YOKOHAMA, Japan – Nissan has total a prophesy to make electric vehicles even some-more useful to business by introducing new accessible ways to implement their batteries’ ability to store and share energy.
Under a plan, called Nissan Energy, owners of Nissan’s electric vehicles will be means to simply bond their cars with appetite systems to assign their batteries, appetite homes and businesses or feed appetite behind to appetite grids. The association will also rise new ways to reuse electric automobile batteries.
Nissan has already begun programs in a U.S., Japan and Europe directed during formulating an “ecosystem” around a operation of electric vehicles, including a Nissan LEAF, a world’s best-selling electric car. Nissan Energy brings these initiatives together as partial of a company’s Nissan Intelligent Mobility strategy.
“Nissan Energy will capacitate a business to use their electric cars for many some-more than only pushing – now they can be used in scarcely each aspect of a customer’s lives,” pronounced executive clamp boss Daniele Schillaci, Nissan’s tellurian conduct of marketing, sales and electric vehicles. “Our Nissan Intelligent Mobility prophesy calls for changing how cars are integrated with society, and Nissan Energy turns that prophesy into reality.”
Nissan Energy will settle new standards for joining vehicles to appetite systems by 3 pivotal initiatives:
Nissan Energy Supply, Nissan Energy Share and Nissan Energy Storage.
High-profile Nissan Energy initiatives extend to a accumulation of locations, including Nissan’s North American headquarters:
- Franklin, Tennessee: Nissan North America will be piloting a use of LEAF vehicles to support in powering a domicile comforts during rise electrical direct times, anticipating poignant cost savings
- Hagen, Germany: LEAF vehicles will be used as a haven for a German electricity grid, in an innovative commander plan involving Nissan, record association The Mobility House, appetite retailer ENERVIE and delivery complement user Amprion
- Japan: Nissan is operative with partners such as electric and telecom companies, conducting margin tests of vehicle-to-grid and practical appetite plant systems to endorse and foster opportunities for electric vehicles to support with handling energy
Click picture to enlarge
Nissan Energy Supply: Providing a connected charging solutions business need during home, on a highway and during their destination
Customers wish to assign their electric vehicles when it’s many convenient, and a infancy of charging takes place during home. Nissan’s efforts to support business includes verifying either charging equipment, such as electrical sockets or wall boxes, can be connected to Nissan electric vehicles safely (market-dependent).
Away from home, business can make use of a fast-growing CHAdeMO charging network – one of a world’s largest, with some-more than 22,000 quick-charging points globally.
Finding charging locations and hooking into a network – permitting Nissan Energy Supply to come alive – is done probable by a revised LEAF navigation complement and simply accessible NissanConnect app.
Nissan Energy Share: Working with partners to strap appetite formation intensity
The batteries in an electric automobile can do some-more than only appetite a vehicle; they can also offer as mobile appetite storage devices. Nissan vehicles already on a highway enclose some-more than 10 GWh of total storage potential. Nissan Energy Share capabilities bond a vehicles with society’s infrastructure to concede them to share their high-capacity battery appetite with a connected home or building. They also concede a cars to couple to a internal appetite grid to act as practical appetite plants – provision a vehicle’s appetite to a grid and contributing to fit appetite management. Thanks to these capabilities, business will be means to share gangling battery ability though compromising their mobility.
Nissan has already carried out Energy Share commander programs in Japan, a U.S., Europe and other markets, collaborating with several companies and organizations. Once a commander tests are completed, Nissan will be prepared to fast commercialize a systems.
- Vehicle-to-home (V2H): Nissan is operative with partners to move inexpensive apparatus to a marketplace to popularize V2H. Using V2H, owners of Nissan electric vehicles can use their cars as a appetite source for a domicile to save income on electricity bills, or as backup appetite during blackouts or emergencies. This allows a use of renewable appetite when available, or when electricity is cheaper.
- Vehicle-to-building (V2B): Similar to V2H, V2B creates use of electric automobile batteries to store appetite for buildings and businesses. However, a V2B complement can engage hundreds of vehicles to comprehend vital cost assets for a company. Full-scale trials of V2B systems have already started in many countries, and Nissan has been operative with partners with a aim of bringing a systems to marketplace in 2019.
- Vehicle-to-grid (V2G): Nissan has shaped partnerships with application companies and governments to strap V2G capabilities. In trials in Europe, Nissan cars are providing mixed services to a electricity grid – assisting change appetite networks and incorporate renewable energy. Working with partners, Nissan is piloting ways to let business acquire additional income by pity appetite from their vehicles when they are not being differently used, though inspiring a customer’s mobility needs or a health of a vehicles.
Nissan Energy Storage: Providing a “second life” to an electric vehicle’s battery
The life of a Nissan electric vehicle’s battery isn’t over after it has finished powering a car. The battery can be recycled and refurbished for a series of opposite uses – from powering electric forklifts and generators to provision appetite to a sports arena. As some-more and some-more business switch to electric cars, a accessibility of used lithium-ion batteries is approaching to boost significantly as owners reinstate their vehicles.
These are some of a Nissan Energy Storage programs to date:
- Japan: In 2010, Nissan assimilated army with Sumitomo Corp. to settle 4R Energy Corp., that repurposes lithium-ion batteries from electric cars for new uses. The initial 4R Energy plant non-stop a doors in Mar 2018. By regulating a battery-refabricating capabilities of 4R Energy Corp., Nissan is means to reuse batteries for EV applications, store appetite or appetite complicated equipment, among other uses.
- Europe: Nissan has been reusing electric automobile batteries as partial of an advanced home appetite solution. In a U.K, a association has total that appetite storage with advanced solar panels. In June, Nissan inaugurated Europe’s biggest appetite storage system during Holland’s Johan Cruyff Arena. Powered by 148 Nissan LEAF batteries, a complement operates exclusively from a categorical appetite grid.
- South America: Nissan Brazil and a Federal University of Santa Catarina have sealed a chit of vigilant to exam solutions and destiny applications for used EV batteries.
“Nissan now offers business a loyal EV ecosystem with Nissan Energy,” pronounced Schillaci. “This is what we feel is a “new customary for electrification’ – it’s not only about owning a automobile though holding advantage of all a compared benefits, for a patron and multitude overall.”
# # #
Deputy General Manager
For some-more information about a products, services and joining to tolerable mobility, visit
nissan-global.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and see all a latest videos on YouTube.