- All-new, second-generation Armada comparison as leader in a Best SUV category
- Noted by Popular Mechanics editorial staff for three-row seating and “luxury-SUV knowledge during a Nissan price”
- Equipped with new 390-horsepower 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 and 7-speed involuntary delivery – charity best-in-class1 limit horsepower
- Offers 8-passenger seating, 8,500-pound customary towing capacity
- Available in a operation of 3 high-content class levels in both 2-wheel-drive and 4-wheel-drive configurations
NEW YORK – The all-new 2017 Nissan Armada full-size SUV has been comparison as Popular Mechanics’ “SUV of a Year” in a annual Automotive Excellence emanate of a magazine, that is accessible now during newsstands national (May 2017 cover date). The “SUV of a Year” prize is being presented in and with a 2017 New York International Auto Show.
The magazine’s editorial staff drives any aspirant in any given shred and picks one leader – there is no second place and no difficulty subdivisions. In selecting a totally redesigned Armada, a editors wrote: “For those who need 3 rows of seats and low-range 4-wheel drive, a new Armada does it best.”
The all-new 2017 Armada is built on a birthright of a Nissan Patrol, that has been a workhorse for a universe for many decades. While it is dictated essentially for family adventures here in North America, a Armada stays loyal to a roots as a strong, durable and authentic full-size 8-passenger SUV.
The editors also commended a full-size Armada for a multiple of upmarket apparatus and facilities during an receptive price, writing: “The Armada delivers a luxury-SUV knowledge during a Nissan price.” The 2017 Armada has a starting MSRP2 of $44,900.
“As a flagship indication in a expanding Nissan SUV and crossover portfolio, Armada offers best-in-class1 limit horsepower, a operation of class-exclusive1 accessible reserve and confidence features, and an interior that you’d pattern to find in a most some-more costly vehicle,” pronounced Michael Bunce, clamp president, Product Planning, Nissan North America, Inc. “Already in 2017, Armada sales are adult scarcely 156 percent – definition a lot of people are in agreement with a experts during Popular Mechanics.”
Key distinctions between a 2017 Armada and a prior era embody a uninformed extraneous design, extended opening from a new 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 with best-in-class1 390-horsepower and a new 7-speed involuntary transmission, a gentle full-feature cabin and class-exclusive1 accessible reserve and confidence facilities – including Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW)3, Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)4, Backup Collision Intervention (BCI)5 and Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD)6.
The 2017 Armada also offers an well-developed array of customary features, including Nissan Navigation with NavTraffic and NavWeather information (SiriusXM® subscription required, sole separately) and 8.0-inch tone display, exhilarated front seats and a 13-speaker Bose® audio system.
As partial of a adventure-ready spirit, a new Armada offers customary towing ability of 8,500 pounds for both 4WD and 2WD models (when scrupulously equipped). The durable eccentric double-wishbone front and back cessation provides well-spoken float comfort and manageable doing for both on-road and off-road driving.
The 2017 Armada is accessible in a operation of 3 high-content class levels – SV, SL and Platinum – in both 2-wheel-drive and 4-wheel-drive configurations. It is on sale now during Nissan dealerships nationwide.
The all-new Armada will be on arrangement during a 2017 New York International Auto Show, Apr 14 by 23 during a Jacob Javits Convention Center. For some-more information on a 2017 Armada and a finish Nissan car lineup, greatfully revisit www.NissanNews.com.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan’s operations embody automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, placement and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving a sourroundings underneath a Nissan Green Program and has been famous annually by a U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of a Year given 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and a finish line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online during www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or revisit a U.S. media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
About Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Nissan is a tellurian full-line car manufacturer that sells some-more than 60 models underneath a Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. In mercantile year 2015, a association sole some-more than 5.4 million vehicles globally, generating income of 12.2 trillion yen. Nissan engineers, manufactures and markets a world’s best-selling all-electric car in history, a Nissan LEAF. Nissan’s tellurian domicile in Yokohama, Japan, manages operations in 6 regions: ASEAN Oceania; Africa, Middle East India; China; Europe; Latin America and North America. Nissan has been partnered with French manufacturer Renault given 1999 and Mitsubishi Motors given 2016 underneath a Renault-Nissan Alliance.
# # #
1. Comparison formed on 2017 Nissan Armada vs. latest in-market Ward’s Large Sport Utility shred (excluding extended length vehicles). Source: manufacturer’s website.
2. MSRP excludes germane tax, title, permit fees and end charges. Dealer sets tangible price. Prices and specs are theme to change but notice. Destination and doing $1,095.
3. PFCW is dictated to advise we before a collision occurs; it can't forestall a collision. Speed and other stipulations apply. See Owner’s Manual for details.
4. Blind Spot Intervention is not a surrogate for correct line change procedure. The complement will not forestall hit with other vehicles or accidents. It might not detect any car or intent around you.
5. Backup Collision Intervention will not detect any object, and speed stipulations apply. Always check vicinity and spin to demeanour behind we before relocating vehicle. See Owner’s Manual for details.
6. AVM with MOD can't totally discharge blind spots and might not detect any object. MOD operates during vehicles speeds next 5 mph. Always check vicinity before relocating vehicle. Not a surrogate for correct subsidy procedures. Always spin to check what is behind we before subsidy up.