- Up to 20 of a e-Palette vehicles to support contestant transformation during Tokyo 2020
- Offers Low-Speed SAE Level 4 Automated Transportation via a Paralympic and Olympic villages
- e-Palette Vehicle on arrangement from Oct 24 to Nov 4 at 2019 Tokyo Motor Show
TORONTO – Oct 9, 2019 ―Toyota announced currently that it will supply adult to 20 specially-designed “Tokyo 2020 Version” e-Palette vehicles to support contestant mobility during a Paralympic and Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, where it will yield automated, loop-line travel in a Paralympic and Olympic villages for athletes and associated staff. The battery-electric, programmed vehicles have been blending privately for use during a Paralympic and Olympic Games formed in partial on feedback from athletes about their mobility needs in a past games.
“Paralympic and Olympic athletes work tirelessly to grasp a impossible, and we wanted to yield them with a car privately designed and calibrated to fit their mobility needs during Tokyo 2020,” pronounced Takahiro Muta, growth personality for a singular chronicle of a e-Palette for Tokyo 2020. “Throughout a growth process, athletes, generally Para Athletes, helped us to improved know how we could adjust and ascent a e-Palette to improved accommodate a need for simple, available and gentle mobility. We are unapproachable to work with them on a car that will not only pierce athletes physically via a Paralympic and Olympic Village though will also offer them new opportunities to correlate with others, share new experiences, and be changed emotionally.”
First announced in 2018, e-Palette is Toyota’s initial car grown privately for unconstrained mobility as a use (“Autono-MaaS1”) applications. It reflects Toyota’s ongoing transition to a mobility association and combines electrification, connected networks, and modernized pushing technologies to support new common mobility businesses and business models.
The “Tokyo 2020 Version” e-Palette has been blending to accommodate a singular needs of a Paralympic and Olympic Village, featuring vast doors and electric ramps to concede groups of athletes, including Para athletes, to house fast and easily. The car will be tranquil by an programmed pushing complement able of handling adult to 20 kilometres per hour during SAE level2 4, upheld by an on-board reserve operator.
Deploying a e-Palette to support contestant and staff mobility is a pivotal component of Toyota’s module to yield modernized mobility solutions for Tokyo 2020 as a initial worldwide mobility partner of a Paralympic and Olympic Games. In addition, Toyota skeleton to precedence a believe gained from handling e-Palette during Tokyo 2020 to continue building a car to support destiny Mobility-as-a-Service applications. The Tokyo 2020 Version will be suggested and exhibited during Toyota’s counter during a 2019 Tokyo Motor Show3 hold in Japan from Oct 23 to Nov 4, 2019.
Overview of a e-Palette “Tokyo 2020 Version”
Designed for gentle mobility
- Designed with front/rear symmetry, a particular brick shape, and wheels during a 4 corners, a car offers expanded and gentle interior space.
- Reflecting Toyota’s joining to providing “Mobility for All,” it includes handrails and seats that are easy to use regardless of height; a car also comforts floor, trim, seats, and other components with tone contrasts that support people with colour-blindness.
Enabling discerning and easy entry/exit for passengers
- The e-Palette is versed with vast shifting doors, low floors, electric ramps, and an Arrival Control4 complement for use when coming destinations to capacitate passengers, including those in wheelchairs, to enter and exit fast and easily.
- With a prolonged wheelbase and prosaic floor, a car can ride adult to 4 passengers in wheelchairs along with additional station passengers during one time.
Low-speed programmed pushing with a concentration on safety
- The e-Palette is versed with a specially-designed programmed pushing complement that includes control hardware, software, and modernized sensors such as cameras and LiDAR. Combined with high-accuracy 3D mapping and an operation government system, e-Palette will comprehend low-speed programmed pushing during SAE turn 4.
- To support protected operation, a e-Palette comforts an outmost human-machine interface designed to support communication with those around a vehicle, including pedestrians, during programmed driving. Headlamps on a front and back of a car impersonate eye hit to surprise pedestrians of car actions.
- The programmed pushing complement constantly monitors for obstacles opposite a full 360-degree margin of prophesy around a car and operates during a speed suitable and in suitability with a surrounding environment. As a medicine measure, an on-board reserve user will also guard a vehicle’s transformation and be prepared to take control if necessary.
*1 Combination of “autonomous” and “mobility as a service” describing Toyota’s mobility services regulating programmed pushing vehicles.
*2 SAE Level references can be found here
*3 The special invitation days is on Oct 24; a uncover is open to a ubiquitous open from Oct 25 to Nov 4
*4 It controls a car to stop during a designated boarding and ingress plcae and minimizing a opening to a train stop itself.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is a disdainful Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sole over 8 million vehicles in Canada by a inhabitant network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and trustworthiness to a vehicles Canadians expostulate and a use they receive. TCI’s conduct bureau is located in Toronto, with informal offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and tools placement centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates dual prolongation comforts in Canada. Having constructed some-more than 8 million vehicles, renouned Canadian models built during these comforts embody Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments during a comforts in Ontario will concede for increasing prolongation of a top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models.