TORONTO, ON – Oct 10, 2019 – With scarcely 20 years’ knowledge and some-more than 208,000 electrified vehicles sole in Canada, Toyota is putting some-more energy behind a hybrid battery warranty.
Today, Toyota Canada Inc. announced it will extend a hybrid battery guaranty from 8 years or 160,000 km to 10 years from date of initial use, or 240,000 km, whichever comes first. This prolongation is current for all indication year 2020 Toyota hybrid electric vehicles. All other hybrid components will keep coverage underneath a Hybrid System Warranty during 8 years/160,000 km, whichever comes first.
The new 2020 Toyota hybrid battery guaranty is a many extensive guaranty in a attention covering initial tenure and all successive owners – creation it even easier for Toyota to broach a fuel efficiency, extraordinary range, energetic performance, and certain environmental advantages that this innovative record delivers.
“Toyota hybrid vehicles have been on a roads for roughly 20 years and this new guaranty prolongation is a covenant to a advantages hybrid record brings to a customers, a communities and a environment” pronounced Cyril Dimitris, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing, Toyota Canada Inc. “In Canada alone, Toyota’s hybrid car sales continue to grow any month. Just final month, we pennyless a annual hybrid sales record a full entertain early.”
Toyota is committed to some-more fit powertrains and today, Toyota’s 2020 lineup includes 6 hybrid models:
- Fourth-generation Prius with accessible AWD-e boasts a total fuel expenditure of 4.4L/ 100 km.
- The Prius Prime, Toyota’s plug-in Hybrid now also has seating for 5 and a operation of 1,035 km on a full assign and a full tank of gas.
- First-ever Corolla Hybrid with a total fuel expenditure of 4.5 L/100 km.
- Third-generation Camry Hybrid with a total fuel expenditure of 4.9 L/ 100 km.
- Second-generation RAV4 Hybrid with a total fuel expenditure of 6.0 L/ 100 km.
- New 2020 Highlander Hybrid with a manufacturer-estimated 6.9 L/ 100 km total fuel consumption.
Toyota encourages business to deliberate their Toyota Warranty and Maintenance Guide for some-more information on a New Vehicle Limited Warranty that accompanies any vehicle.
The Toyota Hybrid System Warranty coverage is 8 years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first, for a following components:
- Hybrid Battery Control Module (battery voltage sensor)
- Hybrid Control Module (power government control module)
- Inverter with Converter
- The new Hybrid Battery Warranty is 10 years or 240,000 km, whichever comes first.
# # #