in-class payload, towing and gas mileage
The new F-150 offers a many modernized engine offerings ever – all to offer a right engine for each overworked lorry customer.
An all-new 2.7-litre EcoBoost® V6 with segment-exclusive SelectShift® 10-speed involuntary delivery delivers best-in-class EPA-estimated fuel economy of 20 mpg city, 26 mpg highway and 22 mpg combined. With modernized twin pier and direct-injection technology, a second-generation 2.7-litre EcoBoost engine delivers a 25 lb.-ft. boost in torque – and during revoke engine speeds compared to a normal V8. Like a second-generation 3.5-litre EcoBoost, this all-new 2.7-litre EcoBoost will be interconnected with Ford’s segment-exclusive 10-speed SelectShift involuntary transmission.
An extended 5.0-litre V8 boasts a best-in-class cargo ability of 3,270 pounds (1,483 kg). This routinely aspirated engine facilities poignant upgrades for 2018 including modernized twin pier and direct-injection record for 10 some-more horsepower and an additional 13 lb.-ft. of torque. Spray-on gimlet ship record also featured in a Shelby GT350® Mustang has been combined to fist out even some-more weight from a aluminum block. For a initial time, a V8 is interconnected with a 10-speed SelectShift automatic.
For best-in-class towing, a second-generation 3.5-litre EcoBoost V6 delivers 13,200 pounds (5,988 kg) of towing capacity, interjection to a 470 lb.-ft. of torque that beats all diesel- and gasoline-powered competitors, including V8 engines with scarcely twice a displacement. With twin pier and direct-injection technology, a 375-horsepower twin-turbo engine provides ideal low-end and rise engine opening for hauling complicated payloads and towing complicated trailers.
Even a all-new 3.3-litre V6 engine is some-more efficient, some-more absolute and delivers some-more torque to get a pursuit done, compared to a formerly customary 3.5-litre V6. Plus, a now customary 3.3-litre provides a 5 per cent power-to-weight ratio alleviation contra a 2014 F-150 featuring steel physique and 3.7-litre V6 – with improved fuel economy and opening bases on EPA-estimated ratings.
Designed, engineered and tested in-house, an all-new 3.0-litre Power Stroke® turbo diesel V6 interconnected with 10-speed SelectShift involuntary joins a F-150 engine lineup for 2018. The initial diesel engine charity for F-150 will be accessible subsequent spring.
F-150’s new powertrain lineup
New F-150 offers a many modernized engine offerings ever, including customary Auto Start-Stop. Specifically:
Raising a bar by segment-exclusive materials and technologies
More than only styling that creates visually bolder and some-more planted stance, a new F-150 continues to offer a segment-exclusive multiple of modernized materials that have proven continuance by endless real-world opening and stop corrosion. A high-strength, military-grade, aluminum amalgamate physique and box that saves weight and adds capability joined with a high-strength steel entirely boxed ladder frame.
The new Ford F-150 serve advances a light-duty pickup lorry marketplace with segment-first and class-exclusive technologies that urge productivity, potency and motorist confidence, while gripping occupants connected to a universe around them. Technologies include:
· New segment-first extended adaptive journey control with stop-and-go functionality is accessible to concede drivers to set a cruising speed. The complement afterwards uses radar and camera record to guard trade forward to say a set stretch between vehicles – even following a car down to a finish stop
· New segment-first Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection is accessible to assistance drivers equivocate or lessen collisions with other vehicles and pedestrians
· An accessible new embedded 4G LTE modem with Wi-Fi hotspot enables business to bond adult to 10 mobile inclination during one time, probably anywhere
· New BO PLAY audio complement is available, charity high-end speakers, sound and tuning for a richer, some-more enchanting listening experience
Existing segment-exclusive driver-assist and preference facilities include:
· Available Pro Trailer Backup Assist allows F-150 drivers of several ability levels to drive a trailer instinctively regulating a core console-mounted dial to fill-in a vessel launch or park in a driveway
· Available Blind Spot Information System with trailer coverage record is optimized for F-150 to embody adult to 33 feet of trailer length; BLIS® uses radar sensors in a taillamps to guard areas that might not be manifest to a motorist around a lorry and trailer
· Available 360-degree camera record helps urge motorist certainty when parking and can assistance revoke highlight when joining a trailer – permitting business to see some-more so they can concentration on specific tasks such as backing adult a hitch
· Available lane-keeping complement is designed to assistance revoke flapping of a lorry outward a dictated lane
The new 2018 Ford F-150 goes on sale this fall. It will be built during Dearborn Truck Plant in Dearborn, Michigan, and Kansas City Assembly Plant in Claycomo, Missouri.