, FRANKLIN, Tenn.
NISSAN NORTH AMERICA SALES RISE 19.2% IN AUGUST
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) currently reported Aug U.S. sales of 91,541 units contra 76,827 units a year earlier, an boost of 19.2 percent. Nissan Division sales increasing 22.4 percent for a month with 82,517 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles decreased 4.3 percent from a before year, to 9,024 units.
- Nissan vehicles posted Aug sales of 82,517 units, an boost of 22.4 percent over a 67,399 units sole in Aug 2010.
- The launch of a all-new Versa Sedan helped boost sales of a Versa subcompact by 14.9 percent to 8,566 in August.
- Strong sales of a Nissan Altima continue, with 23,016 units imprinting an Aug boost of 24.5 percent over a before year.
- Sales of a Rogue crossover achieved a record in August, adult 13.2 percent with 11,467 deliveries.
- Deliveries of all-electric Nissan LEAF totaled 1,362 in August, with 6,187 units sole given a Dec 2010 launch.
- The Nissan Juke continues to outperform progressing projections, with Aug sales totaling 3,464 units.
- Infiniti sales totaled 9,024 units for a month of August, a diminution of 4.3 percent contra 9,428 a year earlier.
- Infiniti G Sedan sales of 4,267 symbol an boost of 8.7 percent from before year, ancillary a boost of 1.4 percent.
- With sales of 1,148 for a month of August, a Infiniti QX has a year-over-year boost of 11.3 percent.
- August sales showed a 21.8 percent boost from July.
“Nissan expects to see continued market-share gains interjection to improved car accessibility than pivotal competitors and clever performances by a tip sellers: a Altima, Rogue and Versa,” pronounced Al Castignetti, clamp boss and ubiquitous manager, Nissan Division. “The 2012 Versa Sedan is off to a good start and is positioning us to say a care in a rival subcompact segment.”
NOTE: To safeguard coherence in tellurian sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for a series of offered days. Aug 2011 had 26 offered days, while Aug 2010 had 25 offered days.
About Nissan Americas
In a Americas, Nissan’s operations embody automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, placement and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving a sourroundings underneath a Nissan Green Program and was famous as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of a Year by a U.S Environmental Protection Agency in 2010 and 2011. More information, including photos and video b-roll, on Nissan in North America, a Nissan LEAF and 0 emissions can be found during www.nissanusa.com.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan’s second largest Japanese automotive association by volume, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan and is an constituent post of a Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with some-more than 150,000 employees globally, Nissan supposing business with some-more than 4 million vehicles in 2010. With a clever joining to building sparkling and innovative products for all, Nissan delivers a extensive operation of fuel-efficient and low-emissions vehicles underneath a Nissan and Infiniti brands. A colonize in 0 glimmer mobility, Nissan done story with a introduction of a Nissan LEAF, a initial affordable, mass-market, pure-electric car and leader of countless general accolades including a prestigious 2011 World Car of a Year award.
# # #
Nissan North America
Tel # 615-725-1447