- Nissan’s Destination Frontier1 one-off lorry is a rarely capable, high value and peculiarity overlanding supply that can be combined for around $40,0002
- Key modifications embody 3-inch lift kit, rooftop tent, light bars, bed racks and winch
- The tradition Destination Frontier will be on arrangement during annual Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, Ariz. May 17–19
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – Hobbies don’t have to cost a fortune. That’s a matter Nissan is creation with a entrance currently of a one-off Destination Frontier, a rarely capable, high-quality overlanding lorry built on a budget.
Overlanding is an sparkling form of outside adventuring holding participants into sometimes-extreme turf and meridian conditions – mostly suspicion to be usually for ultra-expensive mutated trucks and SUVs. All in, a Destination Frontier one-off lorry can be combined for around $40,0002.
“This special Destination Frontier is designed to do dual things: first, denote Frontier’s durability, peculiarity and reliability, even when roving to remote destinations. And second, to assistance democratize a overlanding knowledge by arrangement a some-more affordable proceed to a sport,” pronounced Tiago Castro, director, Light Commercial Vehicles, Nissan North America, Inc.
Starting with a 2019 Frontier Crew Cab SV 4×4 Midnight Edition, a modifications combine on extended belligerent clearway and altogether physique and drivetrain insurance from off-trail obstacles. First, a Nisstec 3-inch lift pack and Nitto Trail Grappler off-road tires mounted on American Racing AX201 wheels were installed, providing a overlanding-necessitated additional tallness and severe turf traction.
A Hefty Fabworks front bumper, movement plates and stone sliders were combined for an additional turn of insurance for a engine, delivery and body. Also combined adult front was a absolute WARN Industries ZEON 10-S winch, WARN Winch Roller Fairlead and WARN Epic Winch Hook for assisting negotiate additional tough situations.
Since overlanding adventures are famous to extend over elementary day trips, a Leitner Designs bed rack, surfaced with a CVT Mt. Shasta rooftop tent, was combined along with apparatus such as a Dometic fridge/freezer and slider, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray and Baja Designs LP6 Pro lights. Helping keep a sand and sand where it belongs – off a runner – are WeatherTech building mats.
Frontier offers well-developed acceleration, towing ability and all-around off-roading ability. Its absolute engine – a 4.0-liter DOHC V6 producing 261 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque – is privately tuned for a singular final of lorry use. Frontier’s limit towing capacity3 is rated adult to 6,720 lbs. when scrupulously equipped.
With a starting MSRP4 of $19,090, a 2019 Frontier stays America’s many affordable pickup5.
“As a multiple-time peculiarity endowment recipient, Frontier has a extensive repute for peculiarity and continuance – creation it a superb height for overland adventures where a nearest use hire or highway could be miles away,” combined Castro. “We trust Destination Frontier will hint a imagination of business who would like to get into overlanding though don’t wish to spend a happening in a process.”
The Nissan Destination Frontier will be on arrangement during a 2019 Overland Expo West, May 17 by 19, during Ft. Tuthill County Park in Flagstaff, Ariz.
For some-more information on Nissan’s family of overlanding suitable trucks and SUVs, including Frontier, TITAN, Armada and NV Van, greatfully revisit NissanNews.com
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan’s operations embody automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, placement and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving a sourroundings underneath a Nissan Green Program and has been famous annually by a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of a Year given 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and a finish line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online during www.nissanusa.com and www.infinitiusa.com, or revisit a U.S. media sites nissannews.com and infinitinews.com.
For some-more information about a products, services and joining to tolerable mobility, revisit nissan-global.com. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and see all a latest videos on YouTube.
# # #
Nissan Lifecycle and Brand Communications
1. Nissan Destination Frontier is a plan car not accessible for purchase. Includes non-Nissan accessories that are not fitting by Nissan. Cargo and bucket ability singular by weight and distribution. Always secure cargo. Heavy loading of a car with cargo, generally on a roof, will impact a doing and fortitude of a vehicle.
2. Price includes car and parts. Costs might change and do not embody labor. Price does not embody tradition wrap.
3. 6,720 lbs. limit towing ability when scrupulously equipped. Towing ability varies by configuration. See Nissan Towing Guide and Owner’s Manual for additional information.
4. MSRP excludes germane tax, title, permit fees and end charges. Dealer sets tangible price. Prices and specs are theme to change but notice. Destination and doing $1,045.
5. Ward’s Small and Large Pickup Segments compared. 2019 Frontier vs. latest in-market competitors. Based on lowest MSRP models. Price is Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). MSRP excludes tax, title, license, destination/handling fees and discretionary equipment. Dealer sets tangible price. Comparison formed on manufacturer websites.