In autumn 2018, Porsche denounced a new 935 on a arise of a Rennsport Reunion VI during Laguna Seca Raceway in California (USA). The awe in a throng was as good as a cheers and acclaim of a fans of ancestral and complicated vehicles from Weissach. The 515 kW (700 hp) racer featuring a physique suggestive of a mythological Porsche 935/78 will be constructed in a singular series of 77 units.
The competition car’s record for bar racing events and private training on racetracks is formed on a 911 GT2 RS* high-performance sports car. Like a ancestral predecessor, many of a physique has been transposed or supplemented by carbon-fibre combination tools (CFRP). With a streamlined extended rear, a 935 reaches a length of 4.87 metres. The breadth of a disdainful clubsport racer measures 2.03 metres.
The ultra-modern “Moby Dick”
The fantastic aerodynamics is a totally new growth and pays reverence to a Porsche 935/78 Le Mans competition car, that fans dubbed “Moby Dick” due to a elongated shape, large fairings and white bottom colour. The particular circle arch atmosphere vents on a front fairings, that also underline on a GT3 Porsche 911 GT3 R patron vehicle, boost downforce during a front axle. Measuring 1,909 millimetres in breadth by 400 millimetres in depth, a back wing lends aerodynamic balance.
Many sum of a extraneous are a salute to a winning vehicles from a company’s engine racing history: The aerodynamically capped rims relate those of a 935/78, with a LED back lights on a back wing endplates adopted from a 919 Hybrid LMP1 competition car. The side mirrors accost from a stream Le Mans-winning 911 RSR, with a unprotected titanium tailpipes modelled on a Porsche 908 from 1968.
Plenty of power, easy to control
The energy is eliminated to a back engine around a seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with firm gearbox cessation during a 310-millimetre-wide back axle. Like in a GT highway models of a 911, a motorist changes gears around conveniently positioned change paddles on a steering wheel. Typical of a 911, a weight placement ensures glorious traction and braking performances.
Like a road-legal 911 GT2 RS, a 1,380-kilogram 935 is versed with PSM (Porsche Stability Management) including traction control as good as an anti-lock braking complement (ABS). Thanks to a supposed map switch, these assistance systems can be practiced alone or switched off completely, depending on a pushing situation.
The new Porsche 935 could be systematic from 701,948 Euro and country-specific VAT. Customers will accept their vehicles from Jun 2019 during disdainful smoothness events.
Technical outline Porsche 935 (Typ 991, Gen 2)
• Single-seater near-standard non-homologated competition car.
• Basis: Porsche 911 GT2 RS (991.2)
Weight / dimensions
• Weight: ca. 1,380 kg
• Length: 4,865 mm
• Width: 2,034 mm (incl. side mirrors)
• Total height: 1,359 mm
• Wheelbase: 2.457 mm
• Water-cooled 6-cylinder aluminium twin-turbo rear-mounted fighter engine and firm suspension; 3,800 cc; cadence 77.5 mm; gimlet 102 mm; ca. 515 kW (700 hp)
• 4-valve record with camshaft composition and valve-lift switchover
• Electronic engine government (Continental SDI 9)
• DMSB-approved 100-cell steel catalytic converter
• Rear silencer with twin tailpipes mounted centrally, Heritage Design
• 7-speed PDK gearbox with firm cessation and brief throw
• Dual mass flywheel
• Internal pressurised oil lubrication with active oil cooling
• Limited trip differential optimised for racing
• eight-optimised bodyshell in aluminium-steel combination pattern with carbon-fibre Kevlar appendage tools to urge aerodynamics and stability
• Rear wing with lights integrated in endplates
• Enlarged atmosphere inlets with integrated LED headlights in 4-point design
• Removable shun induce in roof complying with FIA Art. 275a
• Aerodynamically optimised side mirrors
• 115-litre FT3 reserve fuel dungeon with fuel cut-off reserve valve in correspondence with FIA Art. 253 in a front, discretionary with fast-fill coupling
• Welded-in reserve cage
• Recaro racing bucket chair with longitudinal chair composition and stuffing complement in suitability with FIA Standard 8862/2009
• 6-point reserve harness
• Air jack complement (three jacks)
• Fire extinguishing complement with electronic recover unit
McPherson cessation strut; fake cessation links, optimised rigidity with high-performance round bearings, centre-locking circle nuts; 3-way racing dampers, reinforced tie-rod; Electro-mechanical energy steering with non-static steering ratio; blade anti-roll bar
McPherson cessation strut; fake cessation links, optimised rigidity with high-performance round bearings, centre-locking circle nuts; Electro-mechanical energy steering with non-static steering ratio; blade anti-roll bar
Brake system: Two apart stop circuits for front and back axles; tractable around stop change bar system
Six-piston aluminium monobloc racing stop callipers with anti-knock-back piston springs; steel stop discs, internally ventilated with 380 mm diameter, racing stop pads, optimised stop cooling ducts
Four-piston aluminium monobloc racing stop callipers with anti-knock-back piston springs; steel stop discs, internally ventilated with 355 mm diameter, racing stop pads, optimised stop cooling ducts
• Instrument cluster consisting of COSWORTH ICD with integrated information logger, competition Chrono watch and boost sign in a selected finish
• CFK multifunction steering circle with array speed limiter and quick-release coupling
• PSM (Porsche Stability Management) with ABS, Traction Control and Electronic Stability Control (able to be totally switched off)
• Centre console with map switch to adjust a ABS, ESC, TC and switch between preset tyre circumferences
• Porsche Track Precision Race App
• Integrated path trigger
• Lightweight lithium-ion (Li-Fe-Po-) battery, 60 Ah, leakproof, mounted in newcomer footwell
• Emergency cut-off switch in cockpit and outward left of a windscreen
• Tyre vigour monitoring complement (TPMS)
• Air conditioning
Rims / Tyres
One-piece light-alloy fake wheels
11.5J x 18 equivalent 15.3 with centre-locking nut; Michelin ride tyres 29/65-R18
One-piece light-alloy fake wheels
13J x 18 equivalent -10 with centre-locking nut; Michelin ride tyres 31/71-R18
Agate gray water-based paint; optional: Martini livery
701,948 Euro and country-specific VAT.
Delivery from Jun 2019
*911 GT2 RS: total fuel expenditure 11.8 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 269 g/km