- Nissan earns sum of 6 honors during Texas Auto Writers Association annual Texas Truck Rodeo – a many of any code – including “SUV of Texas” pretension for all-new 2017 Armada
- Nissan TITAN lineup takes home 3 awards – “Full-size Truck of Texas,” “Commercial Vehicle of Texas” and “Best Value”
- Nissan Murano respected as “Mid-size Crossover of Texas” for second uninterrupted year; Armada also adds “Full-size SUV of Texas” title
- Honors support Nissan’s “Year of a Truck” – a jubilee of Nissan’s new TITAN lineup, Armada, Pathfinder, Rogue and some-more via 2016
AUSTIN, Texas – The all-new 2017 Nissan Armada full-size SUV has been named “SUV of Texas” by a Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) in their 2016 Texas Truck Rodeo, an annual eventuality that puts a industry’s best truck, SUVs and CUVs by a exhausting two-day evaluation.
The event, hold this year during a 1,632-acre Longhorn River Ranch in Dripping Springs, Texas, enclosed exhausting on-road and off-road evaluations. Nissan vehicles won a sum of 6 awards, including 3 for a new TITAN full-size pickup lineup. The 2017 Armada, TITAN and Murano – that was named “Mid-size Crossover of Texas” for a second uninterrupted year – are on sale now during Nissan dealers nationwide.
“We’re respected to have a all-new 2017 Nissan Armada famous by a SUV experts of a Texas Auto Writers Association,” pronounced Fred Diaz, multiplication clamp boss and ubiquitous manager, North America Trucks and Light Commercial Vehicles, Nissan North America, Inc. “Armada provides a singular multiple of luxury, energy and utility, including best-in-class1 customary towing and a apartment of modernized Nissan Safety Shield technologies such as Predictive Forward Collision Warning2 and Backup Collision Intervention.3”
The new Armada includes a uninformed extraneous design, extended opening from a new 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 with best-in-class* 390-horsepower and new 7-speed involuntary transmission, a gentle full-feature cabin and class-exclusive1 accessible reserve and confidence facilities – including Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW), Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)4, Backup Collision Intervention (BCI)3 and Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD)5.
“Nissan’s new Armada done a genuine sense on a reporters proof a off-road bravery on a severe new exam course,” pronounced Nic Phillips, president, TAWA. “High outlines were remarkable for a new Endurance V8 powertrain’s low-end torque, interior refinements and a high value tender in a full-size, entirely able SUV shred in Texas.”
Three iterations of a 2017 TITAN pickup finished during a tip of their categories:
- “Full-size Truck of Texas” for a new TITAN Texas Edition SL Crew Cab, that offers a operation of tradition coming facilities including a special chrome grille and 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- “Commercial Vehicle of Texas” for a new TITAN XD Single Cab Diesel, a loyal workhorse designed to tackle a toughest jobs, powered by a Cummins® 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel, that is rated during 310 horsepower and 555 lb-ft of torque
- “Best Value” for a new TITAN XD Single Cab, a work-site prepared affordable lorry powered by a 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 or Cummins® 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel
For a 2017 indication year, a Nissan full-size pickup lineup has stretched with a attainment of a TITAN half-ton. Powered by Nissan’s new 390-horsepower 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 engine, a TITAN half-ton is accessible primarily in a ample Crew Cab body, in both 4×4 and 4×2 configurations and in 5 well-equipped class levels: S, SV, PRO-4X, SL and Platinum Reserve. TITAN half-ton joins a absolute TITAN XD, that debuted in final year and was named “2016 Truck of Texas.”
All 2017 TITAN models are lonesome by Nissan’s recently announced “America’s Best Truck Warranty” 6 – featuring bumper-to-bumper coverage of 5-years/100,000-miles, whichever comes first. Vehicles lonesome by a new warranty, that includes simple and powertrain coverage, embody all TITAN V8 gasoline-powered models and diesel and V8 gasoline-powered 2017 TITAN XD models.
“Nissan is shamed by a approval of these perceptive lorry experts who have famous a innovation, quality, drivability, reserve and value opposite a whole lorry lineup, including a TITAN, TITAN XD and new high-value Single Cab configuration,” combined Diaz. “For TITAN to be named ‘Full-Size Truck of Texas’ for a Texas book TITAN is a genuine respect – as Texas has positively played a outrageous purpose in a expansion of a expanding lineup of American TITAN trucks.”
