, FRANKLIN, Tenn.
NISSAN NORTH AMERICA SALES INCREASE 7.7% FOR RECORD DECEMBER
– 2011 best-ever year for Nissan Div. adult 17.3% on strength of Altima, Rogue, Versa –
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) currently reported record Dec U.S. sales of 100,927 units contra 93,730 units a year earlier, an boost of 7.7 percent. Nissan Division sales also set a new Dec record, augmenting 10.7 percent for a month to 89,937 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles 12.1 decreased percent from a before year, to 10,990 units.
NNA finished a calendar year with 2011 sales totaling 1,042,534 units, with a Nissan Division saying a record year with sales of 944,073 units and Infiniti shutting a year with 98,461 deliveries.
- Nissan vehicles posted record Dec sales with 89,937 units, an boost of 10.7 percent over a 81,228 units sole in Dec 2010.
- In 2011, Nissan vehicles achieved a record, with sales of 944,073 units a 17.3 percent boost over 2010.
- The Nissan Altima continues to arrange among a best-selling cars in a United States, with 25,976 units in Dec imprinting an boost of 12.9 percent over a before year. Altima sales totaled 268,981 in 2011, a 17.3 percent boost from 2010 deliveries.
- Versa, spurred by a all-new 2012 Versa Sedan, saw record yearly sales, totaling 99,730 for 2011.
- The Rogue crossover also delivered a Dec record, as good as a calendar year record, with sales of 12,286 units in Dec (up 18.6 percent) contributing to an annual sum of 124,543 a 25.1 percent boost over final year.
- Nissan’s lorry lineup showed poignant gains over final December, adult 27.5 percent led by Frontier (up 48.7 percent) and Murano (up 13.3 percent).
- Sales of a 100-percent electric Nissan LEAF totaled 954 units in December, with deliveries totaling 9,674 given a vehicle’s Dec 2010 U.S. debut. With sales surpassing 21,000 globally, a Nissan LEAF is a world’s best-selling electric car.
- Infiniti sales totaled 10,990 units for December, a diminution of 12.1 percent contra 12,502 a year earlier.
- Calendar year sales for Infiniti were down 4.8 percent, with sales totaling 98,461 units in 2011 contra 103,411 units in 2010.
- Infiniti QX sales of 1,735 showed an boost of 7.8 percent for December, a best month in some-more than 7 years, and a full-size oppulance SUV had an boost of 12.7 percent 13,428 units for a year.
- With sales of 5,399 in December, a Infiniti G Sedan had a best month in 2011, contributing to an boost of 5.1 percent for a year.
“Although 2011 had some singular hurdles stemming from healthy disasters in Japan and Thailand and capricious mercantile conditions around a globe, Nissan managed a predicament improved than most, permitting a lineup to benefit movement via a year,” pronounced Al Castignetti, clamp boss and ubiquitous manager, Nissan Sales. “Strong consumer direct for vehicles like a Altima, Rogue, Versa and LEAF helped propel us to a record 2011. With new core Nissan models on a way, we design 2012 to be even better.”
NOTE: To safeguard coherence in tellurian sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for a series of offered days. Dec 2011 had 27 offered days, as did Dec 2010.
About Nissan Americas
In a Americas, Nissan’s operations embody automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, placement and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving a sourroundings underneath a Nissan Green Program and was famous as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of a Year by a U.S Environmental Protection Agency in 2010 and 2011. More information, including photos and video b-roll, on Nissan in North America, a Nissan LEAF and 0 emissions can be found during www.nissanusa.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is partial of a Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with some-more than 248,000 employees globally, Nissan supposing business with some-more than 4.1 million vehicles in 2010, generating income of 8.77 trillion yen ($102.37 billion U.S.). With a clever joining to building sparkling and innovative products for all, Nissan delivers a extensive operation of 64 models underneath a Nissan and Infiniti brands. A colonize in zero-emission mobility, Nissan done story with a introduction of a Nissan LEAF, a initial affordable, mass-market, pure-electric car and leader of countless general accolades, including 2011 World Car of a Year.
For some-more information on a products, services and joining to Sustainable Mobility, revisit a website during http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
Nissan North America
Tel # 615-725-1447