, ROLLE, Switzerland
NISSAN ANNOUNCES THE JUKE-R — THE ULTIMATE COMPACT CROSSOVER
Juke-R to inject new fad into a crossover market
- Juke and GT-R brought together to emanate a ultimate compress crossover
- One-off judgment to exam a public’s greeting to a severely sporty Juke
- Underlines a compress crossover’s fun factor
- Fully highway authorised with GT-R expostulate train
- Developed for Nissan by RML with submit from Nissan Technical Centre for Europe (NTC-E)
- Car now in development; approaching to finish initial tests in November
Question: What do we get when we cranky a Nissan Juke with a Nissan GT-R?
Answer: The fastest, many sparkling and adventurous compress crossover in a world.
Not calm with re-shaping a new automobile marketplace by pioneering a crossover – a success reflected in a mountainous sales of a Qashqai and Juke models – Nissan is now formulating a Juke-R, a initial ever super crossover.
Currently underneath development, a confidant pattern of a Juke is transparent to see. However, with a further of flared circle arches, revised front and back bumpers and a singular separate back wing, this is no customary crossover. It’s a Juke that thinks it’s a GT-R, and with good reason.
However, a automobile is not for production. It is a one-off, highway authorised judgment automobile grown by Nissan and built by heading motorsports outfit RML with submit from Nissan Technology Centre for Europe (NTC-E).
Under a hood is a 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 engine adopted directly from Nissan’s flagship supercar. Under a building hides a GT-R’s six-speed transaxle, with a front and back ends assimilated by a mutated GT-R 4WD driveline and column shaft, while corpulent 20-inch RAYS fake amalgamate rims fill any circle arch.
The interior merges crossover and supercar with finesse, as a Juke’s dashboard has been remade to accommodate a gauges, dials and 7-inch customisable LCD arrangement from a GT-R. The Juke’s iconic core console, desirous by a fuel tank of a motorcycle, stays while a rest of a interior has a demeanour of a appurtenance bred for a track. Twin race-seats with five-point harnesses lay inside a manifest hurl enclosure that gives FIA reserve standards as good as extended acerbity to yield a ultimate performance.
“Nissan Juke is one of a many sparkling cars on a marketplace today. Its confidant crossover pattern has prisoner a imagination of automobile buyers all over Europe; after only a year on sale we are celebrating sales of some-more than 100,000 units,” pronounced Paul Willcox, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing for Nissan in Europe.
“Juke lends itself ideally to a sports derivative and Juke-R explores that territory. Equally during home on highway and track, Juke-R showcases dual of a many sparkling cars in a operation and highlights a technical creation that drives Nissan. This automobile will some-more than live adult to a energetic pushing knowledge we operative into all a cars.”
For full sum on Juke-R and to follow a car’s development, greatfully visit: https://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/NissanJukeOfficial
Notes to Editors:
Only dual Juke-Rs will be created, one in left-hand-drive and one in right-hand-drive.
Nissan has been racing given a 1960s and now competes in a FIA GT1 World Championship, Super GT, LMP2 and many other engine racing events around a world.
Nissan is a owner of GT Academy – a singular foe on Playstation’s Gran Turismo that provides a dream come loyal event for video gamers to turn genuine life racing drivers.
Nissan and RML
Nissan has enrolled a imagination of RML for several dilettante projects over a past 21 years.
- 1984 – Ray Mallock Limited (RML) was founded by competition motorist and motorsport operative Ray Mallock. The association started by building and using sports prototypes in a World Sportscar Championship.
- 1990 – RML initial became concerned with Nissan with a group using a works-backed R90C antecedent during Le Mans. The lead automobile took stick position, led a competition for 5 hours and claimed fastest path before being sidelined.
- 1998-1999 – RML runs works-backed Nissan Primeras in a British Touring Car Championship, winning Team and Manufacturer titles in both 1998 and 1999, with Laurent Aïello claiming a drivers’ championship in 1999.
- 2003 – RML creates a “wolf in sheep’s clothing” for Nissan as a dual companies betray a Micra-R – a chronicle of a gullible city automobile sporting a full works Nissan Primera racing engine where a back seats used to be. The engine was after transposed by a V6 engine from a Nissan 350Z.
For some-more information, greatfully contact:
Lucie REMY – Product Communications
Email: [email protected]
Nissan in Europe
Nissan has one of a many extensive European presences of any abroad manufacturer, contracting some-more than 12,500 staff opposite locally-based design, investigate development, manufacturing, logistics and sales selling operations. Last year Nissan plants in a UK, Spain and Russia constructed some-more than 528,000 vehicles including mini-MPVs, award-winning crossovers, SUVs and blurb vehicles. Nissan now offers 24 different and innovative products for sale in Europe today, and is positioned to turn a series one Japanese code in Europe.