The Nissan Murano – personality of a 2015 “Mid-size Crossover of Texas” – garnered a second true respect from TAWA members in 2016, adding a “Mid-size Crossover of Texas” approval to a “Activity Vehicle of Texas” pretension awarded final spring. Murano, that is apropos one of a many awarded vehicles in Nissan history, has found a special place in buyers’ hearts, with sales adult some-more than 35 percent so distant this year.
“Murano’s head-turning, matter creation styling inside and out continues to enforce a Texas Auto Writers to commend Nissan’s mid-size crossover as personality in personal appeal,” combined Phillips. “Murano’s showing, and a TITAN lineup and Armada’s showing, tender a reporters opposite a house in this year’s Texas Truck Rodeo – that was a many rival eventuality in a history.”
For some-more information on a 2017 Nissan Armada, TITAN, TITAN XD and Murano, along with a finish Nissan lorry and SUV lineup, greatfully revisit www.NissanNews.com.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan’s operations embody automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, placement and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving a sourroundings underneath a Nissan Green Program and has been famous annually by a U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of a Year given 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and a finish line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online during www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or revisit a U.S. media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
About Nissan Motor Co.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is partial of a Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with some-more than 247,500 employees globally, Nissan sole 5.32 million vehicles and generated income of 11.38 trillion yen (USD 103.6 billion) in mercantile year 2014. Nissan delivers a extensive operation of some-more than 60 models underneath a Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. Nissan leads a universe in zero-emission mobility, dominated by sales of a LEAF, a initial mass-market, pure-electric vehicle. It is a best-selling EV in story with roughly 50% share of a zero-emission car segment. For some-more information on a products, services and joining to tolerable mobility, revisit a website during http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
The Texas Auto Writers Association, Inc. was founded in 1985 by automotive reporters who wanted to yield an entrance of veteran growth, expansion and networking. These professionals sought to emanate an automotive eventuality that was singular to Texas, and a outcome was a TAWA Truck Rodeo. Since 1992, Truck Rodeos have been hold in San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Granbury and Spring Branch. In 2003, TAWA combined an eventuality for sedans, sports cars, and other vehicles not authorised for a Truck Rodeo. The Texas Auto Roundup, as a eventuality is called today, is hold during a Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth. For some-more information, revisit www.texasautowriters.org.
# # #
1. Comparison formed on 2017 Nissan Armada vs. latest in-market Ward’s Large Sport Utility shred (excluding extended length vehicles). Source: manufacturer’s website.
2. PFCW is dictated to advise we before a collision occurs; it can't forestall a collision. Speed other stipulations apply. See owner’s primer for details.
3. BCI will not detect each object, and speed stipulations apply. Always check vicinity and spin to demeanour behind we before relocating vehicle. See owner’s primer for details.
4. Blind Spot Intervention is not a surrogate for correct line change procedures. The complement will not forestall hit with other vehicles or accidents. It might not detect each car or intent around you.
5. AVM with MOD can't totally discharge blind spots and might not detect each object. MOD operates during vehicles speeds next 5 mph. Always check vicinity and spin to demeanour behind we before relocating vehicle.
6. “Claim formed on years/mileage (whichever occurs first) lonesome underneath a particular 2017 New Vehicle Limited Warranty simple coverage. Comparison formed on Ward’s 2016 Large Pickup Segmentation and Small Pickup Segmentation v. 2017 TITAN and TITAN XD. Comparison formed on publicly accessible information on manufacturers’ website. Claim stream during a time of printing. Nissan’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty simple coverage excludes tires, powertrain coverage, gnawing coverage and sovereign and California glimmer opening and forsake coverage (applicable coverage is supposing underneath other apart warranties). The powertrain coverage is 5 years or 100,000 miles (whichever occurs first). Other ubiquitous exclusions and terms and conditions also apply. For finish information concerning coverage, conditions and exclusions, see your Nissan play and review a tangible New Vehicle Limited Warranty booklet.”